LIghtheaded Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hope someone can help.

Have been feeling generally a bit under the weather for the last 3 or 4 weeks, nothing specific, just not right. Just over a week ago I started to get periods of feeling really light-headed, and getting a weird tingly sensation in my body, especially in my hands. Colleagues have said that when it happens the colour just drains from my face and it looks like I am going to pass out, although that hasn't actually happened. This is happening 3 or 4 times a day now, and seems to be getting worse. Have had a headache pretty much all week too. It doesn't seem to correlate to anything in particular I am doing, like being stood up/sat down/bending over.
I went to the doctor a couple of days into this happening, and was told it was probably a virus but to go back if no better in a week and they would think about doing blood tests etc.

Have booked to go back on Monday as couldn't get an appointment today, just wondered if anyone has any ideas on what could be the cause, and what things I am likely to be tested for so that I can go a little more prepared on Monday.

Thanks
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
As the doctor said, its likely to be a virus, or could be low blood pressure or anaemia (pull your lower eyelid down, if its pale underneath it could be an indicator)

How is your diet?
MattBerry96
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hope someone can help.

Have been feeling generally a bit under the weather for the last 3 or 4 weeks, nothing specific, just not right. Just over a week ago I started to get periods of feeling really light-headed, and getting a weird tingly sensation in my body, especially in my hands. Colleagues have said that when it happens the colour just drains from my face and it looks like I am going to pass out, although that hasn't actually happened. This is happening 3 or 4 times a day now, and seems to be getting worse. Have had a headache pretty much all week too. It doesn't seem to correlate to anything in particular I am doing, like being stood up/sat down/bending over.
I went to the doctor a couple of days into this happening, and was told it was probably a virus but to go back if no better in a week and they would think about doing blood tests etc.

Have booked to go back on Monday as couldn't get an appointment today, just wondered if anyone has any ideas on what could be the cause, and what things I am likely to be tested for so that I can go a little more prepared on Monday.

Thanks
You may be dehydrated. How much are you drinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
DavidYorkshireFTW
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Dizziness is caused by an abnormality in the fluids in ones ear of when not enough blood is able to get to the brain. Headaches can be caused by dehydration, tiredness, hypertension (high blood pressure), virus or something in the brain. I would go back to the doctors like you said. Do you suffer from anxiety?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kabloomybuzz)
As the doctor said, its likely to be a virus, or could be low blood pressure or anaemia (pull your lower eyelid down, if its pale underneath it could be an indicator)

How is your diet?
When I went last week I had blood pressure checked and was told it was fine.
My diet is pretty good I think.

I guess I will see tomorrow when I go back.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by MattBerry96)
You may be dehydrated. How much are you drinking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought that when it first started so have been drinking lots and lots of water, especially when I am having a bad period of feeling light headed, so I don't think I can be dehydrated.
Anonymous #1
Went back to the doctor today, had lots of things checked such as blood pressure, looked in eyes, tested reflexes. She has sent me for blood tests, and also told me to go to the optometrist as she wants my eyes checked properly for pressure and for any swelling behind the eye.

She said that it could be a number of things - weird migraines, anaemia, b12 deficiency etc.

Any ideas what it could be if eye related as she didn't really explain, other than she wanted various tests and is sending me a letter to give to them?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (153)
59.3%
No I haven't decided yet (60)
23.26%
Yes but I might change my mind (45)
17.44%

Watched Threads