The Student Room Group

Advice needed from those who have done a Maths PGCE (Via SKE) ..

Advice needed from those who have done a Maths PGCE (Via SKE) ..

Hi,

I will be applying for my maths PGCE this time next year but my degree is in Sport studies. I have an A* in GCSE Maths and C at A Level Maths...

I want to hear stories from those who have got onto a PGCE for Maths via the SKE route..

1) What degree did you study and what classification did you get?
2) What grades did you get GCSE Maths and A level Maths?

and any other info will be appreciated

Thanks
you probably need to take a subject enhancement course because your degree is not maths related
Reply 2
Original post by Prokaryotic_crap
you probably need to take a subject enhancement course because your degree is not maths related

Hey,

Yep, I mentioned that in my post lol
Original post by jameslad
Hey,

Yep, I mentioned that in my post lol

lol I didn't know what SKE was
apparently vidlearn offer an SKE course that you can pay for yourself - or - you could use your time right now to learn - re polish your GCSE maths - then polish your A level maths - I could tutor you on either of those. But basically make GCSE maths your new hobby. start soon and then everything you make or use could be used in your actual teaching.

Welcome to the world of maths - we love it!

Thinking about it a bit better - it would of course be good to strt with the GCSE Higher OCR specification - it tells you everything that you need to do and know. Then find a text book that you like - or start with snap revise on You tube - i like those people.

I taught maths on line for many years so I know it can be done! Good luck and have fun!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending