The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

This has happened before, I remember United going on about a 7 game winning run back in 2002 I think and then up come along Liverpool with Danny Murphy scoring 5 minutes from time to win 1-0 at OT. Things seem to go around in circles.

I predict therefore we'll win all of our games from now until, where we continue to blow our on trumpet thinking we can win the league as usual and play Liverpool on the 22nd of the october and lose to them 1-0 at home was well. Where things fall flat all over again.
Reply 5201
i dont think my heart could quite cope with that lol. I'd go into cardiac arrest!
Predicted position 4th - stfu
Carrick is a good playmaker - should of signed senna instead of bumming hargreaves so much we also need ruuds replacement altho solkjaer is back :biggrin: -legend. fergie really needs chuck fletcher out hes the worst player ever tbh he cant be in the team on football merits i think we will finish 2nd again because lack of activity in boosting squad and chelsea financial stanglehold doesnt seem to ever loosen.
Lack of creativity today, bigtime. Balls were just lumped forward, flicked on etc Passing was generally rubbish. You'll never win anything with players like Darren Fletcher making the first team. The team as a whole did look tired though.
Reply 5204
I dont think John O Shea should be used as a midfielder. Maybe in defence if we are stretched. Evra played really well today and i think could do a good job on the left wing while giggs and park are out injured. I dont know why SAF plays fletcher....maybe because hes Scottish :tongue: lol
I don't think Ronaldo ran past enought people in that match, he either slowly went with is, or came into the pitch when he should have gone around the outside, and his corners were poor!
Reply 5206
Not really the best of days.

The team just wasn't right today. Playing the 4 in the middle against Arsenal's 5 didn't work, we were far too easily out numbered, leaving Scholes to run around the middle working his socks off to get nowhere.
O'Shea played nothing like the way he has been doing, and is capable of, it's no wonder people don't rate him when he plays like that. Ronaldo did get forwards on occasions, but more often than not, nothing came of it, and he kept hold of the ball longer than he should have on a number of occasions, so it wasn't a surprise when he lost it for their goal. Rooney hasn't looked right yet this season, there were some flashes in the earlier games, but the enforced break from the suspension really seems to have affected him, he's just not with it.

Once again Fletch comes out for the big games and plays well, he was getting forward, making blocks, and getting back to defend (albeit not the most effective). I would rather have had Evra starting, either ahead of Silvestre or Fletch/O'Shea, as he's more attack minded and his early form has been brilliant. I also felt that Carrick should have come on for O'Shea, and it may well have happened if Scholesy wasn't so tired.

We had chances to score, we just didn't manage to, that shot of Ole's late in the second half was excellent, and got an equally as good save from Lehman.

Tomas K.... (can't spell it) had a good game, unlucky to give away the penalty, he didn't mean to make the contact, but he still managed to save it (I don't buy the whole 'player slipped' thing, the keeper still has to go the right way and make the save). There were some other great saves from him too which kept us in the game, he was just unlucky with the goal, he probably should have got down earlier/quicker (not seen a replay).

Undecided about the Lehman handling incident. If he was outside the area, as the free kick indicated, then surely it's a red and not a yellow? Plus Poll had several further talkings with him in that half, warning him. How many more do you need before being booked again?

Atmosphere was once again good, but then it was a big game, which tends to get people making noise.
He so dived
Nah, it's not a red for handling outside, unless it possibly stops a goalscoring opportunity, which this certainly didn't. *Marginally* wasn't a free kick anyway...
And Lehmann didn't do anything to deserve another yellow. There was the one time when he held O'Shea's shirt after the whistle had blown (in the goalie's favour), so he could have a word. But that was nothing. Not like he pushed him away, or bounced a ball at his head, as he has done in the past. There was another incident when he felt he had been trod on and his usual antics were going on, like limping around getting the refs attention etc. But again, nothing more.
that limping around should have been another yellow, for poor acting :hmmm:
darth_vader05
that limping around should have been another yellow, for poor acting :hmmm:

lmao
bigdave0245
I don't think Ronaldo ran past enought people in that match, he either slowly went with is, or came into the pitch when he should have gone around the outside, and his corners were poor!

I thought his corners were good, at one time there were 3 in a row that bounced about 8 yards out in the center of goal and nobody was attacking them :frown:

At least we have 6 days until Reading and no champs league game this week, gives the team time to reflect and recover to prepare for Reading.
I agree about Ronaldo. He's one of the most frightening players to contend against (potentially) in the Premiership, let alone in the Utd team. You almost feel he can do just about anything with the ball to knock it past a defender. But for some reason, he f***s about with it too much and lets teams off far too often.
Ronaldo VII
I thought his corners were good, at one time there were 3 in a row that bounced about 8 yards out in the center of goal and nobody was attacking them :frown:

I just thought that quite a few of them were to close to the keeper and the goal and not enough went wide, where most of the players were
Reply 5214
BexTait
Not really the best of days.

The team just wasn't right today. Playing the 4 in the middle against Arsenal's 5 didn't work, we were far too easily out numbered, leaving Scholes to run around the middle working his socks off to get nowhere.
O'Shea played nothing like the way he has been doing, and is capable of, it's no wonder people don't rate him when he plays like that. Ronaldo did get forwards on occasions, but more often than not, nothing came of it, and he kept hold of the ball longer than he should have on a number of occasions, so it wasn't a surprise when he lost it for their goal. Rooney hasn't looked right yet this season, there were some flashes in the earlier games, but the enforced break from the suspension really seems to have affected him, he's just not with it.

Once again Fletch comes out for the big games and plays well, he was getting forward, making blocks, and getting back to defend (albeit not the most effective). I would rather have had Evra starting, either ahead of Silvestre or Fletch/O'Shea, as he's more attack minded and his early form has been brilliant. I also felt that Carrick should have come on for O'Shea, and it may well have happened if Scholesy wasn't so tired.

We had chances to score, we just didn't manage to, that shot of Ole's late in the second half was excellent, and got an equally as good save from Lehman.

Tomas K.... (can't spell it) had a good game, unlucky to give away the penalty, he didn't mean to make the contact, but he still managed to save it (I don't buy the whole 'player slipped' thing, the keeper still has to go the right way and make the save). There were some other great saves from him too which kept us in the game, he was just unlucky with the goal, he probably should have got down earlier/quicker (not seen a replay).

Undecided about the Lehman handling incident. If he was outside the area, as the free kick indicated, then surely it's a red and not a yellow? Plus Poll had several further talkings with him in that half, warning him. How many more do you need before being booked again?

Atmosphere was once again good, but then it was a big game, which tends to get people making noise.

Nice summary :yy:
Reply 5215
They're now selling the Champions league home shirts on the website with the CL badges and gold lettering (looks very nice in the flesh, and the numbers even have the club crest at the bottom). They have made a rather large mistake as they're selling 'Heinze 3' shirts :rolleyes:
Reply 5216
So what do you lot think of the bit in the Sun claiming that VDS was left out on sunday because of his comments about the defence following the Celtic game, rather than a stomach bug as was earlier reported?

It's the Sun, so I don't want to believe a word of it, but then again he seemed to have recovered from the stomach bug that stopped him training last tuesday to play against Celtic on the wednesday...
BexTait
So what do you lot think of the bit in the Sun claiming that VDS was left out on sunday because of his comments about the defence following the Celtic game, rather than a stomach bug as was earlier reported?

It's the Sun, so I don't want to believe a word of it, but then again he seemed to have recovered from the stomach bug that stopped him training last tuesday to play against Celtic on the wednesday...

I doubt that SAF would risk losing to Arsenal, just to teach VDS a lesson.
spamking
I doubt that SAF would risk losing to Arsenal, just to teach VDS a lesson.

Agreed. And it wasn't Kuzsack's fault that we lost anyway so it doesn't really matter what happened to van der Sar.
But the defence did seem shaky!! meh i promised myself not to post about that match :mad: :frown:

*takes temporary leave of absence :frown: *

Latest