Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    Ridiculous that!
    I'm not sure what it says about Phil Bardsley's attitude though to be honest. Just hope that he'll be the type of model pro that Sir Alex keeps churning out.

(Original post by Juwel)
    I'm not sure what it says about Phil Bardsley's attitude though to be honest. Just hope that he'll be the type of model pro that Sir Alex keeps churning out.
    I dont think he'd ever have an attitude towards Sir Alex, hes got far too much respect for him, i quite like Phil, he's definitely got the potential to succeed Gary Neville.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think he'd ever have an attitude towards Sir Alex, hes got far too much respect for him, i quite like Phil, he's definitely got the potential to succeed Gary Neville.
    He's alright isn't he. Doesn't strike me as quite as elegant as Gary Neville can be. Yes I said Gary Neville can be elegant :p: but he's also a leader in the team; we'll need that from someone when he retires. Is it Phil Bardsley? Maybe Bardsley's more from the old school of defenders, like Gabby Heinze.

(Original post by Juwel)
    He's alright isn't he. Doesn't strike me as quite as elegant as Gary Neville can be. Yes I said Gary Neville can be elegant :p: but he's also a leader in the team; we'll need that from someone when he retires. Is it Phil Bardsley? Maybe Bardsley's more from the old school of defenders, like Gabby Heinze.
    I agree about Phil being old school, he doesnt exactly pull out from challenges does he, he can get forward really well too and put some decent crosses in, i think it was last season or the season before where he started right back at the start of the season and he was brilliant, looked like he'd been there forever.

ReputationRep:
    I agree about Phil being old school, he doesnt exactly pull out from challenges does he, he can get forward really well too and put some decent crosses in, i think it was last season or the season before where he started right back at the start of the season and he was brilliant, looked like he'd been there forever.
    He did, yeah, I remember that spell. I was so glad that a United youngster responded well to being thrust in the deep end. We tend to baby our youth in via the Carling Cup, and it was just so good to see Bardsley settle in the Premiership immediately.

(Original post by Juwel)
    He did, yeah, I remember that spell. I was so glad that a United youngster responded well to being thrust in the deep end. We tend to baby our youth in via the Carling Cup, and it was just so good to see Bardsley settle in the Premiership immediately.
    I think over the next couple of seasons we should start seeing some of our gems, the likes of, Phil Bardsley, Lee Martin, Giuseppe Rossi and Darron Gibson.

ReputationRep:
    I think over the next couple of season we should start seeing some of our gems, the likes of, Phil Bardsley, Lee Martin, Giuseppe Rossi and Darron Gibson.
    Lee Martin's excellent in FM2006 :rofl:

Pepe Rossi's one I want to see bloody loads of. Apparently Sir Alex has had a word in Glenn Roeder's ear about Roeder not playing him when he was available and Newcastle were otherwise short of forwards. Thing is, he's unlikely to stay for life; he has a desire to play in Serie A.

David Jones is someone I'd love to see more of, it's just a pity that he's not the sort of player we quite need right now. I'd be well excited to see Ben Foster and Tim Howard return from their loan spells older and wiser.

(Original post by Juwel)
    Lee Martin's excellent in FM2006 :rofl:

Pepe Rossi's one I want to see bloody loads of. Apparently Sir Alex has had a word in Glenn Roeder's ear about Roeder not playing him when he was available and Newcastle were otherwise short of forwards. Thing is, he's unlikely to stay for life; he has a desire to play in Serie A.

David Jones is someone I'd love to see more of, it's just a pity that he's not the sort of player we quite need right now. I'd be well excited to see Ben Foster and Tim Howard return from their loan spells older and wiser.
    The whole Rossi situation is really annoying, i wasnt so sure about him going there in the first place, i mean he gets like 4-5 minutes against Bolton the other day, he could've had that experience at United lol, im just glad hes comming back in January.

ReputationRep:
    Well thats good news as far as Liverpool are concerned, we really have to win the midfield battle on Sunday!
    If we pay to our potential, youll have trouble

ReputationRep:
    The whole Rossi situation is really annoying, i wasnt so sure about him going there in the first place, i mean he gets like 4-5 minutes against Bolton the other day, he could've had that experience at United lol, im just glad hes comming back in January.
    I wondered what a club like Newcastle could use him for. He might have been better off at a Championship or promoted side.

(Original post by Juwel)
    I wondered what a club like Newcastle could use him for. He might have been better off at a Championship or promoted side.
    Thats exactly what i said!

I just hope Roeder gives him at least one start before he leaves, the kid has tremendous abilty, i love the way he just drops off defenders and his first touch is unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    Thats exactly what i said!

I just hope Roeder gives him at least one start before he leaves, the kid has tremendous abilty, i love the way he just drops off defenders and his first touch is unbelievable.
    At least one?! That would have been a waste of six months. And at the current stage of his career he can't be wasting time. Hopefully if we're lucky with his development, he'll be quite the star.

Well im hoping he gets more, but at this rate hes hardly gonna play, poor kid.

ReputationRep:
    rossi is a class act and i think he would have benefited at somewhere like reading or maybe even if he had stayed at us personally. At newcastle, hes had a mere 1 game. Do you think heinze should come back on sun?

ReputationRep:
    Rossi isn't in the Newcastle squad playing Livorno :hmmm:

They've gone for Obafemi Martins and Antoine Sibierski up front, and Shola Ameobi on the bench. Also Albert Luque. And who's this Krul fellow?

They've also benched Titus Bramble, gone for Steven Taylor (at f**king last!) and Peter Ramage in the middle, and Damien Duff at left back. Hmm, OK...

ReputationRep:
    He wouldn't have got a game for us either. Even less chance of playing than he currently has at Newcastle. Solskjaer is above him in the pecking order, and even when Rooney was suspended, he would have only made it onto the bench for a couple of games. Now that Smith's back as well, he wouldn't have a hope unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Juwel, I think you mean Fenerbahce (or however you spell it).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Rossi isn't in the Newcastle squad playing Livorno :hmmm:

They've gone for Obafemi Martins and Antoine Sibierski up front, and Shola Ameobi on the bench. Also Albert Luque. And who's this Krul fellow?

They've also benched Titus Bramble, gone for Steven Taylor (at f**king last!) and Peter Ramage in the middle, and Damien Duff at left back. Hmm, OK...
    Sir alex dont want him to play in Euro games incase we need him when he comes back from his loan.

ReputationRep:
    yer i think its a good decision by roder not to include him today. But ollie dont you think he would probs get most action at some team like reading?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malfoy)
    yer i think its a good decision by roder not to include him today. But ollie dont you think he would probs get most action at some team like reading?
    To be honest I think, like Rafa, that he ideally needed to go to a Championship side where he could make the progressive step up. He's not quite ready to push for a regular starting place in a Premiership side, so a good spell at a Championship club where he could score a few goals and show people what he was about would have been ideal. We'll see what happens in the January transfer window when his loan contract at Newcastle finishes.

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.