The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by cherrypiez
I wanted to see how an application form would look like and accidentally submitted it with a random name, date of birth, and current secondary school! What should i do?!

well if its a random name you have nothing to worry about, unless you put all of your details on it.

How can you accidentally send one tho lol x
Reply 2
Original post by blairxoxo
well if its a random name you have nothing to worry about, unless you put all of your details on it.

How can you accidentally send one tho lol x

I was trying to see what details I have to submitted for when I do it for real but I pressed "submit" by accident!!!!!! I wrote my mobile number and home number on it and they page said they will contact me!!!! I wrote a fake name "fdgsfh" like this and where it asked for my current school I just wrote the name of the school I accidentally applied to!!! what should I do? they'll contact me soon...
Reply 3
I was trying to see what details I have to submitted for when I do it for real but I pressed "submit" by accident!!!!!! I wrote my mobile number and home number on it and they page said they will contact me!!!! I wrote a fake name "fdgsfh" like this and where it asked for my current school I just wrote the name of the school I accidentally applied to!!! what should I do? they'll contact me soon...

Oh I see. Well do you want to go to that sixth form? And if you do then you're probably better off telling them you had computer problems or there was a glitch in the system or something. I hope you sort it out. You could always email them and explain this. So I would email them and cancel that misnamed application and then apply with your irl. Should be fine anyway. I wouldn't worry.

Are you doing gcses atm?

Unless you wrote anything bad on the sample form, you have nothing to worry about. Send an email apologising for your mistake, if you like. And take more care over the real thing :smile:
Good luck with your (next :biggrin: ) application!
Reply 5
Oh I see. Well do you want to go to that sixth form? And if you do then you're probably better off telling them you had computer problems or there was a glitch in the system or something. I hope you sort it out. You could always email them and explain this. So I would email them and cancel that misnamed application and then apply with your irl. Should be fine anyway. I wouldn't worry.

Are you doing gcses atm?

I want to apply to the school but not go there. But I just picked random subjects to do! ok, so all I have to do is wait for them to call then tell them about the computer problems and cancel the application?
Reply 6
Original post by Pastaferian
Unless you wrote anything bad on the sample form, you have nothing to worry about. Send an email apologising for your mistake, if you like. And take more care over the real thing :smile:
Good luck with your (next :biggrin: ) application!

ok thankyou! so do I just send an email to the email written on the school website?
Reply 7

Are you doing gcses atm?

Oh and yes I am doing GCSEs right now.
Reply 8

Are you doing gcses atm?

in the email should I tell them about why I submitted it by accident or just say it was a mistake???
ok thankyou! so do I just send an email to the email written on the school website?

Yes, just tell them you are interested in applying to them, and that you were looking at how to fill out the form, and hit SUBMIT by mistake. Everything will be fine, don't worry about it. :smile:
Reply 10
Yes, just tell them you are interested in applying to them, and that you were looking at how to fill out the form, and hit SUBMIT by mistake. Everything will be fine, don't worry about it. :smile:

ok done phew! I just hope they don't call my mobile or the home phone tomorrow!
I want to apply to the school but not go there. But I just picked random subjects to do! ok, so all I have to do is wait for them to call then tell them about the computer problems and cancel the application?

I would email as it is easier to convey your message and avoid waffling over the phone.

Oh and yes I am doing GCSEs right now.

Oh right nice :smile:

in the email should I tell them about why I submitted it by accident or just say it was a mistake???

Just tell them that you were having issues with your computer hence the name and explain to them that it was a mistake with regards to your options.

Take care this time, reapply with your preferred options and ensure that your application is excellent. As a user said above, unless you put anything incriminating, or rude, or offensive then you will be fine.

At least you got a callback all you have to really is reapply and you will be fine.

Best of wishes

Blair.x
Reply 12
I would email as it is easier to convey your message and avoid waffling over the phone.

Oh right nice :smile:

Just tell them that you were having issues with your computer hence the name and explain to them that it was a mistake with regards to your options.

Take care this time, reapply with your preferred options and ensure that your application is excellent. As a user said above, unless you put anything incriminating, or rude, or offensive then you will be fine.

At least you got a callback all you have to really is reapply and you will be fine.

Best of wishes

Blair.x

OK thank you so much for solving the problem! I'll definitely not make the same mistake again! Do you think they will reply? I hope they do so I know they have confirmed that they cancelled the application and won't call me!
Reply 13

OK thank you so much for solving the problem! I'll definitely not make the same mistake again! Do you think they will reply? I hope they do so I know they have confirmed that they cancelled the application and won't call me!

They might reply, but don't worry if they don't. No news will still be good news.

They should do and if not then tell them what options you want to do under your other alias. Should be fine imo.

Latest