The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
BexTait
Well I read in, I think the Kaiser Chiefs post match report, that Foster was due to go to Watford once back from SA, so that would imply that he should be there now. I'd imagine that if he hadn't gone, we might have heard by now perhaps?

Following on from a debate I was having on a United forum, does anybod think that the SA trip was a waste? Some guy was complaining that the likes of Saha, Silvestre, Rooney and Nev should've gone as there weren't enough first team players.

it wasnt a waste. I mean it was good to see ben foster and the likes of ole coming back and scoring a brace. It was a decent tour but not great. The likes of saha and nev need a rest for gods sake. Im sure they will play on wed. Im pretty sure by the end of this week we will be very close to carrick or hargreaves.
Reply 2061
BexTait
I'm looking forward to the Preston game on Saturday, as it'll probably be a string team fielded, as those returning from their break from the WC will no doubt play a part to get their pre-season off to a start, likewise the Celtic game we'll probably field another strong team.

ye im hoping to see a strong side for both those games. It will be interesting to see the midfield lineup.
Reply 2062
Valencia have made an official enquiry to Manchester United about the price of controversial winger Cristiano Ronaldo, according to reports in Spain.

The talented 21-year-old attracted interest for his performances at the World Cup this summer, earning as much attention for his gamesmanship as his skills.

He received some criticism as a result, but United have continued to stick by their precocious prodigy amidst speculation he could swap The Premiership for La Liga.

The Estadio Mestalla's director of sport Amedeo Carboni has refused to give up on signing the player this summer, and has now asked the Old Trafford outfit for an official valuation.

He is yet to receive an answer, but it is thought the price would be somewhere in the region of €24 million (£16.4 million).

Ronaldo meanwhile returned to pre-season training on Monday with his fellow World Cup stars Wayne Rooney, and transfer-bound Ruud van Nistelrooy.

Sir Alex Ferguson seems willing to let his Dutch marksman leave, but not until a satisfactory fee is agreed.

Real Madrid or Bayern Munich look favourites to land the prolific goalscorer, and United will want to conclude the situation as soon as possible, with Celtic making up the next pre-season opposition on Wednesday.
Reply 2063
ronaldo aint going anywhere. valencia can go and stick it where the sun dont shine
Reply 2064
Mr power
it wasnt a waste. I mean it was good to see ben foster and the likes of ole coming back and scoring a brace. It was a decent tour but not great. The likes of saha and nev need a rest for gods sake. Im sure they will play on wed. Im pretty sure by the end of this week we will be very close to carrick or hargreaves.

That's what I kept trying to tell the guy, he just didn't want to listen. Perhaps he thought the WC was some form of Holiday camp, I mean it wasn't like they weren't doing anything, what with matches and training. Heck, he'd probably have been one of the first to start complaining if the players had suffered from burn out if they hadn't had the break.

He also seemed to think Vidic should've gone as he didn't play much in the WC :rolleyes:
Reply 2065
hahaha, thats a funny story, vidic probs wont make the start of the season. l wonder if ruud will play agasint celtic.
Reply 2066
very quiet this soc today
BexTait
That's what I kept trying to tell the guy, he just didn't want to listen. Perhaps he thought the WC was some form of Holiday camp, I mean it wasn't like they weren't doing anything, what with matches and training. Heck, he'd probably have been one of the first to start complaining if the players had suffered from burn out if they hadn't had the break.

He also seemed to think Vidic should've gone as he didn't play much in the WC :rolleyes:
but isn't vidic injured?
Reply 2068
yer darth i think thats the point bex tait was trying to make with the smiley mate lol
Reply 2069
hey was wondering if someone cud tell me what man u's starting XI will be next season roughly with what you have now... discounting ruud perhaps..
Reply 2070
van de sar
neville rio brwon gaby
ronny scholes carrick park/giggs

rooney saha
Reply 2071
Mr power
yer darth i think thats the point bex tait was trying to make with the smiley mate lol

It was indeed. He's still out aswell IIRC, be back not long after the start of the season.
Mr power
van de sar
neville rio brwon gaby
ronny scholes carrick park/giggs

rooney saha
and if we don't sign carrick, hopefully a new midfielder :p: can park play in the middle?
Reply 2073
With what we have now:

VDS
G Nev, Rio, Wes, Gabby
Ronaldo, O'Shea, Scholes, Giggs
Rooney, Saha
Mr power
oh :redface: lol, i'm brain dead atm :ninja:
Reply 2075
darth_vader05
and if we don't sign carrick, hopefully a new midfielder :p: can park play in the middle?

Yeah I think so. I don't particularly rate him as a wide midfielder much, he's got too much of a tendancy to drift inside IMHO.
Reply 2076
thats not too shabby but you do need a really world class central midfielder to challenge for title and a decent backup for rooney/saha.. rossi not there yet
perhaps another decent winger as well and youve got a good side
honestly without ruud arsenal and chelsea have much better squads... but i wont say nethin until end of transfer season
Reply 2077
park is maybe too weak for centre. im sure we will sign someone.
Reply 2078
instead of chasing carrick why dont you go after king? much better atm
Reply 2079
king? hes a centre half and spurs value im at 20mil

Latest