Fornication is becoming too prevalent in society Watch

xaki90
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
First of all I would like to say I am not religious at all and am an atheist. But this culture of just hooking up with people and then labeling them as either boyfriend or girlfriend to justify their immoral sexual relationships is making me uneasy. Everywhere I go I see unmarried couples who are behaving as though they were married. I myself have turned down a couple of girls in the past so am not a hypocrite. Why don't people stop behaving like animals and start having limits and standards and not be like a pimp or a concubine. Whatever happened to waiting till marriage before doing the deed. Statistics show 90% of couples who were intimate before getting married end up divorcing within 10 years of married life. At work I am surrounded by philanderers and it makes me think of them as a bit seedy as they have no self control and are only concerned about the gratification of their base desires and not on the enrichment of their souls.
Elcano
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, you're not religious at all, but sex before marrying is immoral.

Obvious troll is obvious.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yes they think they are so clever with their so-called relationships. it always ends in tears.
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sex is fun. Lighten up.
John Stuart Mill
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Elcano)
Yeah, you're not religious at all, but sex before marrying is immoral.

Obvious troll is obvious.
people like you who rely on strawmans are the reason discourse no longer exists.
Le egg
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
chelseafan
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Serentonin)
Sex is fun. Lighten up.
PM me?
bluemax
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I agree with the OP.
Elcano
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by John Stuart Mill)
people like you who rely on strawmans are the reason discourse no longer exists.
'strawmans', eh?

Mhm... sex out of marriage is bad, because.......

... please fill in the blank.
Viva Emptiness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't really see why anyone should give a **** who ****s who. Sex is fun, if they enjoy it and are responsible, let 'em have it for all I care. Lighten up.
PoGo HoPz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
VDW
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I find it difficult to deal with when my ex *****es fornicate with other men.
Robbie242
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
waiting till marriage is too long bro
cant_think_of_name
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lol you said fornication :giggle:
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

It's just sex.

I could never wait until marriage to have sex with someone. The fear of being sexually incompatible would annoy me.
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Whats the point in marriage other than to have a big party. You can have commitment without marriage.
Al-Mudaari
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Completely agree. It's disgusting and a social illness.

Leads to family break downs, spread of diseases (fornicators are more likely to have multiple partners), illegitimate children who are many times not properly cared for, higher cheating on spouses (as there's no sense of commitment) and the murder of infants.

In the west it's more detrimental when they engage in disease prone activities (in terms of likelihood) such as sodomy (male on female in this case, male-male is another discussion), unprotected oral and God knows what else considering some women allegedly have rape fantasies.
Theflyingbarney
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by xaki90)
Statistics show 90% of couples who were intimate before getting married end up divorcing within 10 years of married life.
Would love to know where the hell you got that from. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Al-Mudaari)
Completely agree. It's disgusting and a social illness.

Leads to family break downs, spread of diseases (fornicators are more likely to have multiple partners), illegitimate children who are many times not properly cared for, higher cheating on spouses (as there's no sense of commitment) and the murder of infants.

In the west it's more detrimental when they engage in disease prone activities (in terms of likelihood) such as sodomy (male on female in this case, male-male is another discussion), unprotected oral and God knows what else considering some women allegedly have rape fantasies.
Um... what? I could potentially accept that there are higher rates of family breakdown/cheating and the like, although I suspect the difference is very marginal and would like to see some statistics for that sort of thing. But murder of infants? Seriously, how the **** do you work that one out?

Plus, you do know that plenty of married couples engage in oral and anal sex as well? As far as I know, oral sex is no more risky disease wise than vaginal intercourse, and the disease risks from anal intercourse are also overstated. Not sure what rape fantasies have to do with any of that either.
Jennifer | 1996
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Vixen47)
It's just sex.

I could never wait until marriage to have sex with someone. The fear of being sexually incompatible would annoy me.
So, love is just all about sex, really? :eek:
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Theflyingbarney)
Would love to know where the hell you got that from. :rolleyes:

Um... what? I could potentially accept that there are higher rates of family breakdown/cheating and the like, although I suspect the difference is very marginal and would like to see some statistics for that sort of thing. But murder of infants? Seriously, how the **** do you work that one out?

Plus, you do know that plenty of married couples engage in oral and anal sex as well? As far as I know, oral sex is no more risky disease wise than vaginal intercourse, and the disease risks from anal intercourse are also overstated. Not sure what rape fantasies have to do with any of that either.
I think that he was referring to abortion as 'murder of infants'.

Also there is a problem with people having oral sex very rarely using protection. It does have a lower risk than vaginal or anal sex but the risk still exists.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.39%
No (241)
33.61%

Watched Threads