Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just a quick question..Is senna the right replacement? Is he in the same mould as keane?
    Also shouldnt you really be looking for a long term solution?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about Senna, so I can't comment on him. But I agree with looking for a long term solution. Stevie G would do nicely :p:

But if he's a DM then he's still got two/three seasons, if not more in him, so if he's a decent player then he'd be a good replacement. Maybe SAF will suprise us!

and thanks btw

ReputationRep:
    Senna is a good player, for £4m I'd say he's an excellent signing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    Exactly, if it's for £4 million as reported then it would be a great capture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpg)
    :ditto: and hopefully some money remaining

ReputationRep:
    yer senna will prove a good signing.

ReputationRep:
    Why can't people just get on nicely in this thread? I thought you were all Man U fans Mr Power has gotten himself into a bit of mischief, but i'm sure once he's back everything will be fine and everybody will be friends :suith:

let's all just get on! :cool:

(Original post by dan)
    Why can't people just get on nicely in this thread? I thought you were all Man U fans Mr Power has gotten himself into a bit of mischief, but i'm sure once he's back everything will be fine and everybody will be friends :suith:

let's all just get on! :cool:
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Was having a conversation with my dad last night and he reckons that Solskjaer will hardly see a game this season, what do you think? I reckon he'll be on the bench for a lot of Premiership games and start Carling Cup and some FA Cup matches. Discuss :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    Was having a conversation with my dad last night and he reckons that Solskjaer will hardly see a game this season, what do you think? I reckon he'll be on the bench for a lot of Premiership games and start Carling Cup and some FA Cup matches. Discuss :p:
    Probably, although he looks pleasingly sharp in friendly's.

The Glazer family believe they have finally been accepted by Manchester United fans.

The takeover of United by the American tycoon Malcolm Glazer last summer caused a storm amongst supporters and pundits alike.

United fans strongly opposed the takeover and threatened to boycott matches and sponsors associated with the club in protest.

However, United non-executive director Bryan Glazer believes that the resentment from the fans has now died down after 12 months at the helm at Old Trafford.

"I think they (United fan) have [accepted us]. I think they've seen that we haven't turned the place upside down,'' Glazer told Tampa sports radio station WDAE.

"There aren't cheerleaders on the sidelines."

Malcolm Glazer is currently recovering from a stroke and Bryan admits his father is making good progress on his recovery.

"He is better every day," added Bryan Glazer.

"He's got his family around him."

After completing a decade of service with Manchester United, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he is raring to go ahead of the new Premiership season.

The Norwegian striker, one of Old Trafford's most popular faces of recent times, begun his United career back in July 1996 and forever etched himself into Red Devils folklore by scoring the dramatic winning goal in the final of the 1999 UEFA Champions League against Bayern Munich.

However, the theme of his past three seasons under Sir Alex Ferguson has been one of despair and frustration thanks to a debilitating string of knee injuries.

Only during pre-season has the 33-year-old begun to feel at home in the shirt again, scoring his first goals for United since a 5-0 win over Panathinaikos in September 2003.

Solskjaer netted in a 2-1 friendly defeat at the hands of Preston North End on Saturday, and the striker is hoping his 11th season at the English giants marks his restoration to the United starting line-up.

"Ten years is a long time to spend at a club like United and it has gone very quickly indeed," said Solskjaer.

"I didn't know until someone told me earlier this week but when you think about it, I was twice the age of a few of my team-mates [against Preston].

"I am still enjoying every day, my knee is fine and I just want to play as much as I can."

Tottenham boss Martin Jol insists he holds no resentment towards Manchester United-bound Michael Carrick.

Carrick is set to seal his move to United early next week after both clubs agreed a fee for the England international on Friday.

Jol was disappointed to lose Carrick, but bears no grudges against the former West Ham man.

"No, not at all," said Jol when he was asked if he felt let down by Carrick's decision to move on.

"Michael Carrick was always a terrific servant to this club and he never moaned even when we told him he had to stay a couple of weeks ago.

"The only thing he said was that he wanted to go to Manchester United for the challenge and Man Utd are a terrific club.

"In the end they had to compensate us and good luck to him.

"Michael is an honest lad and hopefully he will do as well for them as he did for us."

ReputationRep:
    i think ole will start a few games tbh. i mean hes looking sharp again. could well make a few appearnces on the right wing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Tottenham boss Martin Jol insists he holds no resentment towards Manchester United-bound Michael Carrick.

Carrick is set to seal his move to United early next week after both clubs agreed a fee for the England international on Friday.

Jol was disappointed to lose Carrick, but bears no grudges against the former West Ham man.

"No, not at all," said Jol when he was asked if he felt let down by Carrick's decision to move on.

"Michael Carrick was always a terrific servant to this club and he never moaned even when we told him he had to stay a couple of weeks ago.

"The only thing he said was that he wanted to go to Manchester United for the challenge and Man Utd are a terrific club.

"In the end they had to compensate us and good luck to him.

"Michael is an honest lad and hopefully he will do as well for them as he did for us."
    do you think senna and carrick will be signed on the same day

ReputationRep:
    The Glazer family believe they have finally been accepted by Manchester United fans.

The takeover of United by the American tycoon Malcolm Glazer last summer caused a storm amongst supporters and pundits alike.

United fans strongly opposed the takeover and threatened to boycott matches and sponsors associated with the club in protest.

However, United non-executive director Bryan Glazer believes that the resentment from the fans has now died down after 12 months at the helm at Old Trafford.

"I think they (United fan) have [accepted us]. I think they've seen that we haven't turned the place upside down,'' Glazer told Tampa sports radio station WDAE.

Malcolm Glazer is currently recovering from a stroke and Bryan admits his father is making good progress on his recovery.

Well that's a load of b******s, they obviously didn't see anything of the last 15-20 minutes of the Preston game. Perhaps the video highlights were edited to make the banners look like they said 'Love United, Love Glazer' and 'Make Glazer our god'. And also on mute so he couldn't hear the 'We want Glazer out' etc. chants.
    There's still a hell of a lot of resentment towards the guy from the match going fans at least (can't really speak for the rest of them, TBH a lot of them, especially the Asian countries where they see football as a business, can't see the problem).

ReputationRep:

He clearly never saw the game yesterday :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

EDIT: grr I should have looked :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    He clearly never saw the game yesterday :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

EDIT: grr I should have looked :rolleyes:
    Hehe, no problem. Great minds think alike and all that.

Just out of interest, do any of you guys call us manu? I've been involved in a bit of a 'discussion' with another United 'fan' on a United forum. He keeps calling us manu, so I tried educating him by saying it's only really rival fans using it as an insult. The result was him, yet again, calling me an armchair fan (the first time was in response to my comment about the atmosphere at OT).

(Original post by BexTait)
    Hehe, no problem. Great minds think alike and all that.

Just out of interest, do any of you guys call us manu? I've been involved in a bit of a 'discussion' with another United 'fan' on a United forum. He keeps calling us manu, so I tried educating him by saying it's only really rival fans using it as an insult. The result was him, yet again, calling me an armchair fan (the first time was in response to my comment about the atmosphere at OT).
    nope...i normally use United....

ReputationRep:
    You should use the term Manure

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.