itsnatalie7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey everyone,
So maybe it's a little premature to be thinking about adjustment... but I was wondering whether anyone knows of or has gotten into a better university for a law course via adjustment.

'better universities' e.g. KCL, LSE, Durham, Warwick, UCL, Birmingham?

Additionally: if I apply via adjustment to a LNAT university - does that mean I have to take the LNAT? And if so (I've done it as a precautionary today - dec 20th), could I just use that score to apply to an LNAT uni for adjustment?

Thanks!!! Any response will be appreciated
Origami Bullets
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Adjustment is a bit underused (largely, it would seem, because people tend to build up an emotional attachment to their firm and dont want to change on results day - plus you can create problems with accommodation).

However, the unis that come up in Adjustment are essentially the same as those in Clearing, but you can only use Adjustment if you have met and exceeded your offer, so you may not be eligible in the first place. It's also impossible to tell which unis will come up in Clearing / Adjustment next year - it varies SO much from year to year.

LNAT unis can take you through Clearing / Adjustment without LNAT, but it's entirely up to their discretion - they don't have to.
x__justmyluck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As the previous poster said there is no way to tell whether those unis will be in adjustment for any particular course. They probably won't know until they receive the summer A level results and have decided on any near misses.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It sounds like you havn't applied to other Law courses? If so, remember that your PS will be orientated towards another subject, and its that PS (and reference) which will go to any Unis you approach for Adjustment. So just be aware that that could count against you.

For general info on Adjustment - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...u_need_to_know
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by x__justmyluck)
As the previous poster said there is no way to tell whether those unis will be in adjustment for any particular course. They probably won't know until they receive the summer A level results and have decided on any near misses.
Spot on.

As with Clearing, knowing which Unis recruited students for particular courses in Adjustment for 2013 will not tell you ANYTHING reliable about what will happen this year. It will indeed depend on actual A level results and how many existing Firms fulfill their Offers - totally impossible to predict in advance.
itsnatalie7
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Ahhh okay, thanks for all your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.11%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (712)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (345)
20.01%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.58%

Watched Threads