Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Geremi and Kezman agreed on. Parker played well under Ranieri, Mutu isn't that great and deserved to be sacked. Tiago came good in the later stages of the season but went to Lyon for footballing reasons. Veron is just rubbish in England and Smertin was never Chelsea standards.
    and what about;

Del Horno
    Jiri Jarosik

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    and what about;

Del Horno
    Jiri Jarosik
    Jarosik I felt was a decent player and saw some clips of him when on loan to Birmingham. some of his strikes - :eek: .

Del Horno was always a player who was overrated and played far too many games than he deserved. Out he went, good.

can i ask you a question dude?

ReputationRep:
    can i ask you a question dude?
    You already have. :p:

ah never mind lol...good night pal

ReputationRep:
    ah never mind lol...good night pal
    You can ask me. Night.

You can ask me. Night.
    tomorrow dude......peace out

ReputationRep:
    lol, that reminded me of harry potter

ReputationRep:
    tomorrow dude......peace out
    Okay then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    lol, that reminded me of harry potter
    Wouldn't know personally. Doesn't really appeal to me but if you click on my societies you see I like LOTR.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't know personally. Doesn't really appeal to me but if you click on my societies you see I like LOTR.
    lol, it was in the first harry potter book at the ending! I'm a fan of both (do you remember Tom Bombadill?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    do you remember Tom Bombadill?
    Who doesn't? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    morning lads

so i was right then

Spain striker Fernando Torres has ruled out moving away from Atletico Madrid this summer.

The 22-year-old, who made such an impression at the World Cup this summer, has been repeatedly linked with a move to Manchester United.

With Ruud van Nistelrooy seemingly on his way from Old Trafford, Torres has been widely cited as his potential replacement.

United were reported to be preparing a £25 million-plus offer for his services, but the Spaniard has now insisted he will not be leaving Atletico.

"I am here for the pre-season just like last year and have no intention to leave," he told a news conference on Tuesday. "I want to stay here.

"We need to forget about last season's disappointments.

"We have a new coach (Javier Aguirre) in whom I have confidence and he does in me.

"We have signed some great new players and I am really looking forward to working with them next season."

Torres has been Atletico's top-scorer in each of the last four seasons and is under contract at the Vicente Calderon until 2008.

ReputationRep:
    #2(Laika), *ahem*.

hey dude....

ReputationRep:
    You wanted to ask a question. :p:

yeh i did.....do you think what Chelsea are doing buying players and ruining there careers for a while good for football...give me your honest opinion please.....my names Rafael by the way

Quinton Fortune is poised to complete his move to Bolton Wanderers on Wednesday, according to his agent.

The 29-year-old midfielder has been training with the club after being released by Manchester United.

Fortune's career at Old Trafford was dogged by various problems and he spent long days in the treatment room.

"He is looking forward to wearing Bolton's colours and getting some regular games under his belt," said Fortune's agent Francis Martin.

The details of the deal are expected to be completed after Bolton's behind-closed-doors friendly with Rangers on Tuesday.

"Everything has been agreed in principle," added Martin.

The former Atletico Madrid player can operate either in central midfield or on the left-hand side and also played at left-back during his time at United.

Fortune joined United in 1999 for £1.5m from Atletico Madrid.

The South African has been troubled by a long-standing knee injury.

He made 76 appearances before being released at the end of the season.

In June, he rejected a move to Celtic because they would only offer him a one-year contract.

ReputationRep:
    yeh i did.....do you think what Chelsea are doing buying players and ruining there careers for a while good for football...give me your honest opinion please.....my names Rafael by the way
    Depends if you take the stance on whether they are ruining football to start with. The players now more or less the situation at Chelsea and it is up to the players to put in a transfer request if they are not playing enough. Simply buying the best footballers around is not destroying football unless you want to admit that all big clubs do that, including your own.

If a player isn't good enough he shouldn't play but some players seem to be an exception because they're English. :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.