The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by amywalters)
Ummm.. well.. according to oliver (where the hell is he by the way!? lol).. its at Summer when they discuss who is going to be transferred and bought by each team, right? So.. who is?.. Carrick i think Ollie said, but I dont like him I like Hargreaves though
yep weve signed Carrick...bought him from Tottenham not a bad player...we dont know really know yet if we'll buy more players....check on here from time to time i normaly post new news
amywalters
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Im doing a rubbish job of making me sound good here, aren't I? lol
Rafa
Im doing a rubbish job of making me sound good here, aren't I? lol
your doing alright :yy:
amywalters
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
your doing alright :yy:
Lol, thanks Rafa :rolleyes:
Rafa
Lol, thanks Rafa :rolleyes:
lol..trust me...you could be worse...there are far more worse people who come on here and dont have a clue what theyre on about lol
amywalters
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
lol..trust me...you could be worse...there are far more worse people who come on here and dont have a clue what theyre on about lol
Lol - I can imagine, I just like coming on here to get rid of all the evil people like Mr Power Muahahahaha, you should employ me to do that, you know :p:
Rafa
Lol - I can imagine, I just like coming on here to get rid of all the evil people like Mr Power Muahahahaha, you should employ me to do that, you know :p:
LOL i'll consider it
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ummm.. well.. according to oliver (where the hell is he by the way!? lol).. its at Summer when they discuss who is going to be transferred and bought by each team, right? So.. who is?.. Carrick i think Ollie said, but I dont like him I like Hargreaves though
There is also a January transfer window, which, surprise surprise, is in January. Tends not to be as much activity, especially with higher profile players then. Means that there will be some talking about which players are going to arrive/leave in January soon (the slightly mad ones IMHO), before this transfer window has even closed. :rolleyes:
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Rafa I've just asked the mods to remove Mr power as a leader of the society seeing as he's now banned, which would make us joint leaders - well you leader really seeing as I'm going away for so long lol.
Rafa
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Rafa I've just asked the mods to remove Mr power as a leader of the society seeing as he's now banned, which would make us joint leaders - well you leader really seeing as I'm going away for so long lol.
cool...i dont think Mr power will be happy though....
amywalters
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll just go into your account and pretend im you Ollie.. Then I have power tooo :P Nur I'm gonna know more than you do about ManU by the time you come home in the distant future among the midst of robots and aliens.
Ziggy Stardust
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dan is it possible for you to do something about it? :confused:
I'll sort it :cool:
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'll just go into your account and pretend im you Ollie.. Then I have power tooo :P Nur I'm gonna know more than you do about ManU by the time you come home in the distant future among the midst of robots and aliens.
Just don't go calling us 'manu', it's only really used by rival fans that are insulting United (often with -re on the end), or to wind up United fans.
amywalters
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
Just don't go calling us 'manu', it's only really used by rival fans that are insulting United (often with -re on the end), or to wind up United fans.
Righteo, Sowwie
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So we're hearing two bits of speculation today, Vieira might be coming to United and Chelsea are now apparently at the front of the queue to sign Torres. Opinions?

I think Vieira would be a very short-term investment, considering his age, although everyone knows he has the quality to do the job. But with regards to Chelsea wanting to sign Torres, what planet are they on? I've got no idea how they're going to keep Drogba, Kalou and Shevchenko all happy considering they only play with 1 up front most of the time, and this is before signing another one. Do you think they'd just sign him to annoy United?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Vieira is going to Inter
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kpg)
Vieira is going to Inter
It's not guaranteed yet, Inter have said he's "nearly ours".
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'd suspect that if Chelsea sign Torres, it's purely because they have the money to be able to do it. Can hardly see it doing his career any good TBH, he'd not be playing regularly enough IMHO to help him develop.

As for Viera, yes he is a good player, but he is getting on a bit and so would only be a short term thing. Also we've just got Carrick, and TBH, would the United fans really want him here?
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's not guaranteed yet, Inter have said he's "nearly ours".
Pretty much nailed on though, looks like he's signing tommorow
Mithun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
I'd suspect that if Chelsea sign Torres, it's purely because they have the money to be able to do it. Can hardly see it doing his career any good TBH, he'd not be playing regularly enough IMHO to help him develop.

As for Viera, yes he is a good player, but he is getting on a bit and so would only be a short term thing. Also we've just got Carrick, and TBH, would the United fans really want him here?
Vieira would have done a good job alongside Carrick but he is on his way to Inter and can you really see Gary and Vieira celebrating together, that will be a picture moment.

I don't think Torres would join Chelsea but with so much money around you never know what can happen.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (52)
26.94%
No (141)
73.06%

Watched Threads