The Student Room Group

Yellow Cards

Hello,

While I agree that the new warning system is much simpler and should eradicate the awful inconsistency of the last one - I have a quick question regarding yellow cards.

If yellow cards equal a warning (similar to old 'warning points') - what are the reasons for the increased the length of time they remain pinned to your account? Was there a major issue with people coming back from bans and repeat offending or what?

Before, 'warning points' would disappear after a week, maybe two? Now a yellow card (warning) stays there for two months?

I'm wondering if this is fair, given that if someone gets a second yellow in this time (2 months - massive increase over the previous system), the user will be banned.

(Presumably when you're on a yellow, the next card will be a yellow - i.e. no 3/4 blues on top of the initial yellow then second yellow)
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

The new card system is rubbish in my opinion. Yes the consistency of warning points was questioned prior to the introduction of these cards however, at least everyone knew back then that 15 points would get you banned.
If i ****ing breath i get blue cards lol i hate this system.
Yellow cards stay for two months?! :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Do the bans last for 2 months as well?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Autistic Merit

A red card ban lasts for seven days, as before. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Autistic Merit

Yh mine says 2 months :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
You can post in AAM if you feel a warning has been given unfair, and either you will get an explanation saying exactly why it broke the rules, or if when reviewing the warning, the mod agrees it was unfair, it will be reversed. Sometimes we do make mistakes after all. If you feel that the mod who issued the card was acting overly harshly, you can also ask for a second opinion.

General note - posting *why* you got warned in the public forums is a warn-able offence however, so don't post your warnings here.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Illusionary
A red card ban lasts for seven days, as before. :smile:

Then how many yellows equals a red? This is one very confusing game of football indeed...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Mockery
Then how many yellows equals a red? This is one very confusing game of football indeed...

I'd suggest that you just try to avoid getting any cards at all, rather than seeing how many you can accumulate before getting a ban. :smile:
The Ask a Moderator section is broken. It just says I can't access the page. It has always done that for me though.

I literally didn't even have time to edit my post on the Moderators suggestion...
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Kilroy8
The Ask a Moderator section is broken. It just says I can't access the page. It has always done that for me though.

I literally didn't even have time to edit my post on the Moderators suggestion...

What link are you trying to follow that leads to that error?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=266

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Maid Marian
Yellow cards stay for two months?! :frown:

I've got six blues and one yellow :cry2:

Why do you have so many cards :eek: I never see you post anything naughty...but then again I'm not even sure what you get blue cards for.
I've never had one, I must be quite boring :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 15
I'd suggest that you just try to avoid getting any cards at all, rather than seeing how many you can accumulate before getting a ban. :smile:

So it doesn't work like that, it's just up to the mod's own discretion?
Original post by Mockery
So it doesn't work like that, it's just up to the mods own discretion?

No, escalation is automatically applied where relevant. The page linked to in the thread originally announcing the changes has all of the details that the community team are happy to be shared at the moment.
Maid Marian
x

Wait..you quoted me but I don't see any quote now, i think your post got deleted, another warning? :redface:

I edited my post to show the printscreen. None of the links work nor did mrhumphries links, but I can't quote humphries for some reason.
Original post by rmhumphries
You can post in AAM if you feel a warning has been given unfair, and either you will get an explanation saying exactly why it broke the rules, or if when reviewing the warning, the mod agrees it was unfair, it will be reversed. Sometimes we do make mistakes after all. If you feel that the mod who issued the card was acting overly harshly, you can also ask for a second opinion.

General note - posting *why* you got warned in the public forums is a warn-able offence however, so don't post your warnings here.

Good point here - but at the end of the day, if it's anything like the old system, the mods decide what's offensive to different individuals and what's not - they decide what's insulting to different individuals and what's not - then close threads/mark them resolved in the AAM section, despite the threads being clearly unresolved (in one case, another mod told me he'd get back to me, then another kindly closed the thread as he deemed it 'resolved' - very logical.)

The moral of the story? Don't waste your time with AAM.

That's a couple of time's you've posted yet avoided my initial questions???

Why do cards last so long in comparison to older 'points'?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending