Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

My Prediction:

Man Utd 2 - 0 Portsmouth

ReputationRep:
    Hmm... I would have chosen any of the scores above, but to be different, I'll choose Man Utd 3 - 0 Portsmouth

ReputationRep:
    united 3-0 portsmouth

ReputationRep:
    Sir Alex Ferguson has vented his anger at anyone suggesting he should quit football.

Ferguson is set to celebrate 20 years in charge of Manchester United on Monday and he shows few signs of quitting.

In 2002 he was ready to walk away, but shelved those retirement plans and there is no sign he is ready to dust them down.

"I just want to carry on," he told Sky Sports News.

"I enjoy working and I think it is scandalous that some people say I should retire, it is none of their bloody business I think I have every right to work hard.

"Some people in this life don't want to work, I don't think you should decry anyone who wants to work and it disgusts me people think that way and I am going to continue working.

"We have a big game tomorrow [against Portsmouth] and I will continue on."

Meanwhile, Ferguson confirmed that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's hamstring injury would keep out of action for up to a month.

Solskjaer picked up the injury in Wednesday's UEFA Champions League defeat to FC Copenhagen and now faces a spell on the sidelines.

"We had the scan and it is only a partial tear so should be a maximum of four weeks when we thought it would be seven, so that is good news, nevertheless, we will miss him," he added.

The United supremo was also quizzed once again about a possible approach for Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves.

And he again admitted he was still interested, saying: "I think it is one of these situations that will present itself in January

And do you think he can carry on for 10 years, is he the greatest man utd manager and arguably he is the best manager english football has produced who agrees?
    please note: this extract has been taken from skysports

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    My Prediction:

Man Utd 2 - 0 Portsmouth

I would go for 3-1 victory for man utd

player to watch : Louis Saha

ReputationRep:
    My Prediction:

Man Utd 3 - 0 Portsmouth

ReputationRep:
    2-1 united

ReputationRep:
    So SAF = SBR?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    So SAF = SBR?
    Hmm, I'm sure there's a good reason someone would see humour in this. Beats me though.

ReputationRep:
    rofl, Utd 2 - 0 Pompey in under 8 minutes.

Rooney got brought down in area and Saha converted penalty.
    Then Ronaldo smashed in a 25 yard free kick.

Hell, even Gary Neville almost scored after 14 minutes

ReputationRep:
    Utd 3 - 0 Pompey

Vidic scores.

We / I want this to be the final scoreline

ReputationRep:
    Uberw00t, I got a prediction right

Final score:

Man Utd 3 - 0 Pompey

ReputationRep:
    Everyone played really well, though Saha was a little wasteful.

ReputationRep:
    A great win, opens up the gap further on 3rd+

Good to see Rossi starting for Newcastle against Sheffield United also

ReputationRep:
    another great result, I thought pompey might give us a scare but we came through easily.

ReputationRep:
    Wooo! I got it right too!

Great game; Vidic's goal takes the cake for me! The guy played brilliantly; not to detract from everyone else, though. I was right! We were pissed after mid-week and went out to make amends

EDIT: Also, I have a question to any people who've been to Old Trafford more than me...

Why the hell do we sing 'Who the f**k are Man United? (repeated several times) But the Reds go marching on! On! On!' It confused the hell out of me, if I'm being honest...

ReputationRep:
    Was at the match today.

Paul Scholes ran the show in the first half, then faded.

Gary Neville played well, and I knew Ronnie was going to stick that free-kick away.

Vidic scored a banga, good cross by Neville. We all screamed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)

Great game; Vidic's goal takes the cake for me! The guy played brilliantly; not to detract from everyone else, though. I was right! We were pissed after mid-week and went out to make amends

EDIT: Also, I have a question to any people who've been to Old Trafford more than me...

Why the hell do we sing 'Who the f**k are Man United? (repeated several times) But the Reds go marching on! On! On!' It confused the hell out of me, if I'm being honest...
    Its an ironic chant. In the past, other teams have sang that at us when we have been losing/drawing so we sing it ironicly when we are winning

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayk Bakner)

Always used to be "Glory Glory" but then around 97 the "Who the ****" version became mainstream. It was a popular chant from opposition fans for years, and then we adopted as a means to taunt them when we scored, in an ironic sense. Satisfying as it can be to sing, I sometimes long for a classic version.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see...still a bit weird, tough...ANYWAYS...moving on from my apparent lack of Reds Knowledge, yeah?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.