The Student Room Group

How to delay period?

Hi everyone,

I'm due on my period at about Christmas I think, or towards New Year. Problem is, I'm staying at my boyfriend's for New Year and I reaaalllyyyyyy don't want to be on my period then! But due to my busy work shifts around Christmas I don't think I'll be able to go to the doctors to get anything. What can I do?!

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Northesterone delays periods but at the least you would have to see a nurse to get the prescription. You could see if there is a family planning clinic near you that runs convenient hours for making an appointment around work.
If you can't get to the doctor I don't think there's anything else you can do.
Reply 3
If you don't eat anything over the break and lose lots of weight that might do the trick. Mind you, you mightn't have enough energy for any hanky-panky..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Zarek
If you don't eat anything over the break and lose lots of weight that might do the trick. Mind you, you mightn't have enough energy for any hanky-panky..

This is seriously dangerous advice..
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

I think it was seriously sarcastic advice. Amenorrhea from extreme weight loss isn't something that happens in a week anyway. It is a sign of the body's systems shutting down; they would probably experience hair loss, breast/bum/muscular atrophy, lethargy, skeletal pain, bad skin, tooth loss and the pain of being genuinely starving before the periods stopped. Our bodies are remarkably keen to stay reproductive.
Original post by Quilverine
I think it was seriously sarcastic advice. Amenorrhea from extreme weight loss isn't something that happens in a week anyway. It is a sign of the body's systems shutting down; they would probably experience hair loss, breast/bum/muscular atrophy, lethargy, skeletal pain, bad skin, tooth loss and the pain of being genuinely starving before the periods stopped. Our bodies are remarkably keen to stay reproductive.

Yes well if she's desperate to stop her period, you never know what she might try.
Reply 7
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox

Sorry, I was being a touch flippant. Just seemed a bit bizarre to set us the challenge of delaying a period while precluding a trip to the doctor. For me a towel on the bed might be a pragmatic and reasonable solution.
Reply 8
Original post by daisystones
Hi everyone,

I'm due on my period at about Christmas I think, or towards New Year. Problem is, I'm staying at my boyfriend's for New Year and I reaaalllyyyyyy don't want to be on my period then! But due to my busy work shifts around Christmas I don't think I'll be able to go to the doctors to get anything. What can I do?!

Thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry this might be a bit late for you. Theres noway you could actually delay it without a visit to the doctor but if the issue is you dont want it whilst staying at your boyfriends is because youre planning to have sex, maybe you could look into something like softcups? They have a similar design to the contraceptive cap so unlike with tampons and reusable mensural cups you can wear one whilst having sex.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest