The Student Room Group

Chatting with my crush!!

Hey guys,

I am 20 years old student and the last 5 months i like guy from my class who is almost 5 years older than me. I think that he likes me as well as he stares me all the time and he has made some moves to talk to me.. However, even if i am so in love with him I am not responding well to him.. This is because i am tooo shy to talk to him and besides i feel a bit embarassed cause he is english and english is not my first language... However, i really dont want to let it pass so i thought that a good idea could be chat with him via email as a first step.. But i really have no idea how to start the conversation! Can anyone give some ideas??
Thank you!
Reply 1
Really really simple: Say "Hi"

Or, "Hi, how are you"

Or any and all variations along this theme - personally I would talk to him in person first - even if english isn't your first language, it will be alot easier!!! :P
Reply 2
English isn't my first language either! Don't be afraid to make mistakes, most guys I've met seem to like my accent :s. Just start talking to him in real life! You can think of a couple of things you would like to know about him, or mention something class related :smile:
If you think that is too scary you can also try to flirt with him, so that he might start talking to you!
Reply 3
Thanks for your advice.. Of course I know that the best thing is to talk face to face but at this point there is a technical problem about that :smile: its Christmas holidays and we wont see each other for a couple of weeks. For this reason i choose email as i want to have at least a kind of contact with him because i m afraid that it is possible to find another girl during this period.. So email is my only option.. Therefore, you think that just a 'hi how are you' is ok as a starting move via email or i should say something more.??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending