The Student Room Group

How long do you revise for before a break? My concentration span is so short!!!!!!!!!

I seem to be taking a "break" every 5 mins!! I'll read a few words then get bored and distracted either checking something online, finding something to clean, doing something non urgent on my to do list, snacking when I'm not hungry. And then the hours just pass by and I feel really guilty at the end of the day at my lack of progress. I'm actually making this thread to get some advise/seek reassurance - not a form of procrastination....honestly.:tongue:
60 minutes. I have the attention span of Dory from Finding Nemo so it's ridiculously difficult for me to just sit down and commit myself to one task, like revising for upcoming exams. :eek: I've learnt to discipline myself well enough to be able to put the timer on my phone for 60 minites and just attack my work in that time. Sometimes, when I'm feeling wild, I might stop the timer at 56 minutes and start my break then.

You have to find a method that works for you. Some people work in 20-30 minute intervals and then have a break while others can go on for hours until they have a break. Others just blitz it all with no distractions and wait until all their work is finished before the procrastination commences.
Reply 2
2hours
Reply 3
Maths i can do for 2-3 hours as its just doing questions, only stop for food/drink.

Biology I can do for an hour tops. Chemistry maybe 2 hours if there are questions.

Used to have the attention span of a goldfish but after getting AS results (not so great) kinda realised that I did actually need to do work and stop getting distracted.
Reply 4
3/4 hours, maybe more, it depends on the subject and topic and my energy.
Reply 5
About half an hour if I'm lucky :eek: If I am stressed though, I can revise for about 2 hours practically non stop.
Its a miracle I have passed all my assessments lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending