The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

who do you think we will get? just off the top of your head.
Reply 4021
SOUNDBWOY

Well if we're gonna sign someone i think its gonna be Hargreaves....and thats about it....:smile:
SOUNDBWOY

Well I think that Tevez will go to Chelsea who will just loan him out somewhere, and that we'll probably sign nobody. Signing Hargreaves would be a pleasant surprise to me, as it would to whoever said that a few posts ago :smile:
Reply 4023
olliemccowan
Well I think that Tevez will go to Chelsea who will just loan him out somewhere, and that we'll probably sign nobody. Signing Hargreaves would be a pleasant surprise to me, as it would to whoever said that a few posts ago :smile:

morgo would go crazy if we signed Hargreaves...hes obsessed with Hargreaves lol :smile::p:
#2(Laika)
morgo would go crazy if we signed Hargreaves...hes obsessed with Hargreaves lol :smile::p:

Well I do think he's perfect United material, he has a phenomenal engine inside him and loves to tackle. SAF would love him because he's definitely not a publicity hungry player and would work his fingers to the bone for the team.
Reply 4025
olliemccowan
Well I do think he's perfect United material, he has a phenomenal engine inside him and loves to tackle. SAF would love him because he's definitely not a publicity hungry player and would work his fingers to the bone for the team.

Id love Hargreaves at United, i wanted him more than carrick to be honest, the kid doesnt stop running..would be class for us...fingers crossed Bayern let him leave!
Reply 4026
Hargreaves will come and i have a funny feeling Tevez wants to come too with Van leaving he would think he could feel his boots. He is so pwer*** so strong i think he would be great. Well better than trezeguet whi we have been linked with. I don't like him one bit, i'd rather have anelka! :p:
Reply 4027
Weird and Wonderful
Hargreaves will come and i have a funny feeling Tevez wants to come too with Van leaving he would think he could feel his boots. He is so pwer*** so strong i think he would be great. Well better than trezeguet whi we have been linked with. I don't like him one bit, i'd rather have anelka! :p:

I dont understand where all this Trezeguet speculation has come from, i hope we dont get him, he'd be useless in the Premiership!
Yeah I don't rate Trezeguet in the slightest, although if he did come to United then I would happily eat my words if he was a success :biggrin:
Reply 4029
olliemccowan
Yeah I don't rate Trezeguet in the slightest, although if he did come to United then I would happily eat my words if he was a success :biggrin:

Lol...yeh same :smile:
Reply 4030
Hargreaves deal is off absolutely gutted. Where are the 2 world class mids we were promised... shocking by gill and ferguson disgusted. I think this trzguet thing has kicked on, it looks as though we will be getting him on loan. I think if we signed him, then smith will revert back to a mid. we cant have 6 strikers and keep them all happy.

really disappointed with our transfers this season.
Reply 4031
'NO CHANCE' OF OWEN UNITED DEAL

Owen Hargreaves' agent claims there is 'no chance' of the Bayern Munich midfielder joining Manchester United before the close of the transfer window.

The Red Devils have been desperately trying to bring the England international to Old Trafford over the past few weeks.

Reports have claimed the Premiership club are willing to splash out £17 million on Hargreaves, having already spent big on bringing Michael Carrick to the club.

Hargreaves has also expressed a desire to join United, but Bayern have been insistent that the Canadian-born player will not be sold.

Bayern's capture of Mark van Bommel from Barcelona refuelled rumours that a deal for Hargreaves could be completed before Thursday's transfer deadline.

But the player's agent Roman Grill concedes it is now highly unlikely that the 25-year-old will be heading to The Premiership this week.

"There is no chance of the deal taking place," Grill told the Daily Star.

"We have to accept there is no way they will allow this transfer to happen.

"We did everything we could to grant Owen his wish to play for United, but his only hope is that, if United remain interested, the deal could happen in the January transfer window or next summer."

Meanwhile, David Trezeguet's Italian agent Ernesto Bronzetti claims the Juventus striker has the option to join The Red Devils.

Reports have suggested the France international's father met United officials at the weekend, although Juve are determined to keep hold of Trezeguet.

Bronzetti said: "I believe there is an option with United."
Reply 4032
yer i think david trezguet could be a utd player before long
Reply 4033
morgo
yer i think david trezguet could be a utd player before long

I hope not!
Reply 4034
im not a big fan of his but hes got experince. it could mean that we can play him and saha upfront and have rooney in the hole. Also if we get him, i have no doubt smith will be back to centre mid.
Reply 4035
morgo
im not a big fan of his but hes got experince. it could mean that we can play him and saha upfront and have rooney in the hole. Also if we get him, i have no doubt smith will be back to centre mid.

It is an option and he can do a good job for us there but i doubt he'll be playig in midfield....
Reply 4036
he will be if we sign a striker. i really do think we need a ball winner though, carrick isnt quite that type.
Reply 4037
morgo
he will be if we sign a striker. i really do think we need a ball winner though, carrick isnt quite that type.

:ditto:....we've still got a couple of days...we'll see if we sign anyone...
Away win on the 25th November then. :biggrin:
Reply 4039
NDGAARONDI
Away win on the 25th November then. :biggrin:

You've obviously got the wrong script mate :p:

Latest