Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hey darth, do the man u players like giving marsbars?

ReputationRep:
    you'll have to ask them :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Team line up against Porto:

Van der Sar, Bardsley, O'Shea, Brown, Evra, Park, Scholes, Carrick, Giggs, Rooney, Solskjaer

ReputationRep:
    1-0 Paul Scholes

ReputationRep:
    2-0 Rooney, a quality goal

ReputationRep:
    Rooney sent off. He jumped for a header and his hand hit the opponent in the face :rolleyes: Rooney's eyes were on the ball throughout :rolleyes: The referee clearly wants all of the headlines, a Porto player has just done exactly the same without a booking or anything.

ReputationRep:
    man u squad not very strong this season.. i like park and scholes but theyre not all that... solksjaer may not be as gd as he was... how good exactly are bardsley and evra? giggs is a bit old too...this could be youre worst season for a while

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakatak)
    man u squad not very strong this season.. i like park and scholes but theyre not all that... solksjaer may not be as gd as he was... how good exactly are bardsley and evra? giggs is a bit old too...this could be youre worst season for a while
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olliemccowan)
    So it looks like Ronaldo's first match will be the friendly against Seville, our last game before the season starts. Hope he's at full fitness by the Fulham game.
    Nope, there are a number of games coming up in this country for a United XI, which basically means a lot of the little uns, plus the odd bigger name, which is how Ronaldo will get his match fitness. Not 100% sure on how many games, and against who, but one is Oxford IIRC.

Perhaps the thinking is to let the lad get his match fitness back without the hassle of bigger games where he's perhaps gonna get more stick? I dunno.

Season ticket came today too

ReputationRep:
    Helloooo How is everybody?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amywalters)
    Helloooo How is everybody?
    Not here by the looks of it :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Not here by the looks of it :p:
    Lol well least we can talk. Driving me mad just sitting around, need to talk to somebody before i explode! Just don't know much about football, which maybe the slight problem. lol.

ReputationRep:
    Should be watching the United match :p:

ReputationRep:
    5 seconds after getting the captains armband from Giggs, Paul Scholes has been given a straight red card for a tackle from behind. He already had a booking but got a straight red anyway Down to 9 :s:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    that referee is awful

ReputationRep:
    i cant watch it did scholsey deserve it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darth_vader05)
    i cant watch it did scholsey deserve it?
    It was at least a yellow and as he had already been booked he was off, but the referee is having a shocker.

Better news is that Solskjaer scored from a tight angle to make it 3-0 with 9 men LOL

ReputationRep:
    I'm unable to watch it too. Are the Portuguese by any chance playing the way they always do?

ReputationRep:
    3-1 now, Porto scored a rocket from 30 yards, Foster didn't stand a chance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    I'm unable to watch it too. Are the Portuguese by any chance playing the way they always do?
    Yes, one that got Rooney sent off for appearing to be shot when Rooneys hand touched his face when he jumped :rolleyes:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.