haha i thought it was rubbish too but hey worth a go
Reply 3482
morgo
haha i thought it was rubbish too but hey worth a go

lol yeh :smile:
*is confused* :s: :p: lol

i got 38 points for the fantasy footy thing :hmmm: :ninja:
Reply 3484
muhaha i will be ahead of you, check out my team (tsr superstar)
Reply 3485
Great performance from the lads today, showed that we are more than capable of scoring without Ruud (just have to wait and see how we manage with Rooney's ridiculous suspension and Scholes out for the next 3 games). Saha and Rooney looked dangerous up front, I though Rooney had his hattrick, but unfortunately not (didn't realise it was an own goal), and I also thought O'Shea looked comfortable in the middle. All in all a good day (even if i didn't quite get the prediction right, I got the number of goals and United's scorers).

Shocking tackle on Giggs tho, can the FA review it or not (I've a feeling they can't, as the ref has punished it once already)?
Reply 3486
Really pleased to see such a great start to the season, just what was required. It'll be interesting to see how we get on without Rooney and Scholes through their stupid suspension, I really hope Rooney goes through with his threat of pulling out of all FA and England related activities.

Bring it on you cheating london twunts! :biggrin:
That’s one of the best performances I’ve seen for a long time. When we had Ruud, we would play everything to him, using him as, sometimes, the sole target man. Now that we play with Rooney and Saha up front, the whole system looks far more “joined up”.

Now that the goals will need to come from more than one player, I think we’ll score more goals. I think the team became far too complacent, because they believed Ruud would definitely get the goals, so the others concentrated on getting the ball to him, rather than trying to score themselves.

Things look good!!
My train broke down on the way to the match today, ended up getting in my seat with 10 mins of the first half left and that was after running over a mile from the tram station to the ground. I had missed the first 4 United goals. My seat was in line with the penalty spot in the south stand, I would have had perfect view of the first 4 goals if it wasn't for the fiasco of a journey :frown:
Reply 3489
sorry to hear about that man. ah well better luck next time
Reply 3490
Damn man thats too bad!
Michael Brown = dick head

It'd be nice to see rossi play for the senior team, what are we going to do whilst rooney is away?? Play Smith up front??
To make things worse, Sky was messing about and it wouldn't let us Sky+ the game on Prem+ and we have the season ticket so we wanted to watch it when we got back from the match. As it wasn't letting us record it, we rang sky and they showed us how to record it manually and it seemed to be working (this is the tale from my mum at home :p:) After getting back from the match we wanted to see the 4 goals that we had missed, but when we came to watch it the recording was bringing up all sorts of errors so we couldn't even watch that. I just rang up Sky and explained the tale, asking if there are any repeat viewings of the game and the only one is on MUTV tonight so Sky have given us 1 month free and apologised for the situation :biggrin: Now if only the train people would compensate us with costing us half the match :biggrin:
awww ronaldo, you've had a bad day eh....

but, let's look on the bright side of life........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm
white_haired_wizard
awww ronaldo, you've had a bad day eh....

but, let's look on the bright side of life........

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 3495
Ronaldo VII
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:ditto:
Lets hope it finishes like that:biggrin:
Reply 3497
FERGIE: BAYERN ARE STUBBORN

Sir Alex Ferguson is still hoping Manchester United can wear down Bayern Munich's resistance to selling Owen Hargreaves.

The England international has emerged as The Red Devils' leading midfield target before the close of the transfer window.

Bayern are determined to resist the overtures of the Premiership club, despite Hargreaves acknowledging a desire to move to Old Trafford.

Ferguson understands the German champions' stance, but hopes to persuade Bayern to part with the 25-year-old.

"There is nothing I can tell you," Ferguson told PremPlus after United had started the new season with a thumping 5-1 win over Fulham.

"We are trying hard, but they are very stubborn and resistant are Bayern Munich. I can understand that and we can only do our best.

"I think we want to build a strong squad of players and there are key elements to that and that is certainly the case with Owen."

If United fail to complete a deal for Hargreaves, Ferguson is optimistic his squad has the depth to cope with the challenges which lie ahead this season.

He added: "We have a terrific squad. You saw the centre of midfield today was excellent.

"Michael Carrick is coming back, hopefully, next week and it gives us more ammunition.

"I'm very satisfied with the squad as a whole. We have 20-odd players and that is hopefully enough."

Wayne Rooney scored twice in the romp over Fulham and Ferguson was left to lament the fact that the striker will miss the next three games through suspension.

"It was a great start to the season, but unfortunately we don't have him for the next three matches," continued Ferguson.

"We have to cope with that and we will do. It's disappointing, but that's why we've got a squad of players.

"We have got to handle these situations the best we can and we will do that."

Louis Saha, an Ian Pearce own goal and Cristiano Ronaldo also helped The Red Devils to an easy victory which pleased Ferguson.

He concluded: "I think it's probably our best start to a season, scoring five goals. I was very pleased with the performance and the work rate was good. You can't be any more pleased than that.

"The making and taking of goals was excellent throughout the match and we played with great confidence and belief."
Reply 3498
ROONEY STILL DEVASTED

Wayne Rooney remains devastated that he will sit out Manchester United's next three Premiership matches.

The striker is to serve a three-match suspension following his sending off in the pre-season Amsterdam Tournament against Porto.

Rooney feels he was harshly treated and appears to be locked in a row with The Football Association over the decision to reject his appeal.

He started the new campaign in typically explosive fashion with a brace in United's 5-1 romp at home to Fulham.

The 20-year-old will now miss games against Charlton, Watford and Tottenham, along with Paul Scholes, and is still upset at the suspension.

"Me and Paul Scholes are devastated with the ban, especially after the start today," Rooney told PremPlus.

"To sit out the next three games is a big disappointment for both of us, but we have to get on with it."

The thrashing of Fulham marked the first competitive outing together for Rooney and Cristiano Ronaldo since England's World Cup meeting with Portugal.

Rooney laid on a goal for his United team-mate and again dismissed suggestions of any simmering bad blood between the duo.

He added: "I think it's proved all over the summer that people have been saying things who don't know the pair of us.

"Let the football do the talking. Cristiano was brilliant, he scored a great goal."
Reply 3499
i think if we fail with hargreaves, we should move back in for senna and just pay whatever for him. we need another centre mid.

Latest