Report 12 years ago
yer 7.45 ko
non-centrally acting
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Yeah darth, I don't get Channel 5 in my room, so I'm going to have to go downstairs and watch it there lol.
I'll probably have to watch it with no sound! :hmpf:
martynwilliams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
I don't think we need a Defoe type striker. He can't gurantee 20+goals a season!

What about Henry?
I still think we'll get Torres, and Carrick.....I just know it....
Mr power
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
martin williams a few weeks ago you said you had some good sources. now that torres has said he will stay what you make of these sources?
martynwilliams
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mr power)
martin williams a few weeks ago you said you had some good sources. now that torres has said he will stay what you make of these sources?
When the Van Nistelrooy transfer is completed, there is a good possibility we will make an official bid to Athletico Madrid for Torres. AM have already said they havent received any formal bids for him from anyone.

Here are some comments by Torres:

"If I wanted to leave I could have done it because there were offers* (could be that other teams have made enquiries, but he isnt interested in moving to them). Manchester United and Inter Milan are big clubs. But I’m happy here at the moment." If that’s the case, why did AM deny receiving any offers?

"I'm not waiting for a team to buy me and I don't intend to listen to offers. A lot is being said but in the final analysis I will still be here for another year," added Torres, who scored three goals at the World Cup. I am an Atletico Madrid player and will remain so as long as both the club and I are happy."

Now, if Athletico receive a substantial offer from us for him, then things will change, and they'd consider such an offer (I hope anyway). There are a lot's of "if's" and "but's" in all of this, especially considering we'd probably only make an offer once RVN has gone anyway, but I dont think we've seen the last of this story....
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by martynwilliams)
I still think we'll get Torres, and Carrick.....I just know it....
eating your own words on your 'Torres will definitely leave' predictions

I struggle to see Torres coming to us, or for that matter, to another european club. Maybe the club are holding out for a bigger fee, then he'll jet off, even if such circumstances did materialize, rather odd that a huge u turn like this would happen...
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by darth_vader05)
but will it be the big names? i doubt it
look at what porto did 3 seasons ago when they won the champs league...didn't they have 'big names' then :rolleyes:
martynwilliams
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
eating your own words on your 'Torres will definitely leave' predictions

I struggle to see Torres coming to us, or for that matter, to another european club. Maybe the club are holding out for a bigger fee, then he'll jet off, even if such circumstances did materialize, rather odd that a huge u turn like this would happen...
They’ve just spent a fortune of some other striker, I cant remember his name, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all to be honest if such a "U" turn did take place. I think the key for us is the Ruud transfer.

AM finished 10th I think last season in La Liga. Do you seriously think a player of Torres’ calibre would turn down the chance of playing in the Champions League?
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
How is that an improved bid? They were said to have offered £12M before... anyway... sell sell sell.
i'd settle for between 12.5-13 million. I'd take that if i was ferguson...

and i wouldn't go in for torres, crazy price...torres is no wayne rooney, that's for sure, if he was, then 30 million sure....

Maybe going in for err, the german fella, who scores loads with his head at the world cups . We most likely need someone with height, and then we have rooney on the floor etc...a nice combination.
martynwilliams
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe going in for err, the german fella, who scores loads with his head at the world cups .
If Real or Bayern want Ruud, then they are going to have to pay the price we're asking. No point putting bid's in that are under our valuation, because they're wasting both their own and Utd's time.

You mean Miroslav Klose?

Rooney and Torres up front would be one of the best striker combinations in World Football I think....and when you add in Ronaldo....welll.....jesus!
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They’ve just spent a fortune of some other striker, I cant remember his name, so I wouldn’t be surprised at all to be honest if such a "U" turn did take place. I think the key for us is the Ruud transfer.

AM finished 10th I think last season in La Liga. Do you seriously think a player of Torres’ calibre would turn down the chance of playing in the Champions League?
Yeah Sergio Aguero. They have too many strikers at the moment, so one might assume that they were already planning for Torres' exit.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

Podolski....who seems a decent player, but not great like our own rooney

spanish player could whinge about being one of few or no spanish players at the club, a social isolating experience, lack of sun, crappy northern weather...i think he'd probably prefer playing champs league for another club in another country, one closer to the equater...first of all, the boy needs to go down to a decent local salon and sort out his gay hair do It's rather offputting, maybe thats a tactic he has up his sleeve, to distract defenders attentions, thinking "heck his hair looks really.....oh crap he's taken the ball past me....oh damn he's scored " but i doubt this, he probably thinks his hair is cool...

