The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Mr power)
alreet rafa, senna what u make of it
i personaly dont think we should get him...hes hitting 31 soon...i dont know really...hes also unproven in the Premiership too....
Mr power
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
i personaly dont think we should get him...hes hitting 31 soon...i dont know really...hes also unproven in the Premiership too....
na he will be good till we get another mid. ive heard mascherano will be at chelsea next year.
Rafa
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Lol yeah not too bad thanks. Bit surprised about the Senna rumours, but that's all they are at the moment, so we'll wait and see
yeh same...i hope we dont get him to be honest....id rather see Hargreaves come in....would be class
LH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I rate Senna quite highly but he's 30. Villareal have already got a 24 year-old replacement so would be happy to sell. If they sell a 30 year-old for £8-10 million that would be an amazing piece of business on their part.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
ive heard its 4 LH.
Rafa
(Original post by LH)
I rate Senna quite highly but he's 30. Villareal have already got a 24 year-old replacement so would be happy to sell. If they sell a 30 year-old for £8-10 million that would be an amazing piece of business on their part.
could you tell us more about him...i mean ive only seen him play a couple of times and the only thing i liked about him was his passing....
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
na he will be good till we get another mid. ive heard mascherano will be at chelsea next year.
Mascherano would need his head testing if he moved to Chelsea, he would be lucky to see a game. Makelele, Ballack, Robben, Lampard, Wright-Philips, Cole.... the list goes on, and thats even before mentioning Mascherano.
Rafa
Mascherano would need his head testing if he moved to Chelsea, he would be lucky to see a game. Makelele, Ballack, Robben, Lampard, Wright-Philips, Cole.... the list goes on, and thats even before mentioning Mascherano.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
get off her back dude....chill out
ok as you wish rafa.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
robben, wp, cole dont play def mid plus makele will be finished soon.
Rafa
Rooney set for Silkmen date

Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed Wayne Rooney will be among a trio of World Cup stars on show at Macclesfield on Monday.

The England striker has been pestering Ferguson for a game since returning to training with the Red Devils last Monday.

And his manager will finally give in to Rooney's request at Moss Rose, ensuring the cash-strapped League Two outfit a bumper pay day from what should now be a capacity crowd.

Rooney will be joined by Rio Ferdinand and Edwin van der Sar at Macclesfield as United's pre-season preparations step up a notch following Saturday's 2-1 defeat at Preston.

"Those three will definitely play at Macclesfield on Monday," said Fergie.

Monday is set to be the biggest day in the club's summer so far, with Cristiano Ronaldo, Louis Saha and Mikael Silvestre due back in training, while Michael Carrick will undergo his medical prior to completing his big-money move from Tottenham.

"Michael arrives tomorrow night," said the Old Trafford boss. "He will have his medical on Monday and then, hopefully, we will be able to conclude the deal."

Carrick's United debut will probably come in next weekend's Amsterdam tournament, by which time many of Ferguson's latest starting line-up will have been consigned either to reserve-team duty or various loan deals at home and abroad.

With Liam Miller and Kieran Richardson the only internationals in the visitors' starting line-up, the Premiership giants were always going to be up against it facing a North End side who tackle Sheffield Wednesday in their Championship opener next weekend.

It was a former Red Devils starlet who did the damage too, with Danny Pugh opening the scoring from an acute angle after three minutes.

Pugh then squared to Simon Whaley for Preston's second before Ole Gunnar Solskjaer celebrated the 10th anniversary of his arrival at Old Trafford from Molde fired home a late consolation from the spot.

Although he declared himself satisfied with the outcome, it was a bitter-sweet victory for the Lilywhites with manager Paul Simpson admitting key central defender Youl Mawene may have suffered medial knee-ligament damage in an innocuous challenge midway through the second half.

"We think it is medial ligament damage and if that is the case, it would be a massive blow," said Simpson.

"His knee was very unstable, which is why he was stretchered off but we will have to assess him over the next 48 hours before we will know for certain.

"Hopefully, the injury will not be as bad as it first appears but even so, I don't expect Youl to be available for the Sheffield Wednesday game next week."
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not sure about Senna, we'll have to see what happends :s:
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
robben, wp, cole dont play def mid plus makele will be finished soon.
True, but he wouldn't sign for them on the logic that he could play in a couple of years when Makelele retires.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
should be good to see rooney play.
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
True, but he wouldn't sign for them on the logic that he could play in a couple of years when Makelele retires.
yer makelele is likely to retire this year though.
Rafa
i think Chelsea will have a real problems this year keeping there players happy...
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
yer i think with senna and carrick and scholes back we will defo go very close to winning the prem.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i think Chelsea will have a real problems this year keeping there players happy...
With a doubt. It's not so bad in their defence because they haven't got that many world class players back there, but in midfield and up front it's going to be very interesting to see how Mourinho's rotation policy fares.
Rafa
With a doubt. It's not so bad in their defence because they haven't got that many world class players back there, but in midfield and up front it's going to be very interesting to see how Mourinho's rotation policy fares.
yep definitely...i can definitely see quite a few Chelsea players doing a Duff and probably leave at the end of the season....
Mr power
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by amywalters)
But, trust me Mr Power, I know enough about Man Utd and I watch the highlights of every premiership match, but i'm just waiting for the matches to start rather than speculating about transfers.
ok fair doos, im going to apologise now for the crap i came with out earlier. feel free to post and join the soc. sorry to ollie too. friends?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (169)
18.51%
No (556)
60.9%
Not really bothered about them (188)
20.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed