Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *the special one*)
    the special one needs to only say one thing

shhhhh
    Could you take your own advice, and only say it once? And ... *ahem* 5/10/06 - 2-1. 'Nuff said.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feed the troll. He's been on the Newcastle and Arsenal threads too.

ReputationRep:
    Bah! I call it 'anti-troll trolling'

But you are indeed right...I didn't know he's posting on the other threads. Bloody trolls.

*eats the can for himself*

ReputationRep:
    The sun newspaper reported that Fergurson is making a 22million bid on Torres and a 16million bid on Hargreaves. He is also thinking of loaning Smith to Leeds.

ReputationRep:
    The Sun newspaper forgot to report that it's a lot of sh*t.

ReputationRep:
    And the Daily Mail made three attempts in getting right that Chelsea signed Shevchenko.

ReputationRep:
    INTERNATIONAL WATCH:

Kieran Richardson has been promoted from the U21s to the seniors following the unfortunate (!) injury to Jermaine Jenas. Gary Neville had already pulled out following an injury picked up against the win at Ewood Park.

England's opponents Holland have not called up Edwin van der Sar. Interesting.

Cristiano Ronaldo insists he's ready to play for Portugal, despite fears expressed by Sir Alex Ferguson. Fergie wants to give the currently superb Ronaldo a bit of a break and is worried at an ankle injury the young winger picked up against Blackburn. Ronaldo, though, reckons he's a day or two away from being 100% fit. Portugal are playing Kazakhstan (quiet at the back there). Ferguson reckons Portugal can cope without Ronaldo; though if I were Ronaldo I'd want to have my fun against them

Patrice Evra has earned a recall to the France team against Greece. About goddamn time! Louis Saha is also in the squad. No place for Mikael Silvestre.

ReputationRep:
    i love u freddie

ReputationRep:
    he'll probably be in the main squad now, since everyone is pulling out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viper11)
    The sun newspaper reported that Fergurson is making a 22million bid on Torres and a 16million bid on Hargreaves. He is also thinking of loaning Smith to Leeds.
    That will be well received... Smith I mean. HAH! Also, Torres is every bit worth that... but would you bin Saha for him!?

ReputationRep:
    Loks like we've let another talented youngster go Dave Jones off to Pride Park by the looks of it. Wish he could have got his chance in the first team, but looks like it won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Just so we all know;

Bex refers to the loan-then sale of David Jones by us to Derby County. He will go on loan for the remainder of the season, and Derby will exercise the purchase option in January for what is reported to be above £1m. Jones, who has played one U21 game for England, is yet to agree terms but is set to join his new teammates at training on Friday.

Yes, a talented youngster, good passer, but I always feared that given his type of game he'd be surplus to requirements. I wish him all the best; Derby have got themselves a cracking deal there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Loks like we've let another talented youngster go Dave Jones off to Pride Park by the looks of it. Wish he could have got his chance in the first team, but looks like it won't happen.
    It's a shame since I though he might be able to break into the first team but Fergie obviously doesn't rate him. Yes he was poor in the two carling cup matches but the entire team played badly in those two matches. It would have been good to see what he could have done if played alongside the first team players but we all have to move on now.

All the best to the lad, hopefully he will play in the premiership soon.

ReputationRep:
    Karl-Heinz Rummenigge explains why Bayern Munich will not sell Owen Hargreaves in January.

Fair enough, or digging for excuses?

ReputationRep:
    Surely the extra transfer money offered by Man Utd would more than compensate for any losses through taxation? What a bs story that is :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Are we doing predictions for Sheffield? If so:

Sheff Utd 1 - 3 Man Utd

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping that this option to buy Jones is under condition that United sign Hargreaves in January, as I would prefer to have Jones as a cover for Scholes and Carrick than John {cant tackle, run, pass or shoot} O'Shea and Fletcher.
    I am also hoping that we sign a pre-contract deal that is watertight (unlike Mikel) in January as he can hopefully become a long-term replacement for Giggsy, as Richardson is never going to be talented enough to fill in the void that King Ryan will leave. What really concerns me is that we have no long term replacement for Scholesy, who despite recent press can not play until he is 40, I fear that Fergie may move Rooney into a more Scholes type attacking midfield role and play Rossi off Torres, when we inevitably sign him.

ps. Can Quieroz please leave Manchester and never come back, he plays football which is negative and boring - 451 & 453 - which is against the tradition of the clubs free-flowing attacking football.

AND ROONEY IS NOT A LEFT WINGER

ReputationRep:
    4-3-3 is not negative per se btw.

ReputationRep:
    My prediction for the game at Bramall Lane: Blades 0-2 United

My Prediction:

Sheffield United 0 - 2 Man Utd

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.