Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Celtic were beat 4-0 by DC united remember.. and only beat everton by 1 goal.

ReputationRep:
    The transfer gossip from today's papers:

• Tottenham will offer Michael Carrick to Manchester United in a swap deal for Ruud van Nistelrooy - but want an extra £10m as well as the Dutchman. (Sun)
    • United are set to make a £16m bid for Corinthians' Argentina World Cup star Javier Mascherano. (Daily Mirror)

With regards to the Michael Carrick thing, Spurs are trying to take us for a ride there. Ruud is valued at about £13 million and Carrick the same, so why the hell would we give them another £10 million on top? :eek:

Mascherano does look like he would be a good buy. He only turned 22 in June, and can play as both a defensive midfielder (his much stronger position) and as a right-sided midfielder.

However, I'm still holding out for a swap deal involving Owen Hargreaves, but his name hasn't even been mentioned in the papers for the last week, so that's looking less and less likely by the day!

ReputationRep:
    alright ollie.
    firstly, my warnings were due to me apparently not listening to the mods. I started a thread regarding daliymrs exposure and they closed it and warned me.

2. javier m would be terffici. he would sort all the midfield problems out no doubt.
    3. utd were brilliant last night. foster looks teriffic and lee martin. felt sorry for rossi though.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney ready for action
    Wayne Rooney is set to pester his way into Sir Alex Ferguson's pre-season plans ahead of schedule.

The 20-year-old striker, who hasn't been in competitive action since being sent off in England's World Cup defeat to Portugal, is back in training and is itching to play a part in United's remaining friendlies.

The Reds continue their pre-season with games against Preston (July 29) and Macclesfield (July 31) and Sir Alex is set to pitch Rooney into action in the latter game.

"Rooney is gasping for a game," said Sir Alex. "He is pestering the bloody life out of me. So I'll probably play him against Macclesfield. Edwin van der Sar is looking for a game - we'll look at the situation.

"[Against Preston] Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and John O'Shea will be back. I may give one of the main players half an hour and the ones who are looking ahead of the rest, the likes of Rio Ferdinand, something like that but I'll have a good look."

---------------------------

Hope we get some world cup players facing Preston, I want good value for my £14

ReputationRep:
    i still don't know the reason why keane left, its been a while but noone in my country seems to know, and i just hope that cristiano ronaldo comes to some english club by some miracle, so that rooney can break his nose in the premiership, for that reason whoever Real play this year(premiership team) in the champions league i hope someone hurts that f****r real bad, and breaks that sick pretty boy face of his. yes he does deserve an oscar for best acting in a negative role on the field, and i jus hope someone would shuv that award up his arse. oh yes by the way my name hello to everyone im new to this forum.

ReputationRep:
    harsthodi i find what you've written very difficult to read. Keane left as he was told to by fergie. ronaldo is staying and rooney has no problem with him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harshtodi)
    i still don't know the reason why keane left, its been a while but noone in my country seems to know, and i just hope that cristiano ronaldo comes to some english club by some miracle, so that rooney can break his nose in the premiership, for that reason whoever Real play this year(premiership team) in the champions league i hope someone hurts that f****r real bad, and breaks that sick pretty boy face of his. yes he does deserve an oscar for best acting in a negative role on the field, and i jus hope someone would shuv that award up his arse. oh yes by the way my name hello to everyone im new to this forum.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hey ronaldo, what you make of the game last night

ReputationRep:
    ditto

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr power)
    hey ronaldo, what you make of the game last night
    I thought we were far better than a strong Celtic side. Scholes looked like he would get on the scoresheet from the first couple of minutes. I thought the young players played well and showed why they are at the club. The more senior players played well and you could see them giving instructions and that will help the younger ones to improve. It was a great performance and hopefully we'll see another one on Saturday against Preston.

ReputationRep:
    hey fellow reds, im a united supporter.

Just wondering how can I put a the club emblem next to my rep thingie like many have on here!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Also, a Spanish radio station says that Real Madrid have agreed a £15m fee for RVN

ReputationRep:
    hey! i went down to old trafford yesterday it is so brilliant first time had been up there for almost 2 yrs. the quadrants look brilliant and the kit dont look too bad either. i quite like it actually. beat celtic with the utd kids team! lol things looking good in the transfermarket too i expect some action soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOUNDBWOY)

Just wondering how can I put a the club emblem next to my rep thingie like many have on here!!!!
    hey welcome to this soc.

to get the club emblem there, go to your user cp> click on edit profile > scroll down to additional info and you'll find the flag option there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SOUNDBWOY)

Welcome to the thread :p:

ReputationRep:
    soundbwoy go to socs and send an invite and i will accpet you in. enjoy your stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
    hey! i went down to old trafford yesterday it is so brilliant first time had been up there for almost 2 yrs. the quadrants look brilliant and the kit dont look too bad either. i quite like it actually. beat celtic with the utd kids team! lol things looking good in the transfermarket too i expect some action soon.
    OT's awesome. They got on with the new quads fairly quickly, it was rather interesting seeing how progress had been made from one game to the next. Hopefully it'll help improve the atmosphere slightly, although the attitude of some United 'fans' needs changing in order for that to happen.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the views from the quads are disturbing.
    From one seat, you couldnt even see the right hand side of the pitch due to a terrance overhang.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, that's right up at the back of the quads towards the North stand. Bad design IMHO, as they should've thought about NT3 getting in the way.

If it's the same pics as I've seen, then they were taken before all the seating was put in place, so I dunno if they've decided not to go that high up with it or not. I should imagine if they have (which really doesn't surprise me if they have), then there will be a number of angry people, as the quads are pretty much all ST holders.

ReputationRep:
    Guys,

MICHAEL CARRICK will sign for us tomorrow, £14m + extras...

This is from a good source...

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.