The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

xyz2k6
I think Mr Ferguson should do the honourable thing and spend his new-found money on Cisse rather then Carrick.

He is a quality player, with lots of pace.

Cis has just signed a one year deal with Marseille, so that's impossible anyway.
Reply 2481
nice idea with the quiz darth, i would love to join if its not too late
Reply 2482
olliemccowan
Cis has just signed a one year deal with Marseille, so that's impossible anyway.

cisse is poor.:p:
Reply 2483
Liking the idea of the quiz, I'm just not gonna have the time to answer them until at least this evening as I'm setting off for the Preston game soon.

Slightly sad to see Ruud leave, he's served us so well, but IMHO it's been fairly inevitable for a while. His performances have shown that his heart wasn't really in it any more, and although you can't dispute that his goals haven't been important, we looked much better with Saha up front towards the end of the season.
Reply 2484
yer you're right bex. have a good trip and we will talk when u get back. bye!
Reply 2485
According to AS and MARCA,utd have all but signed senna for 10 million euros,I am livid by this,why are we buying a 30yr old midfielder,we should have bought mascherano,fergie you chosed the wrong option again

thats what ive just heard from a utd fan, i have no idea how true that is!
Reply 2486
According to that Guillem Ballack or whatever the ***** he's called, we've signed him.

this is from another utd fan so the news is rife, im waiting for it to break, if anyone finds a link plz post it here. thanks.
Reply 2487
Senna Back on United Radar

Reports in the Spanish media are claiming Manchester United are closing on a deal for Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna.

The Spain international has been linked with a move to Old Trafford for much of the summer, but it appeared a deal had been ruled out when The Red Devils stepped in for Michael Carrick.

Tottenham Hotspur star Carrick is expected to complete his move to United early next week and his arrival will go some way to beefing up a midfield which has looked stretched in the last six months.

The former West Ham United man has looked comfortable in the holding role for England, but is not in the same ilk as United legend Roy Keane.

Senna, though, has won many fans for the way he has bossed the engine room for Villarreal and he could slot into the enforcer role in The Premiership.

The 30-year-old said recently that he was flattered to be linked with a move to Old Trafford, but favoured inking a new deal at Villarreal.

However, it is being suggested that Sir Alex Ferguson has firmed up his interest and could land another midfielder before the Premiership season gets underway.

here you go, this will be a superb signing for me. ok hes 30 but remeber makele was signed at 30 and hes not turned out badly.
Excellent :biggrin:

He may be old, but he'll bring much needed experience to the midfield and he's quality and pretty cheap, £6M from what i've read.

_________Van de Saar

Neville___Brown___Ferdinand___Heinze

____________Senna
____Scholes_________Carrick

_Rooney______________Ronaldo

__________?????/Rossi

I'm liking the look of that =)
Reply 2489
yer same do you think weve definetly signed him
Reply 2491
its growing in stature this story. he would be a terrfic signing.
Reply 2492
mc_watson87

how do you think we will play next season now were all but signed marcus:biggrin: .

i would say this

senna

ronaldo carrick scholes saha?

rooney?
Reply 2493
i hope nothing has shappened like carrick has had a u turn and wants to stay at spurs because i dont get how we will line up.
Mr power
how do you think we will play next season now were all but signed marcus:biggrin: .

i would say this

senna

ronaldo carrick scholes saha?

rooney?

Looks like this might happen...

If it does, expect a bid for a striker...I still say we're after Torres!
We'll never play Rooney as a lone striker. Or I hope not. I still think this. =)

_________Van de Saar

Neville___Brown___Ferdinand___Heinze

____________Senna
____Scholes_________Carrick

_Rooney______________Ronaldo

_______?????/Rossi/Saha
Reply 2496
thats a good formation mcwatson. i hope senna signs soon...
Reply 2497
Senna in truth is old.....i mean hes 30....shouldnt we be going for someone whos more younger?
#2(Laika)
Senna in truth is old.....i mean hes 30....shouldnt we be going for someone whos more younger?

Ideally yes, but it would be a short term solution and maybe he cant afford someone younger and better like Mascherano or he might be saving the remainder of his funds for a striker, we just dont know :smile:

Anyways, im heading off to the match soon, lets hope we put in a good performance and get a win :smile:
Reply 2499
#2(Laika)

hey rafa, na im not concerned about the age factor. i mean chelsea signed makele at that age and look at how amazing he is. senna will be vital for us especially in europe. he will give scholes, carrick , rooney etc much more freedom.

Latest