Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
MAN UTD V FULHAM

Old Trafford
Sunday, 20 August
Kick-off:1330 BST

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wayne Rooney has shaken off a groin problem and will lead the Manchester United line alongside Louis Saha.

Defensive duo Nemanja Vidic and Gabriel Heinze are out with knee injuries while £18.6m summer capture Michael Carrick is still nursing his ankle injury.

Fulham midfield duo Claus Jensen and Simon Elliott are both carrying calf injuries and will miss the trip north.

Dane Jensen is nearing a return to first-team action, but New Zealander Elliott is two weeks off a comeback.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manchester United (from):Van der Sar, Kuszczak, Neville, O'Shea, Brown, Ferdinand, Silvestre, Ronaldo, Park Ji-Sung, Scholes, Giggs, Saha, Rooney, Rossi, Evans, Evra, Richardson, Fletcher.

Fulham (from):Niemi, Crossley, Drobny, Queudrue, Rosenior, Volz, Knight, Bocanegra, Pearce, Christanval, Zakuani, Brown, Boa Morte, Diop, Bullard, Timlin, Pembridge, Elrich, Helguson, McBride, John, Radzinski, Runstrom.
Rafa
ROONEY GUTTED AT UNJUST BAN

Wayne Rooney has admitted he is gutted by the Football Association's decision to upheld the red card he received in a pre-season friendly.

The Manchester United striker, along with team-mate Paul Scholes, saw red in the game against Porto in Amsterdam earlier in the month and as a consequence, the pair were handed three-match bans.

Both players elected to appeal their respective bans - reportedly confident that they would be overturned - but The FA's independent disciplinary commission have instead decided to support the decision made by the match referee Ruud Bossen.

Rooney was sent-off for a trailing arm that appeared to strike Porto's Pepe, but the influential 20-year-old insists that there was no malice in the challenge, continuing to confirm his utmost disappointment at the verdict.

"I'm gutted with that decision,'' he told The Sun.

"I'm extremely disappointed to miss any games over that. It was the wrong decision to send me off.

"I never want to miss a game and certainly not for a harsh decision like that.

"You only have to look at the video to see I only had eyes for the ball."

While Rooney will be able to take part in United's opener against Fulham, he will be forced to sit out their next three games.

Rooney is of the opinion that this decision is indicative of a desire to drive combative styles of play out of the game.

''Unfortunately, football is getting more and more where you cannot touch an opponent," he added.

"You see red cards now that would not even be fouls in years gone by.

"It's disappointing the way it has gone, but you have to get on with it.

''The way I play football will not change. I'm determined. I want to win every ball and every challenge I go into."
morgo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do you think we will get hargreaves
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
Do you think we will get hargreaves
Well i hope so....Bayern are being a little annoying at the moment....but at the end of the day money talks...so im hoping they can work out a fee so we can bring in Hargreaves
DontBuyTheSun
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A manchester united supporter from Liverpool? hmmmmmm...
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by calderstonesLFC)
A manchester united supporter from Liverpool? hmmmmmm...
yer used to live in salford but moved to liverpool cos of dad
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
Well i hope so....Bayern are being a little annoying at the moment....but at the end of the day money talks...so im hoping they can work out a fee so we can bring in Hargreaves
we do need him
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
yer used to live in salford but moved to liverpool cos of dad
ever walk out with your United shirt on the street? lol

(Original post by morgo)
we do need him
yep definitely....im really excited at the prospect of having Hargreaves in our team...he would definitely bring in more energy!
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
ever walk out with your United shirt on the street? lol

yep definitely....im really excited at the prospect of having Hargreaves in our team...he would definitely bring in more energy!

haha yer i did once and was nearly beaten up. I think hargreaves will be a good addition but im not sure whether we will get him. we need another mid for sure.
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
haha yer i did once and was nearly beaten up. I think hargreaves will be a good addition but im not sure whether we will get him. we need another mid for sure.
well im sure if we dont get Hargreaves Fergie has someone else in mind...and its definitely not Senna
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hmm yer, got many plans for the weekend?
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
hmm yer, got many plans for the weekend?
gonna go watch Miami Vice tonight....what about you?
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ah think it will be a weekend of footy
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
ah think it will be a weekend of footy
good good...have fun!
Rafa
Predictions Made By Users Have Been Written On The First Page (1st Post), Thank You!
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Can anyone pm me the code for the Fantasy League please? thx
Rafa
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
it was on the forum somewhere but i cant seem to find it....i think its been removed...sorry mate....im sure someone has it on here so just wait for them i suppose....
Rafa
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
here you go mate...found it ...45510-13553....
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
cheers
Ghetto_Princess12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
man united r getting Ronaldinho and Henry we gonna be the best team in the world we gonna beat chelsea 5000-0
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (146)
27.6%
No (383)
72.4%

Watched Threads