The Student Room Group

how long does it take in general for universities to hand out offers?

I applied a week ago today and 4/5 have sent an acknowledgement email. I applied for English Language at Northumbria, Huddersfield, Chester, Sheffield Hallam and York St John - Northumbria are the only one to have not sent an acknowledgement email.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dBousfield
I applied a week ago today and 4/5 have sent an acknowledgement email. I applied for English Language at Northumbria, Huddersfield, Chester, Sheffield Hallam and York St John - Northumbria are the only one to have not sent an acknowledgement email.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's really hard to say, my first reply was 4 days and my last was two months. It's dependent on university and the department etc. Hopefully you won't be waiting too long, best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some departments may have closed admissions for the christmas holidays, so that may be why you don't have an email from them.

In terms of offers, it can vary greatly. Anywhere from a week to a few months.
Reply 3
Original post by dBousfield

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on how competitive the course/uni is :smile: i sent mine off 2 weeks ago and I've received 3/5 replies. 1 of the uni's didn't even bother to send me an acknowledgment email lol, which is weird cuz they gave me an offer ;p My mate sent his app off on Monday and he already has 1 offer and an invitation to an interview...
Reply 4
Original post by cuckoo99
Depends on how competitive the course/uni is :smile: i sent mine off 2 weeks ago and I've received 3/5 replies. 1 of the uni's didn't even bother to send me an acknowledgment email lol, which is weird cuz they gave me an offer ;p My mate sent his app off on Monday and he already has 1 offer and an invitation to an interview...

Just got an unconditional 10 minutes ago from northumbria my first choice because I already have my grades, my first offer too! YAY

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
3, maybe 4
Reply 6
My application was sent to my school yesterday at 10am. At 11pm, I could log into Track and all of the applications were sent to universities. By 4pm, I had received 3/5 of my choices from one university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending