The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5620
ankle strain. I think we need to get the ball out more to ole, do we bring giggs on if it doesnt change?. think utd have played well personally in patches and rooneys looking sharp.
Reply 5621
ryan giggs coming on , now rooney can go inside, come on utd!
flippin vidic
Reply 5623
Wigan 1 - 3 Man Utd FT
Now that was the best second half of football I've seen us play in a very long time. Whatever SAF said at half time, it most definitely worked. Great to see Solskjaer score at the end. Impressed with Rooney too, he looked quality in the second half, and when he had a chance to score he played it across to Saha who was better placed, so he definitely isn't that fussed.

Brilliant game overall. Not too bothered that I got the prediction wrong, 3-1 is much better than my 1-0 prediction. Would have been more if the ref wasn't such a mong, but there you go.
Reply 5625
if anyone says rooneys out of form now i will seriously be annoyed he was our best player today and hes back to his best. The team were simply superb when ryan giggs came on and bring on liverpool. Well done to vidic and sahas goal was special. But once again theres only 1 legend...OLE GUNNAR SOLSJAKER WHAT A FAIRTY TALE!
Reply 5626
oh yeah my prediction was pretty close 3-0 i said
Reply 5627
Brilliant football second half, controlled the game and good one touch passing, feels good to be 3 points ahead even if its just for a couple of hours.
Bringing Giggs on and going to 4-4-2 changed the game completely. Giggs was fantastic and Rooney playing behind Saha did wonders for him, an excellent game from him. Saha's goal was great, very athletic to catch the ball on his foot and slot it in. As soon as Vidic scored there was only going to be one result and it was a deserved win :biggrin:
Reply 5629
Ronaldo VII
Bringing Giggs on and going to 4-4-2 changed the game completely. Giggs was fantastic and Rooney playing behind Saha did wonders for him, an excellent game from him. Saha's goal was great, very athletic to catch the ball on his foot and slot it in. As soon as Vidic scored there was only going to be one result and it was a deserved win :biggrin:

:ditto:
Reply 5630
i think reading can take a point of chelsea, they arent a bad side, if they can get the seol to run at chelsea reading have a decent chance. Giggs's vision was immesne today.
Reply 5631
:redface: I just woke up!
Reply 5632
:p:
Reply 5633
Reading the match report on BBC Sport; who seem to be making a big deal of Wayne Rooney's performance. I'll judge on MOTD.

That Leighton Baines; I was about to say he should be at a big club but no big club would appreciate his talent. Always said it.

Thumbs up to the Big Serb for his goal. Hope he's well and truly settled by now. Hopefully he'll show himself to be good enough that we don't have to play Mikael Silvestre week in week out.

Always had a feeling we'd concede one, as my prediction said. Still thought we were too good for them, and this showed.

Glad to read that Rooney was running around demanding the ball; he seemed relatively flat-footed in this respect at the England game last week; and I was watching him a lot that game. "Relatively", mind, he did come alive when something seemed on, rather than when he wanted to make something happen.

Anyway, not much more I can infer from the match. Just hoping that the press jump off his back but not up his arse in a hurry.

And being not a morning person; a sour mood has necessiatated the following response to the ABUs:

;upyours; and f**k off.
Reply 5634
Abu?
Reply 5635
All But United... perhaps this term is obsolete as a result of Chelsea's emergence as at least a major force.
Reply 5636
lfc drew surely that rules them out of the title race
Reply 5637
No way; at least 30 games to go. No team is in or out of any race.
Reply 5638
well i dont tink liverpool have the strenght personally, theyve been crap all season anyway.
Good result today guys.

As much as I wanted you to lose, I've got to say, you were excellent in the second half. It could've been 5 or 6. You're playing great football at the moment - and fully deserve your place at the top of the table.

Hopefully we'll overtake you soon though :biggrin:

Latest