EDIT: Not sure if it is podolski....
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If Real or Bayern want Ruud, then they are going to have to pay the price we're asking. No point putting bid's in that are under our valuation, because they're wasting both their own and Utd's time.

You mean Miroslav Klose?

Rooney and Torres up front would be one of the best striker combinations in World Football I think....and when you add in Ronaldo....welll.....jesus!
Yep, Klose...

and i don't want carrick, rather get Hargreaves, but theres a far greater chance of getting the former rather than the latter (who seems very content with life in Germany)...
martynwilliams
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Yeah Sergio Aguero. They have too many strikers at the moment, so one might assume that they were already planning for Torres' exit.
The press and Ath. Madrid probably want us to think 2+2 = 5 but as far as i'm concerned, 2+2 will = 4 by August 31st!!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The press and Ath. Madrid probably want us to think 2+2 = 5 but as far as i'm concerned, 2+2 will = 4 by August 31st!!
and i always thought 2+2 was 4! :rolleyes:
Cøda
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
Hej everybody! I have been a Man United fan since Schmikes was in the team. Can I join the society? :-D Are there any online web streams where I can watch the match in an hour?
Rafa
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Manchester United will have five players on loan at feeder club Royal Antwerp this season.

The two sides have enjoyed a fruitful relationship in recent seasons, with the Premiership giants regularly sending their young players over to Belgium to gain first-team experience.

For the coming campaign, Dong Fangzhuo, Jonny Evans, Fraizer Campbell, Danny Simpson and Darron Gibson are due to play for Antwerp.

China international Fangzhuo has spent the past few seasons with Antwerp as he is currently unable to play in England.

Though he featured on United's pre-season tour of South Africa, Fangzhuo can not play a competitive game for the club until he either qualifies for a work permit or European passport.

Left back Simpson spent the second half of last term with Antwerp, while Evans, Campbell and Gibson will be undertaking their first loan spells away from Old Trafford.

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson recently confirmed his intention to dispatch several younger members of his squad on loan and has now decided the quintet will benefit from a stint with Antwerp.

Meanwhile, teenage midfielder Gibson has played down suggestions from Ferguson that he could represent Northern Ireland in the future.

Ferguson has tipped Gibson and Evans to become cornerstones of the Northern Ireland side, but he will pledge his international allegiance to the Republic.

Gibson said: "I have no intention of changing back to play with Northern Ireland.

"It's my dream to play for the Republic and nothing has changed as far as that is concerned.

"I think this whole thing has come about because Sir Alex made a mistake just because he knows I'm from Derry."
Rafa
(Original post by Cøda)
Hej everybody! I have been a Man United fan since Schmikes was in the team. Can I join the society? :-D Are there any online web streams where I can watch the match in an hour?
sure you can...apply and i'll add you ...enjoy your stay!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
sure you can...apply and i'll add you ...enjoy your stay!
as a kid i had craze about wanting a goalkeeper kit, but i was rather skinny and never got a size than could fit me. Always gutted when dad got back from work some days and he hadnt managed to get me a size....blimey, the years have flown....used to love being a goalkeeper at primary school, had a pair of lucky gloves and was pissed off with my mum when she binned them because they were full of holes

Giggsy in his prime and in his younger years, i think inter at one point had put in an offer of 15 million at one point and i was praying to the lord almighty that he wouldnt leave us....
Rafa
as a kid i had craze about wanting a goalkeeper kit, but i was rather skinny and never got a size than could fit me. Always gutted when dad got back from work some days and he hadnt managed to get me a size....blimey, the years have flown....used to love being a goalkeeper at primary school, had a pair of lucky gloves and was pissed off with my mum when she binned them because they were full of holes

Giggsy in his prime and in his younger years, i think inter at one point had put in an offer of 15 million at one point and i was praying to the lord almighty that he wouldnt leave us....
yeh i remember that....
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (207)
18.48%
No (681)
60.8%
Not really bothered about them (232)
20.71%

Watched Threads