Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Completely unrelated but how crap does the Chelsea website look?! They've got billions of pounds to spend but they can't even make their site look half decent.

Go to www.chelseafc.com, skip the intro, and then enter chelseafc.com; and marvel in the sh*teness

(Original post by olliemccowan)
    Completely unrelated but how crap does the Chelsea website look?! They've got billions of pounds to spend but they can't even make their site look half decent.

Go to www.chelseafc.com, skip the intro, and then enter chelseafc.com; and marvel in the sh*teness
    I could have made a better web site lol....the gray doesnt go well with the blue and also the fonts look awful and out of place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    I could have made a better web site lol....the gray doesnt go well with the blue and also the fonts look awful and out of place!
    Definitely, the bit in the middle looks so shoddy. Even League 1 clubs like Gillingham (http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.pr...,10416,00.html) can make a better website than Chelski.

(Original post by olliemccowan)
    Definitely, the bit in the middle looks so shoddy. Even League 1 clubs like Gillingham (http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.pr...,10416,00.html) can make a better website than Chelski.
    I like our website, i think it looks cool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    I like our website, i think it looks cool.
    Yeah I'm very impressed with the new website, think it looks pretty slick. And it's quite easy to navigate around which is always a bonus. My favourite feature is probably the fact that the latest news headlines are shown on that mini-slideshow thing, whereas they were in very small font on the old website.

Edit: Wigan are doing a booming trade, just signed another player: Todorov from Portsmouth on loan.

ReputationRep:
    Bolton sign Ronaldinho, Kaka to Fulham, Fernando Torres to Sheffield United

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Would be interesting! And the bit that wouldn't surprise me is the fact that none of them are coming to United, weeyyyyy!

ReputationRep:
    Rather stupid that Sky Sports News went to ads with 3 minutes to go :s:

ReputationRep:
    Rather stupid that Sky Sports News went to ads with 3 minutes to go :s:
    They'll probably come back from the adverts if there's breaking news.

ReputationRep:
    That's it guys.

"The transfer window has officially closed with no confirmation that Ashley Cole has completed his much-anticipated move from Arsenal to Chelsea. "

Finito!

ReputationRep:
    I fully expected Man U to replace RVN, must have confidence in Saha and Rooney then. I think we can safely say West Ham must be feeling rather smug with themselves right now. I wonder if we'll ever find out the details of the deals which brought the two Argies to the Premiership?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dan)
    I fully expected Man U to replace RVN, must have confidence in Saha and Rooney then. I think we can safely say West Ham must be feeling rather smug with themselves right now. I wonder if we'll ever find out the details of the deals which brought the two Argies to the Premiership?
    Ah of course we won't find out the details. I think one can safely assume that MSI will be making a takeover bid for the Hammers in the not too distant future. Don't even think you'd get odds at the bookies of that happening, it's just blatantly obvious.

Ferguson must have some serious faith in the team, or he's saving his money until the January window. We shall see.

(Original post by dan)
    Ive got a feeling MSI will take over West Ham.

ReputationRep:
    Overly disappointed with the window, perhap a deal for someone, playing in a team somewhere has been done but is under wraps until tomorrow, but of course not likely.

out of interest does anyone know for certain that Man United made a bid for Tevez+mash

(Original post by AYE)
    Overly disappointed with the window, perhap a deal for someone, playing in a team somewhere has been done but is under wraps until tomorrow, but of course not likely.

out of interest does anyone know for certain that Man United made a bid for Tevez+mash
    Nope, nothing official.

ReputationRep:
    Thinking about it, the Tevez/Mascherano transfer could help United. I would be surprised if there is a "sell to chelski" clause, and if there isn't we have a chance. Tevez and Mascherano surely wont want to stay at West Ham, if they have any love of football they will want to be with a top club playing in the top competitions winning the great things to win, not mid table winning nothing. We know at least Tevez likes United, as he wears his United shirt with pride If Tevez and Mascherano are for sale at the end of the season, surely he would choose us over Chelski or Arsenal?

I am 99% sure that we will be after a striker and another central midfielder next summer, at the latest. I think both him and Torres will be on the market and surely Mascherano. It will be an interesting season to say the least, and im looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    Well, seen as we have missd out on signing two of the worlds most prmoising players!! Do you think SAF will make a move in Jan for aybody else, and if so, who?
    Torres?Trezeguet?Zamora?lol

ReputationRep:
    I think he will only buy in January if we have bad injuries in a certain position. Last January we bought 2 defenders as we were pretty desperate. If we dont have an injury crisis in any position, I would be surprised if we signed anyone.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.