The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

jamlan
Woo! Although i know that that statement is actually in support of Chelsea. Woo anyway!

If you don't beat them later on, then as a consolation we'll have to beat them 3-0 again. :wink: Don't really know who's a bigger rival for me - Man Utd or Liverpool. Strange one that.
BexTait
The hatred is a 2 sided thing mate. Very little was said regarding comments from Stevie G along the lines of wanting all Mancs dead...

I've always believed that Liverpool fans have felt inferior to us over the years, you know in that they feel smaller of sorts. I mean lets face it, their fanbase is smaller, their ground is smaller, their financial clout has often been smaller, we've traditionally had the more glamorous players (Best, Beckham, Ronaldo etc), in recent years we've played the better football, and of course not forgetting, Liverpool is SMALLER than Manchester. So I do feel there's a jealousy factor in the ranks of some of Liverpool's support.

Their inferiority complex is pretty much summed up anyway by the amount of times they have to go on and on and on and on and on about their trophy count. I mean, if we ever overtake Liverpool in the no.of league titles rank I don't think we'll be signing songs about how many times we've won it.
NDGAARONDI
If you don't beat them later on, then as a consolation we'll have to beat them 3-0 again. :wink: Don't really know who's a bigger rival for me - Man Utd or Liverpool. Strange one that.

Oh don't worry niether of us consider you the biggest rival.:biggrin:

Small club in London.
In all honesty, there's little or nothing to be jealous about.

If you ask any football fan when and what they think Man United will win next, you'd be left looking at a wondering face. If you ask the same thing about Liverpool, they'll immediately answer it with one or two trophies at the end of the season.

We have the better squad, the better fans, the better manager, the better history and most importantly for you clits..

The upperhand in the present time :smile:.
Sharpshooter
Oh don't worry niether of us consider you the biggest rival.:biggrin:

Oh I'm not bothered about that. Rather concentrate on big sides like Real Madrid and Barcelona than Man Utd. :wink:

Sharpshooter
Small club in London.

The small club that has stopped you winning the league you mean? That small club which crushed your 45-game unbeaten run. I still remember that haha. :biggrin:
Sharpshooter
Their inferiority complex is pretty much summed up anyway by the amount of times they have to go on and on and on and on and on about their trophy count. I mean, if we ever overtake Liverpool in the no.of league titles rank I don't think we'll be signing songs about how many times we've won it.

Yes you will. Except book-worm and his buddies will chant, "We've won it 5 times" over and over 'til you die your death. :p:
justfarhan
and most importantly for you clits..

I mean I don't want to jynx tomorrow's result out of our favor, but the league table doesn't currently say so....

NDGAARONDI
The small club that has stopped you winning the league you mean? That small club which crushed your 45-game unbeaten run. I still remember that haha

Oh your 40 game unbeaten run.

But anyway, the title was never ours last season, Chelsea would have become a bigger laughing stock losing it than us allegedly losing it.

Oh yeah april the 14th, nice prediction, Jose.
Still, if Chelsea in the CL under Jose he'll be able to repeat Clough's view on Fergie won't he eh? :p:
Why would it when you've been playing relatively easier teams than we have? :rolleyes:

Even so, everyone knows we have a better squad than you do, and better chances of silverware than you do.
justfarhan
Even so, everyone knows we have a better squad than you do, and better chances of silverware than you do.

Big deal, I'm happy with our current title and cl campaigns at the moment, we may not win them, but at least we're in a stronger position to do so currently than you are.
Reply 5870
justfarhan
In all honesty, there's little or nothing to be jealous about.

If you ask any football fan when and what they think Man United will win next, you'd be left looking at a wondering face. If you ask the same thing about Liverpool, they'll immediately answer it with one or two trophies at the end of the season.

We have the better squad, the better fans, the better manager, the better history and most importantly for you clits..

you will win nothing this year simply because you have brought some horrendous buys such as bellamy and aureilo. youre sitting 11th in the league, this game today is more important to you than us.
I'm sure if the Chelsea fans amongst us scroll back a few 100 hundred pages to sometime last year, they'll find that I can considerably owned NDGAARONDI in the argument of "Chelsea vs Buying the title".
Reply 5872
malfoy
you will win nothing this year simply because you have brought some horrendous buys such as bellamy and aureilo. youre sitting 11th in the league, this game today is more important to you than us.
Aurelio, you may have a point with (fantastic left foot, but by the looks of it, not a lot else) but Bellamy is a classs player. He's having a poor run at the moment, but that's only from a goalscoring perspective. Often he's been required to play in the wide positions, something that he's been doing well.
Reply 5873
Sharpshooter
I've always believed that Liverpool fans have felt inferior to us over the years, you know in that they feel smaller of sorts. I mean lets face it, their fanbase is smaller, their ground is smaller, their financial clout has often been smaller, we've traditionally had the more glamorous players (Best, Beckham, Ronaldo etc), in recent years we've played the better football, and of course not forgetting, Liverpool is SMALLER than Manchester. So I do feel there's a jealousy factor in the ranks of some of Liverpool's support.

How glamourous the players are is obviously a good guage of how superior a club is. You might be right about the jealousy thing on some counts, but i think also most Liverpool supporters currently feel that your advantage is temporary and there's some frustration that we have to wait for the turnaround. There's also probably an element of jealousy in the other direction (you brought up the trophy count!:p: )
Reply 5874
jamlan
Aurelio, you may have a point with (fantastic left foot, but by the looks of it, not a lot else) but Bellamy is a classs player. He's having a poor run at the moment, but that's only from a goalscoring perspective. Often he's been required to play in the wide positions, something that he's been doing well.

rumour is that hes out with a groin strain
Man u fans can watch the game here

http://www.myp2p.eu/Matches/Match1.htm

If you havent got Tv Ants download it from here so u can watch the match

http://asia_colgate.freepgs.com/Tvan...p_1.0.0.58.exe
Reply 5876
ankank you will just get warned im sure
Reply 5877
got the team

van de sar

gneville ferdinand vidic evra

fletcher scholes carrick giggs