The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
username9303
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Daily Mirror says today that United are going to buy Johnny Heitinga from Ajax in the January transfer window. He's a very good defender but I believe he'll be cup tied for Europe, considering Ajax were in the Champions League Qualifying Rounds and are now in the UEFA Cup.

Not too bothered about the Mascherano deal now that Gill has said that Ferguson watched him for several games and decided that we didn't need him. If we can't trust the manager's opinion then what can we trust :p:
Rafa
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
Probably added on another few million to his price tag.
Yeh true...
Berto90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
Daily Mirror says today that United are going to buy Johnny Heitinga from Ajax in the January transfer window. He's a very good defender but I believe he'll be cup tied for Europe, considering Ajax were in the Champions League Qualifying Rounds and are now in the UEFA Cup.

Not too bothered about the Mascherano deal now that Gill has said that Ferguson watched him for several games and decided that we didn't need him. If we can't trust the manager's opinion then what can we trust :p:
Heitinga can also play defensive midfeild though. I'd love it if we signed him :yy:
Rafa

We dont need another defender.....i dont care how good he is...we've got some class youngsters comming through, Bardsley, Evans, Danny Simpson etc....
Berto90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
We dont need another defender.....i dont care how good he is...we've got some class youngsters comming through, Bardsley, Evans, Danny Simpson etc....
He's versatile though! Think, another Phil Neville :love:
Rafa
(Original post by Berto90)
Heitinga can also play defensive midfeild though. I'd love it if we signed him :yy:
Yeh he can but hes not a natural Defensive Midfielder.....
Rafa
(Original post by Berto90)
He's versatile though! Think, another Phil Neville :love:
We've got O'Shea
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
John Heitinga would be cheaper if cup-tied. While I believe we have enough central defenders, I think such a signing would make use of his ability in midfield and as cover in right back. But I think it's a BS rumour.
Rafa
(Original post by Juwel)
John Heitinga would be cheaper if cup-tied. While I believe we have enough central defenders, I think such a signing would make use of his ability in midfield and as cover in right back. But I think it's a BS rumour.
We're practically linked to someone different every week :rolleyes:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well I'm off to the big M now to drop much of my stuff off (I wouldn't be saying that so loud if I studied in Liverpool ), tata for now all.
Rafa
(Original post by Juwel)
Well I'm off to the big M now to drop much of my stuff off (I wouldn't be saying that so loud if I studied in Liverpool ), tata for now all.
Peace!
mancred
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
benefica could be kicked out the champions league, pissed off as ive applied for a ticket and booked my flight, aparantly we get ajax if their kicked out.
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Whats thia stuff about heitinga? He is good but do e really need another defender?
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mancred)
benefica could be kicked out the champions league, pissed off as ive applied for a ticket and booked my flight, aparantly we get ajax if their kicked out.
I don't understand the story behind that, from what I gathered, some club got relegated for fielding an ineligble player so how does that affect Porto and Benfica? :confused:
Rafa
(Original post by mancred)
Whats happening with Benfica?
Rafa
(Original post by Weird and Wonderful)
Whats thia stuff about heitinga? He is good but do e really need another defender?
Nope...
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Like someone said before, he's very versatile and can play as a defensive midfielder if we have problems with injuries. He's a great defender though, I remember writing about him on the United website during Euro 2004 and they were asking which players you recommended.
mc_watson87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Heitinga is ****.
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Like someone said before, he's very versatile and can play as a defensive midfielder if we have problems with injuries. He's a great defender though, I remember writing about him on the United website during Euro 2004 and they were asking which players you recommended.
i don't think utd need him. We dont need someone who is versatile we need a good midfielder. the way heitinga is described reminds me of O'shea.
Rafa
i don't think utd need him. We dont need someone who is versatile we need a good midfielder. the way heitinga is described reminds me of O'shea.
O'Shea's better
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (192)
18.7%
No (622)
60.56%
Not really bothered about them (213)
20.74%

Watched Threads