The Student Room Group

Constantly a nervous wreck.

Since I was little I've always been the type of person that worries excessively over every little thing and gets easily stressed, but it's getting worse and I am so sick of it.

I'm at university at the moment and have mock exams when I go back in January. I have a constant feeling of nervousness, and several times a day I will become really panicky, and my heart will race and I'll feel physically sick and shaky. I'll end up biting my nails until they bleed and tonight I just had like an emotional breakdown and I couldn't stop crying for ages.

It's just so mentally unhealthy to feel so stressed. It's so stupid to get so worked up over something like exams. I don't want to be like this for the rest of my life. How are some people so chilled and laid-back about everything?

Help please :frown:
Have you considered seeing your doctor? This level of anxiety doesn't sound normal and there are solutions to it. For example you could try cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) or medication such as SSRIs or beta-blockers, seeing your doctor will open up these options. If you want to know more about either just ask me and I'll try to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest