The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by erk)
man utd are looking strong. lovely football to watch, looking ****ing quick too. more like watching a foreign side with flare, watching ronaldo, giggs and park supporting saha was quality.
yeh we are looking really good at the moment, playing some pacey football!
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
Not sure....why?
Just a few similarities
Shady05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have a feeling Chelsea could strugle to retain their dominant form as last season due to Mourinho's constant chopping and changing. Alot of his top players are not guranteed first team football every week so this may cause unrest at the club and lead to poor performances out on the field.

With Man Utd's team however, we have a strong group of players who will give 100% every game!

Looking forward to the Champions league draw tomorrow. I THINK we may come up against Galatasary!!

I got Veron and Beckham on some of my utd tops lol and they both ended up leaving!!! Was gonna get Ronaldo during the summer but didnt want to see him leaving also lol Gonna go with Smith!!
Rafa
(Original post by Shady05)
I have a feeling Chelsea could strugle to retain their dominant form as last season due to Mourinho's constant chopping and changing. Alot of his top players are not guranteed first team football every week so this may cause unrest at the club and lead to poor performances out on the field.

With Man Utd's team however, we have a strong group of players who will give 100% every game!

Looking forward to the Champions league draw tomorrow. I THINK we may come up against Galatasary!!

I got Veron and Beckham on some of my utd tops lol and they both ended up leaving!!! Was gonna get Ronaldo during the summer but didnt want to see him leaving also lol Gonna go with Smith!!
Very true, teams also seem to be having a go at them now..which is a good thing..our team looks way more organised...
Rafa
FERGIE HAILS NEW MATURITY

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson saluted Cristiano Ronaldo and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, the heroes of their 3-0 win at Charlton in the absence of suspended Wayne Rooney and Paul Scholes.

Ronaldo defied the Charlton boo-boys to turn on a dazzling display, hitting the crossbar just before half time.

And substitute Solskjaer, 32, scored his first Premiership goal since April 2003 after three injury-wrecked years in which he had reconstructive knee surgery.

The Norwegian's tap-in came at the end of the game at The Valley and sealed another runaway win by United who cemented their early leadership of the Barclays Premiership - as champions Chelsea crashed 2-1 at Middlesbrough.

Fergie said: "The advantage is that Chelsea have lost but after just two games you cannot talk about (winning) the league yet. But of course we have the will to do it, we have the players to do it and without question we have the spirit in the camp to do it.

"It was a great performance at Charlton, nobody can deny that. I was a bit concerned about the game when a few players missed out through injuries and suspension.

"But we have a lot of maturity there now with players like Ronaldo, (Darren) Fletcher and Park Ji-Sung growing up.

"Ronaldo looked more mature - and was fantastic tonight. It is always a tough game at The Valley and we had to wear them down. We were frustrated when we hit the post and the crossbar but then got a goal out of nothing.

"And it was a great night for the fans and the staff when Solskjaer scored. He has had a tough few years but we never lost faith and he got his rewards."

New Charlton boss Iain Dowie saw his team suffer their second defeat of the campaign and admitted: "They (United) played well tonight. They are a match for anybody in the country like that but the manner of the goals we conceded was disappointing.

"Fletcher took advantage of Jon Fortune's slip and we were always chasing the game. We changed our shape in midfield but didn't work hard enough at passing the ball.

"And at key moments we switched off defensively. They have key players who can hurt you when you did that. I was at their 5-1 win over Fulham on Sunday and knew we would face problems. They zip the ball about and rotate very well."

Dowie revealed new £3million signing from Spurs Andy Reid was not fit enough to join the squad and that Gonzalo Sorondo is out long-term "with a fracture".
mc_watson87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Just a few similarities
:teeth:
morgo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what times the draw
Rafa
5:00pm i think....
Rafa
BAYERN'S HARGREAVES BLAST

The split between Bayern Munich and Manchester United target Owen Hargreaves shows no sign of being reconciled after claims of a stinging rebuke from chief executive Uli Hoeness.

Hargreaves has reportedly been fined £18,000 by the Allianz Arena outfit for comments regarding a potential move to the Premiership giants

The England international has now taken time out from training, with a major question mark hanging over the player's future.

And hopes that Bayern may be able to reconcile his future in order to remain at the club looked in doubt after Hoeness's public criticism at the club's training ground.

"I am incredibly disappointed in you," Hoeness is quoted in the German media.

"You are prostituting yourself for Manchester United."

Bayern are adamant the player will see out the remaining four years of his contract with the club, and have even threatened to report United to Fifa if they do not call a halt to their pursuit.
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
gd stuff, are we avoiding the big sides
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
do you think its the end of owen h now?
Rafa
UNITED TAKE SOLACE FROM HARGREAVES ALIENATION AT BAYERN

OWEN HARGREAVES, the England midfield player, is more determined than ever to secure a £17 million transfer to Manchester United after being severely criticised by the Bayern Munich management in front of his team-mates.

Hargreaves chose not to make a statement on his future yesterday afternoon, but he is struggling to contain his anger with Uli Hoeness, the Bayern general manager, who has fined him €25,000 (about £16,800) and accused him of “prostituting” himself to United by outlining his desire to move to the Barclays Premiership club.

United, who were led to believe a week ago that an agreement over a £17 million fee was imminent, have been concerned by Bayern’s intransigence and unwillingness to negotiate since Friday, but there is a growing confidence at Old Trafford that the German club’s defiance is succeeding only in alienating Hargreaves.

Bayern have threatened to report United to Fifa, football’s world governing body, over an alleged illegal approach to Hargreaves — relating to a phone call that the 25-year-old received from Sir Alex Ferguson while on holiday in Canada after the World Cup finals — but United remain upbeat about completing the deal before the transfer window closes on August 31.

Hargreaves had planned to discuss his predicament with the German media yesterday, but after discussions with his agent, Roman Grill, elected not to do so. He may issue a statement today, though, in which he would antagonise Hoeness further by reiterating his desire to join United.
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is that from the sun^^
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
gd stuff, are we avoiding the big sides
We'll be entering as one of the top seeds so i should think we avoid other top seederes too....
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
is that from the sun^^
nah mate i dont read The Sun :p:...its from The Times.
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah thats good, theyre usually reliable. I hope that signals we can get him. i mean hes got to be angry at being called a prostitute
Rafa
(Original post by morgo)
do you think its the end of owen h now?
i think theres a chance we could still sign him....
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I seriously think UTD should make a spaghetti western film.

Ronaldo & Park could be gun-slingers, Rooney a barman, + a few WAGs for decoration . . .there could be a "Wanted" poster for Hargreaves or Beckham.

Rossi could be a guitar-pluckin gringo, Fergie the sherriff, Neville & Fletcher could be a farmer & his son getting attached by the bad guys . . .but who's gonna lead bad guys ? Beckham ?
morgo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what you on mate
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
morgo - think about it, it would be great, they team would enjoy it as they are already mates, the only thing is finding time to do it.

Wouldn't you like to see the finished product ?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (40)
28.17%
No - I got the required grades (84)
59.15%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (18)
12.68%

Watched Threads