Lopez
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
yer poor old mr power got banned. a legend for setting up this is banned
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Ronaldo fears for his family

Cristiano Ronaldo has reportedly warned his family to stay away from England as he prepares to return to training with Manchester United.

A month after becoming Public Enemy Number One for his role in Wayne Rooney's dismissal in England's World Cup quarter-final against Portugal, Ronaldo will report back from pre-season training on Monday.

Extra security has been drafted in for his protection, with Old Trafford executives expecting the winking winger to attract a posse of fans unhappy with his antics.

It's not entirely unreasonable to suggest that they will also be used to keep Rooney and Ronaldo apart. Alan Shearer infamously urged Rooney to "stick one on him", while it was reported that the striker had told team-mates that his idea of burying the hatchet would involve the hatchet "in Ronaldo's head."

But it is away from the training ground where Ronaldo faces his most pressing security fears.

According to The Sun, 'he fears his family will not be safe after his house was attacked by vandals and he received death threats. Instead, he has asked his family to remain in Portugal as he returns to face the music with Rooney.'

United, though, are prepared to tough it out with Ronaldo, confident that both the player and club can ride out the furore just as David Beckham did following his World Cup dismissal in 1998.

The winger has made no secret of his wish to join Real Madrid but the Spanish giants are proving uncooperative and are yet to make a bid for his services.
Rafa
(Original post by Lopez)
yer poor old mr power got banned. a legend for setting up this is banned
hes been banned??
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
yer got banned
Rafa
McIlroy: Ruud hard to replace

Sammy McIlroy has warned Manchester United that it will be nigh on impossible to replace Ruud van Nistelrooy.

The striker signed for Spanish giants Real Madrid last week to bring the curtain down on a turbulent final few months at Old Trafford.

United legend McIlroy believes that Sir Alex Ferguson must try to find a direct replacement for van Nistelrooy, but doubts whether anybody will prove to be quite as prolific in front of goal.

"Obviously something's happened behind the scenes which we don't know," McIlroy told Sky Sports News.

"When you look at his scoring record he's going to be very, very hard to replace.

"Whoever does come in, and I'm sure somebody will come in, will find it very difficult to cover for van Nistelrooy."

Ferguson is set to strengthen his midfield with the capture of Michael Carrick from Tottenham, and McIlroy feels the England international has all the qualities to succeed in Manchester.

"I think he's a good player Carrick, and I think he'll be a great addition to the squad," he praised.

"He's an England international, he likes to pass the ball, and he's the right age as well. He's really a true United player.

"All he's got to do is to add goals to his game and I think we've got a great player there."
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lopez)
yer got banned
Do you know what he got banned for?

Tell us what you know about Mr Power?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I dont know why he got banned. He always seemed to be getting lots of warning so im not totally surprised.
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dan)

??
martynwilliams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
18.6 Million sounds like a complete rip off to me, I hope i'll be proved wrong but at that price it surely means our other transfer prospects are decreased slightly having already spent so much.

I really hope Carrick will be worth it, and I was slightly cheered up by the stats about tackles and passes.
From what I understand, it wont be £18.6m up front. It will consist of two equal installments of £7.5m, with the rest depending on club and international appearances, our success in the major competitions, etc.
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
that would be great. what about senna and torres?
martynwilliams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lopez)
that would be great. what about senna and torres?
Villarreal's president has denied that Utd have contacted them regarding Senna (look on the BBC Sport Website), Torres is on a plane at the moment flying to China with A. Madrid....
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dan)

Am i the only person who thinks lopez=mr power?
Ziggy Stardust
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
Am i the only person who thinks lopez=mr power?
I doubt you're the only one.
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
so senna thing is false, bad news.
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dan)
I doubt you're the only one.
hes my brother
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Announcement for those wishing to know:

Mr Power is temp banned as a result of accumulating warning points.

End of discussion.
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
close the thread down, seems from reading previous posts theres a lot of problems/arguments.
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lopez)
close the thread down, seems from reading previous posts theres a lot of problems/arguments.
:rolleyes: Is your 'brother' happy your closing down his soc.
Lil' Miss Smiley
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lopez)
Thread is staying and being watched closely.
Lopez
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
:rolleyes: Is your 'brother' happy your closing down his soc.
wat with the marks round brother calderstones? got a problem with my brother or u dying for this thread to be closed as its a lot better than lfc one.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (3)
50%
No - I got the required grades (2)
33.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed