Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I suppose Vidic could always play at in the middle

ReputationRep:
    lol vidic hasnt convinced me yet. this week im sure the whole ruud thing will be sorted and a new signing shud be made

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakatak)
    instead of chasing carrick why dont you go after king? much better atm
    i've only ever seen him play in the middle for england and that for only 20mins or so, but as a CB i don't rate him.

ReputationRep:
    hes a good player ledley king not what utd need thought. darth do u tink we will sign ne1 soon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Yeah I think so. I don't particularly rate him as a wide midfielder much, he's got too much of a tendancy to drift inside IMHO.
    I agree, I can't remember him ever crossing it!

When we had Beckham we used to put a lot of crosses into the box and used to have players in the box, but since he's left we don't tend to use that channel as much. Our crosses seem to come from our RB/LB!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr power)
    lol vidic hasnt convinced me yet. this week im sure the whole ruud thing will be sorted and a new signing shud be made
    I personally think he's had some cracking games for us. The OT fans I've had sat around me seem to have taken to him. He was a little shaky at first, but then you can't really expect a new signing to fit in perfectly straight off.

ReputationRep:
    hes a good player ledley king not what utd need thought. darth do u tink we will sign ne1 soon
    i'm not too sure tbh when does the market close? i hope we sign someone or sell rudd by the end of this week at least!

i think vidic will come good. i've always wanted zdnek grygera at united, what do you guys think of him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    I agree, I can't remember him ever crossing it!

When we had Beckham we used to put a lot of crosses into the box and used to have players in the box, but since he's left we don't tend to use that channel as much. Our crosses seem to come from our RB/LB!
    Aye, Nev's crossing has improved a lot since Becks left, still not to the standard of Becks, but then he is an RB. Ronaldo doesn't cross as much as he prefers to run at players, likewise Giggs.

ReputationRep:
    I personally think he's had some cracking games for us. The OT fans I've had sat around me seem to have taken to him. He was a little shaky at first, but then you can't really expect a new signing to fit in perfectly straight off.
    I agree, but now we've got quite a few defenders! How old is he?

ReputationRep:
    Aye, Nev's crossing has improved a lot since Becks left, still not to the standard of Becks, but then he is an RB. Ronaldo doesn't cross as much as he prefers to run at players, likewise Giggs.
    Of the pre season game that I watched, I realised that only Evra and Bardsley crossed. Bradsley can put a decent ball in but you expect the wingers to do it more often than rely on the full backs to overlap!

(Ronaldo prefers to run into players:p: )

ReputationRep:
    Mid 20's I think

Edit: means he's still got a god number of years in him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    Of the pre season game that I watched, I realised that only Evra and Bardsley crossed. Bradsley can put a decent ball in but you expect the wingers to do it more often than rely on the full backs to overlap!

(Ronaldo prefers to run into players:p: )
    But that kind reflects the style of play used nowadays in football, players in general are preferring to run with the ball rather than crossing it.

ReputationRep:
    But that kind reflects the style of play used nowadays in football, players in general are preferring to run with the ball rather than crossing it.
    I know, but you shouldn't completely dismiss other styles, cos they can be useful. Running with the ball and having people committed can be dangerous if the ball is lost, cos then the other team are on the attack. I don't mind running with the ball, but a few good crosses which trouble the oppostions defence wont go amiss?

ReputationRep:
    I think you should try playing Evra on the left wing, in France he was always dodgy defensively but good going forward.

ReputationRep:
    Fernando Torres to give a Press conference Tuesday 25th July
    Fernando Torres will appear before the media on Tuesday 25th July after the morning training session for the Atletico Madrid squad. The session will start at 9.30am and will be the last that the rojiblanco players do before leaving for Germany, where the team will play two friendly games, in the afternoon

ReputationRep:
    Why would we get someone like Carrick?? Wouldn't it be far wiser to get a midfield player like Gattuso or Hargreaves...I understand Carrick has a good midfield 'engine' on him, but surely not quite like the strong engines that are Gattusos and Hargreaves. I'd be pretty disappointed if Fergie spent the potential 13 million acquired from Nists sale, all to be spent on carrick...arguably a good 7 million of it, his price tag has been hiked 100% all because he had one good season at spurs....too much if you ask me.

Hargreaves and gattuso, now that would be sweet :cool:

ReputationRep:
    rareful a fruitful end product to ronaldo's play unfortunately, give me a ronaldo long dribble, getting past few defenders and a neville-esque cross at the end of it, any day....he somehow needs to slow his portuguese ass down, get some composure and start putting in crosses...

How is Scholes? He has returned to the first team? he played on the recent tour non? and ole? i am abroad so keeping up with things is a little more difficult than usual...

ReputationRep:
    er scholes is back hes not sharp yet. ole scored twice.

ReputationRep:
    i know about ole, err, torres has a press conference??? is there strong evidence that points to us signing him, and how much would it be for?? what's the speculation?

as for the football kit, it looks fecking dreadful with that new sponsor on the front, tis a shocker.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, he needs more games i reckon

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.