The Student Room Group

A girl told people my iphone passcode. Life = ruined

No one has been able to figure out my passcode for two years, but this silly girl saw me somehow type mine is and was able to guess it right. She said it really loudly so everyone heard and that peed me off. Unfortunately I was really really stupid and had to go dancing so left my phone with a friend, with the old passcode that now everyone knew. They went into my phone, but I've gone through a lot of problems I haven't told them about and they're really embarrassing. Obviously when I was dancing they went into my phone and took pictures however I have lots of photos saved of like advice to help me and pics of people like myself to increase my self esteem (counsellor recommended it to me).

As they took pictures obviously they would have seen all the other ones and now I'm really annoyed. It's a new school and now my friends will think I'm freaks. It's always been my biggest fear having someone find out my passcode and now I feel like my privacy has seriously been breached and I'm quite emotional right now because I feel as if everything about me is laid out in the open.

I'm just really pissed at the girl who read out my passcode. Because it also doubles as my PIN number etc. And her doing that has resulted in all this. It's mainly my fault anyway for not immediately changing it once she said it. I won't be able to sleep tonight how can I get over it?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What's happened, has happened, you can't change ut , so why dwell on it, just cuss the dumb bish out and move on. But don't shy away, cause I'll expose as weak, if you own up and confess to whatever they found, they won't have any ammunition to throw at you. They may even respect your honesty and courageness.
Though you should have changed it anyway!
BTW had to go dancing????
Reply 2
Change password?
Reply 3
Get new friends, I know 90% of people I know pin codes/swipe pattens and I would never ever dream of going into their phone to do anything other than have a chat to a mutual friend on Facebook (after saying it was me the the other person)

Its bad they went thought your phone, you trusted them with your phone and they broke that trust when they went thought it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
why are you shifting the blame onto this girl? you only have yourself to blame.
Reply 5
Just try and blow it off like it doesn't matter. It may not work at first, but if people get a rise out of you by upsetting you etc, then that fuels their interest. Hopefully it won't take too long before they forget, and if they keep being chumps then you're better off without their company.

Trust me, there ain't a single person in life that doesn't Google their problems or save photos they like.

Also, for god's sake don't let people hold on to your phones. It's always a girl thing, they share passwords and property and then wonder why they come unstuck when their beaky chums start rifling (though I know this isn't strictly the case with you). I must hear it at least once a week from friends, sigh.
The thing is they knew I was annoyed about the passcode and when they had the opportunity, deliberately entered it just to look through my phone.

I know the blame is mainly on myself though. Can't believe I was so stupid.
If you're not going to be of any help, don't post? :smile: Thanks.
If you're going to accuse me of being a troll, please don't bother posting. I'm not in the mood.

But to those who helped, thank you very much :smile:
Life ruined because someone looked at the content of you iPhone while you were dancing?

First world problems.
Original post by Quantex
Life ruined because someone looked at the content of you iPhone while you were dancing?

First world problems.

First world problems indeed, but now they know all about the mental health issues I have, and if this gets spread round then it's not exactly ideal.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Alevelstudent96
First world problems indeed, but now they know all about the mental health issues I have, and if this gets spread round then it's not exactly ideal.

Well, if your post is serious, all I can say is move on. Remember that your own fears/anxieties about how others perceive you are often overblown compared to how people actually perceive you. If people do try to ridicule you over the contents of your phone, head them off by making your own jokes about it. It may sound strange, but it is difficult to bully the fat kid that mocks his own weight.
Reply 12
Original post by Alevelstudent96
The thing is they knew I was annoyed about the passcode and when they had the opportunity, deliberately entered it just to look through my phone.

I know the blame is mainly on myself though. Can't believe I was so stupid.

Hah and you called the girl stupid.

You shouldn't of had that kind of sensitive information lying around, it's your fault. My phone doesn't even have a lock on it, and with the amount of times my mates borrow it to use it I'd not put anything that personal to me on it. All mine has is my Facebook is logged in and who cares if someone frapes me.
Original post by Quantex
Well, if your post is serious, all I can say is move on. Remember that your own fears/anxieties about how others perceive you are often overblown compared to how people actually perceive you. If people do try to ridicule you over the contents of your phone, head them off by making your own jokes about it. It may sound strange, but it is difficult to bully the fat kid that mocks his own weight.

I don't really know how to make jokes out of mental illness. I find it really had to get over things, especially if it revolves around this issue. After a teacher in my last school asked about how my counselling was going (she meant no harm) this guy overheard and subsequently would call me a freak and told other people. These new friends are nicer but I'm still very worried word would get out. They do gossip a lot:/
Original post by Gjaykay
Hah and you called the girl stupid.

You shouldn't of had that kind of sensitive information lying around, it's your fault. My phone doesn't even have a lock on it, and with the amount of times my mates borrow it to use it I'd not put anything that personal to me on it. All mine has is my Facebook is logged in and who cares if someone frapes me.

Yeah I know. But I got an app now where I've transferred all the pics to a password protected app. Albeit too late now
Reply 15
See it as a blessing in disguise, what's the worse that can possibly happen to you now? most teenagers have self esteem issues whether they'll admit it or not for the fear of not looking cool. Just be totally honest about it if someone asks :confused:

Regarding the girl however, two ways you can about this, act completely cold to her so she understands her actions or act like nothing's happened so you don't feed their perception.
Original post by 2ndClass
See it as a blessing in disguise, what's the worse that can possibly happen to you now? most teenagers have self esteem issues whether they'll admit it or not for the fear of not looking cool. Just be totally honest about it if someone asks :confused:

Regarding the girl however, two ways you can about this, act completely cold to her so she understands her actions or act like nothing's happened so you don't feed their perception.
Thank you :smile: It's not just self esteem issues, just various mental disorders generally. With all the stigma attached to it it's nerve wrecking when others find out, and the experience I posted above of in my last school didn't help matters.
Hope you realise that you can't trust people, now!
Original post by Sphodromantis
What's happened, has happened, you can't change ut , so why dwell on it, just cuss the dumb bish out and move on. But don't shy away, cause I'll expose as weak, if you own up and confess to whatever they found, they won't have any ammunition to throw at you. They may even respect your honesty and courageness.
Though you should have changed it anyway!
BTW had to go dancing????

Lol yeah because children respect those attributes when looking for a weakness.

I agree with the rest of the post though, depending on what it is just try and laugh it off. Responding with negative reactions will just make it worse.
Original post by martin jol
why are you shifting the blame onto this girl? you only have yourself to blame.

Did she have to shout it out ? ? No, she could have just left it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending