3 Chelsea
::
10 Arsenal
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We'll be back, we better be. SAF should be going mad at them after that match.
Forté
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by spamking)
1 Portsmouth
2 Man Utd
3 Chelsea
10 Arsenal
Jayk
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by spamking)
1 Portsmouth
2 Man Utd
3 Chelsea
10 Arsenal
:rofl: It's a deep burn!!
WaW™
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh well!

Good game, should have finished 0-0 really. Utd gave them too much space to play with....Rosicky is brilliant i think! Fabregas too.

Pompey are top! :eek: not for long though.

I think the title will be decided by the team who keep on grinding out tough results.....Chelsea. But if they keep playing all there central midfielders and no wingers i dont see them winning many more games.

Utd look short in midfield and up front to honest. It is going to be really tough, and Ronaldo needs to play a million times better.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ronaldo was our best player against Arsenal :s: If the rest of the team played like him against Arsenal we would have won. He was the only player causing them problems and creating chances.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was watching it in a bar full of Arsenal supporters. Would have loved to shut them up by scoring last minute.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My XI for Reading:

-------------------VDS----------------------
---Gary-------Rio---------Wes-------Evra---
---Ole-----Scholes-----Carrick------Ronaldo-
------------Rooney------Saha--------------

Subs: Kuszczak, Vidic, Silvestre, Richardson, Smith.
Rafa
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
My XI for Reading:

-------------------VDS----------------------
---Gary-------Rio---------Wes-------Evra---
---Ole-----Scholes-----Carrick------Ronaldo-
------------Rooney------Saha--------------

Subs: Kuszczak, Vidic, Silvestre, Richardson, Smith.
Id settle for that , though i cant wait for Gabby to be back!
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Do we know how far off he is? Im probably underestimating Reading but I hope we can have the game over by the hour mark and get Smith and Vidic some time in the first team
Rafa
Do we know how far off he is? Im probably underestimating Reading but I hope we can have the game over by the hour mark and get Smith and Vidic some time in the first team
Well Gabby just needs Match Fitness
bigdave0245
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If we lose the match, there will be serious issues
Shady05
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by bigdave0245)
If we lose the match, there will be serious issues
Losing is NOT an option:rolleyes:
Rafa
(Original post by Shady05)
Losing is NOT an option:rolleyes:
:ditto:, im sure we'll bounce back and get the 3 points!
Forté
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Big sam is crooked! I should have known! There goes my ideal successor at utd...
Rafa
(Original post by domisakin)
Big sam is crooked! I should have known! There goes my ideal successor at utd...
To be fair i think Big Sam isnt the only one.....football is corrupt..we all knew that....a shame really!
Rafa
ROONEY BELOW USUAL STANDARD

Manchester United ace Wayne Rooney accepts his last two performances have dipped below his usual standard.

Rooney has been a peripheral figure in the past week as United beat Celtic in the UEFA Champions League before losing to Arsenal in The Premiership.

The striker's outing against The Bhoys was his first since the opening weekend of the season after he was forced to serve a three-game suspension.

He was then substituted in the 1-0 defeat to The Gunners and Rooney concedes his current form is something of a concern.

"It has not been up to the standard I normally play," Rooney told MUTV about his present form.

"I am disappointed with that, but I will keep working hard and hopefully my game will come back again.

"The Celtic game was quite tough.

"It was a big game and there was a lot of pressure on us to win it. I spoke to Paul (Scholes) afterwards and we were both quite tired."

The reverse to Arsenal ended United's four-match winning start to the new Premiership campaign, but Rooney is confident the team can quickly bounce back.

He added: "Losing against Arsenal was a big blow. We have made a good start to the season and we wanted it to continue.

"Even a draw would not have been too bad, but to lose in the last 10 minutes was devastating.

"I suppose if you look at the league table, we have made a decent start and we are still in front of the other title contenders.

"But Sunday's game was one we could have won and we let ourselves down in that regard."
Rafa
OWEN WONT RULE OUR RED DEVILS

In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports News, Owen Hargreaves has refused to rule out the possibility of joining Manchester United in January.

The England international was fined by his club Bayern Munich over the summer after making public his desire to move to Old Trafford following a successful World Cup campaign.

The German giants resisted Sir Alex Ferguson's attempts to bring Hargreaves to The Premiership for the first time, and the tenacious midfielder was forced to remain in the Bundesliga where he broke his leg on Saturday in a game against Arminia Bielefeld.

Whilst beginning his recuperation from the serious injury, Hargreaves took time out to explain to Sky Sports News that he has no regrets about pursuing a switch to Old Trafford over the summer.

Moreover the international star refused to rule out the possibility that he could join The Red Devils when the transfer window opens at the start of 2007.

"It's tough to say, I don't know [about moving in January]," said Hargreaves.

"I've said what I would have liked to happen and obviously it didn't happen and I think it's important if you have an opinion that you stick to it even though you might receive some criticism here and from the club.

"What happens in the future it's not really down to me, you saw that in the summer and I'm looking forward to when I go on the pitch doing well and playing well because these things all started from me playing well as a footballer.

"Hopefully I can do that and we will see where my path leads."

With Hargreaves now out of England's next two Euro 2008 qualifiers against Macedonia and Croatia in early October, and Aaron Lennon also missing due to injury, there have been suggestions that David Beckham could be welcomed back to the international reckoning after being axed by Steve McClaren.

Hargreaves certainly believes the former captain still has much to offer The Three Lions.

"There's always room for David Beckham," Hargreaves added.

"He actually rang me up and left a message on my phone, it's strange to have the support of people like that, to see how I'm doing.

"At the moment he is not in the picture but I don't think you can ever close the door on Becks because he is such a resilient individual in the past and still has a lot to add to the team.

"But obviously those aren't decisions I make or he makes, they are obviously down to the manager."

Under the new guiding hand of McClaren, Hargreaves has emerged as an indispensable member of the England team, playing in a new look central midfield with Frank Lampard that has allowed Steven Gerrard to roam free on the right.

The Bayern star is now hoping that McClaren can bring 40 years of under-achievement to an end for The Three Lions, particularly in the wake of a desperately disappointing World Cup.

"The potential is there now, we just need to make the most of it.

"I think we have got everything in place now the onus is on us to do very well, to prove to people we are a great team and that is what we are hoping to do in the future."

Reflecting on his own injury, Hargreaves, who could be back in action by mid-November, is focusing on recuperating fully and returning stronger after suffering the fracture.

"I think the most important thing is to not think why and what could have been, things were going so well I think if that's the case you deal with the good and the bad the same.

"I'm looking forward to getting healthy, I'm taking a small break at the moment and I'll come back even stronger."
lebanon4ever
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ronaldo was our best player against Arsenal :s: If the rest of the team played like him against Arsenal we would have won. He was the only player causing them problems and creating chances.
ronaldo is always our best player (erm not exactly always.... most of the time!!!)
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1608)
79.13%
Leave (424)
20.87%

Watched Threads