The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
martynwilliams
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mancred)
i read on another forum that the presenter claimed to be excited about tomorrow afternoon, now unless he has a hot dates or his missus is cooking his favourite, im guesing he is talking about transfers, thats all i can say lads, i dont know who said it, i dont know in what context i just know it was said, lets hope theres some truth in that.
Yes, Paul Anthony, who presented Talk of the Devils on MUTV tonight said ""I think there'll be a nice surprise, early evening-ish, but I'm not saying too much".."

We wait and see....
Daveo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well its the last chance so lets hope so.
mancred
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
the transfer situation is a bit depressing, but when you look at the fact that we will son have smithy, rooney, scholes, gabby and neville back it does give united fans something to smile about, giggsy, scholes, fletcher and carrick, thats a great midfield, as long as carrick settles in and fletcher is consistent i cant see that midfield losing against many sides. Then put rooney behind and in form saha and you have a team that can win trophies. Yes we could do with a stronger squad and yes we are going to have to rely on luck with regards to injuries, but out first team line up is looking good. With neville rb, gabby coming in at lb (although evra has impressed even though clumbsy at times), with rio and then either silvestre, john or vidic i think we have a very strong side, stronger than both arsenal and liverpool, whether its stronger than chelsea time will only tell. Like many united fans im annoyed that we have had such a long break, yes players get to recouperate, but at the same time when a team is in form you want games left right and centre. Celtic, tottenham and arsenal, exciting line up for all reds, matchgoers especially, i reckon we will win all three and im not saying that out of bias, i just cant see rooney and scholes putting anything less than top performances when they get back, added to the strong team at the moment, i cant see us losing.
kpg
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
I like the Liverpool approach to signings under Rafael Benitez, that is, to buy the right players to fit and improve the system, in preference to a headline-grabbing crowd-pleasing big name. With Djibril Cisse going out on loan, Liverpool had no one of any pace to boast about, and having to play him on the wing demonstrated another Liverpool problem, lack of width. With this in mind, the signings of Mark Gonzalez, Jermain Pennant and Craig Bellamy seem an ideal fit for Liverpool. Clearly Benitez is confident enough to feel that he can rein in the attitudes of Bellamy and Pennant. And if as I suspect the signing of Lucas Neill will help make Steve Finann available on the right of midfield (where Cisse and Steven Gerrard were deployed previously) then Benitez would in all probability have fully addressed the width problem.
Don't want to drag this up again but Juwel made a good post so I felt compelled to reply. I'd be gobsmacked if we're signing Neill to let Finnan move into right midfield. He may play one or two games there at a push during an injury crisis but that's it. We have Gerrard, Pennant and Garcia there and for me, Finnan is the best right back in the country so will stay there. If we buy Neill it'll only be as a squad position as back up to Finnan at RB or even Carra/Sami at CB considering Paletta is so young (which only leaves Agger). With Kromkamp looking like he's on his way to either PSV or Celtic, looks like his place in the squad will be taken up by dirty lucas neill
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by martynwilliams)
Yes, Paul Anthony, who presented Talk of the Devils on MUTV tonight said ""I think there'll be a nice surprise, early evening-ish, but I'm not saying too much".."

We wait and see....
Probably just a special guest on the show.

Is our Leprechaun benefactor to grace us with his presence?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If we sign either Tevez or Mascherano tomorrow I'll be overjoyed, whereas if we sign both I'll need a sedative to bring me back down
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The United away kit is released tomorrow, but I doubt mine will arrive on time :rolleyes:
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is the away kit available in the high street and in long sleeve?

news just come in is that newcastle have agreed loan deal for ROSSI
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
is the away kit available in the high street and in long sleeve?

news just come in is that newcastle have agreed loan deal for ROSSI
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If we loan out Rossi, it would suggest that a striker is on the way. Fergie said he would only loan out Rossi and Foster is we signed a striker/keeper respectively. Either way, its good as Rossi will get games due to their striker problems

The away kit is available in long sleeves, and should be out in the high street tomorrow. I ordered mine from the United online store because I had a £10 voucher because the delivery of my home shirt was a week late. The status of my away shirt order is still "picking" so Im not expecting it to arrive on time once again :rolleyes:
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well i doubt that they have long sleeves where i live, they havent got it for the united home shirt so i am not bankin on them having them for the away shirt. well wel hav to see if theres a striker coming tomorow then whoever it is it has been quiet regarding their transfer i mean there hasnt been nothing concrete over tevez.

Ronaldo VII did you buy the kit from manutd.com, is it reliable?
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Exactly, SAF did say that Rossi would stay if we didn't sign another striker in the transfer window, which would suggest that a striker is coming. Just hoping that it's not Trezeguet, and it is Tevez.
Daveo
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I bet its trezuget
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I bet its trezuget
I wouldn't be that bothered signing Trezeguet if it was because we were signing Mascherano and we didn't have enough money for Tevez, but if he's the only signing when we still have around £30 million left to spend then I'd be pretty disappointed.
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i knw i mite sound stupid but i never buy online so does the size 37" (small) mean 37" on chest. the link below shows it.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/manutd/...8&brf=muretlmb
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by blazing_bandicoot)
i knw i mite sound stupid but i never buy online so does the size 37" (small) mean 37" on chest. the link below shows it.

http://www.kitbag.com/stores/manutd/...8&brf=muretlmb
The sizes are just standard football shirt sizes, so if your home shirt (if you have one) is a large then get a large. Or if you have any other Nike football shirts then it'll be the same size. If you don't have either then I would definitely advise against getting it from the internet, considering you can just pick it up from any good sports store on the day of release.
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the only problem is i cant pick it up from the stores because they dont stock the full sleeves an i want the full sleeve only. i do have a brazil shirt (this years) but that is a loose fabric kind of thing an i dont know what type the united one is because that does make a difference.

am in a pickle here dont know which size to get? can you return it if you purchase with a squad name?
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
well i doubt that they have long sleeves where i live, they havent got it for the united home shirt so i am not bankin on them having them for the away shirt. well wel hav to see if theres a striker coming tomorow then whoever it is it has been quiet regarding their transfer i mean there hasnt been nothing concrete over tevez.

Ronaldo VII did you buy the kit from manutd.com, is it reliable?
The only thing that lets them down is their delivery. Previous years have been good but my home kit came a week late due to a delayed delivery from Nike, and my away shirt seems to be arriving late as the status is currently "picking" yet it should arrive tomorrow :s:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the only problem is i cant pick it up from the stores because they dont stock the full sleeves an i want the full sleeve only. i do have a brazil shirt (this years) but that is a loose fabric kind of thing an i dont know what type the united one is because that does make a difference.

am in a pickle here dont know which size to get? can you return it if you purchase with a squad name?
I dont think you can return it if you have had it printed. What you can do, however, is to buy a long sleeved shirt of the size you think it right without any printing on, and if it is the right size take it to JJB or somewhere similar on the high street and get it printed there. If it is the wrong size you can still send it back
CR45H
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what a great idea, but ave ordered it now with Ronaldo at the bak. i workd out the size i fink coz i have a nike brazil top an it was medium so it wud b the same for united as olliemccowan said. cheers anyway
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads