The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
username9303
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well they weren't wrong when they paid millions and millions for Ronaldo, who I'd personally never seen play, so if SAF and CQ think that he's a good buy then you've got to trust them
giggsy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
out of interest who do you think should be utds captain once nev retires. I would say rio or rooney but i also think vidic would be good.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by giggsy)
out of interest who do you think should be utds captain once nev retires. I would say rio or rooney but i also think vidic would be good.
I think that Ferdinand would probably be given the nod, but I don't think he's that vocal. Trying to think who shouts a lot apart from Nev.
Rafa
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
UNITED HOT ON KID NANI

MANCHESTER UNITED are chasing Portuguese wonderkid Nani — and hope to sign him before Sporting Lisbon slap a £17.5million transfer clause in his contract.

Red Devils assistant-boss Carlos Queiroz is personally overseeing their bid for the 19-year-old — who was the key to Sporting's success last year, when they finished second in the league.

The right-sided midfield starlet played 29 times, scoring four goals but has already netted three goals in only six matches this term.

His current deal expires in June 2008 but Sporting are desperate to extend it until 2010 or 2011 — and include a new proviso, stating he cannot be sold for less than £17.5m during that period.

Ambitious

United have watched the player and talks are due to take place within the next fortnight.

Sporting president Filipe Soares insists the teenager is not available, and said: "Nani is not for sale today — and neither in the winter market."

Nani told Sport of the World: "If I leave at any time it would only be to go to a superclub.

"I am young and very ambitious."

anyone heard of this kid?
Yeh hes supposed to be really good, plays on the left wing.
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i would say rooney probs, i cant think of anyone in the midfield who does. Heinze maybe? but he does it at the ref
Rafa
(Original post by olliemccowan)
I think that Ferdinand would probably be given the nod, but I don't think he's that vocal. Trying to think who shouts a lot apart from Nev.
What about Gabby?...i mean if his English is any good....
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
What about Gabby?...i mean if his English is any good....
i would say pretty good call personally but he would have to improve his english. Did he play for argentina at the weekend?
Rafa
i would say pretty good call personally but he would have to improve his english. Did he play for argentina at the weekend?
Not sure mate....
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
so all you lot at uni or college or school?
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Argentina didn't play at the weekend. They don't have any competitive matches until the Copa America next year anyway.
Rafa
so all you lot at uni or college or school?
Uni...
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Uni...
good stuff, what course you doing and which uni?
Rafa
good stuff, what course you doing and which uni?
University of the Arts London, Graphic Design

What do you do?
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Depends how much longer Nev stays. If he's around for another 3 years or so, then there may be one or 2 of the youngsters coming through that might handle it (thinking Jones possibly if he gets his chance), otherwise Gabby or Rooney. I can see why people suggest Rio, but IMHO he's just not consistant enough, and at times doesn't seem enirely with it, although that may change if he had the responsibility.

On a side note, I saw bits of the NI game and though Jonny Evans again looked good, hopefully he'll get the chance to develop as he's a great prospect.
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by BexTait)
Depends how much longer Nev stays. If he's around for another 3 years or so, then there may be one or 2 of the youngsters coming through that might handle it (thinking Jones possibly if he gets his chance), otherwise Gabby or Rooney. I can see why people suggest Rio, but IMHO he's just not consistant enough, and at times doesn't seem enirely with it, although that may change if he had the responsibility.

On a side note, I saw bits of the NI game and though Jonny Evans again looked good, hopefully he'll get the chance to develop as he's a great prospect.

rumour is that jones could be heading out to a championship team
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
University of the Arts London, Graphic Design

What do you do?
Im in a2 now doing chem and bio
Rafa
Im in a2 now doing chem and bio
A kid who posts on here does that too, you guys should share notes and stuff....oh wait....hes banned now lol...oh well.....
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A kid who posts on here does that too, you guys should share notes and stuff....oh wait....hes banned now lol...oh well.....
huh?:confused:
Rafa
huh?:confused:
Nothing, dont worry about it, good luck with your A-Levels mate :yy:
giggsy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nothing, dont worry about it, good luck with your A-Levels mate :yy:
okay:confused: thanks good luck with your arts course
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (78)
19.31%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (163)
40.35%
Nope, not that interesting (163)
40.35%

Watched Threads