The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
NDGAARONDI
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Celtic, arguably, don't get enough credit.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
For some reason, i dont see Chelsea as a threat in open play...its the set pieces im worried about.
For some reason I think we'll go 4-3-3 with Robben and Joe Cole unleashed on the wings.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
For some reason I think we'll go 4-3-3 with Robben and Joe Cole unleashed on the wings.
I think he can't afford not to drop Sheva, yeah that sounds right. Question is, Lampard or Ballack?
Forté
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dont forget that robben and joe cole are by no means first team regulars...
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
I think he can't afford not to drop Sheva, yeah that sounds right. Question is, Lampard or Ballack?
Drop Ballack.
Steezy20
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Southend not good enough for you? :p:
No :p:
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well unless we get injuries, we know what our starting XI is going to be.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would love it if we won Sunday's game. Absoluteloy love it.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jaydoh)
I would love it if we won Sunday's game. Absoluteloy love it.
You reminded me of Kevin Keegan.
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You reminded me of Kevin Keegan.
I meant to sound like him.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Adu starts two-week Man Utd trial

American teenage prodigy Freddy Adu has started a two-week trial with Premiership leaders Manchester United.

Adu, 17, was allowed to attend by MLS club DC United, but will not be able to play in a competitive match as he does not have a work permit.

Chelsea are reported to have rejected the chance to sign Adu, who is the youngest-ever USA international.

Despite his reputation, Adu trained with United's academy players at their Carrington training ground.

Ghana-born Adu was 16 when he made his international debut for the USA in a friendly against Canada.

United are thought to be keen to arrange a match behind close doors at some point during Adu's stay.

Earlier this month, boss Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed United would be keen on signing Adu if he could prove himself.

Ferguson said: "I think we would be interested, he's only young but we have known of him for a long time. "We tried to get him here some years ago but he signed for DC United and that stopped the progress of us keeping tabs on him."

Earlier this year Adu's agent Richard Motzkin claimed he had held talks with both United and Chelsea.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Much Adu about nothing.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Much Adu about nothing.
Most likely.

I want to see if the coaching staff deem him worthy for a purchase. There's been a lot of hype over him over the years and a trial at United could... well not be the acid test but at least some sort of indicator of whether the hype was justified.
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
His style is very much suited in MLS, it will be interesting to see if he can translate that form to the more physical, less open and higher tempo game of the Premiership.

I have seen him play a few times, he is very talented.
NDGAARONDI
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
From what I've heard though he's talented but he's over-hyped, unfortunately for him.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Scholes considered England return

Manchester United midfielder Paul Scholes admits he did consider coming out of international retirement under new England coach Steve McClaren.

Scholes, 31, quit after Euro 2004 but has twice been contacted by McClaren who wants him to change his mind.

"It certainly wasn't a straightforward decision," said Scholes. "I thought about it, but decided against it.

"It's flattering when the England boss asks you to go back, but basically I decided I didn't need to go back."

Scholes has been a vital part of United's table-topping side so far this season, but says he is not completely satisfied with the way he has been playing.

He added: "I have played a lot better than I am at the moment.

"I am frustrated at not scoring many goals for a start. I like scoring but I only have two so far. I would like it to be more."

Scholes' decision not to end his England exile is supported by United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, who knows just how important he is to the Old Trafford club.

"When you are in your 30s it is not easy to trek all over Europe playing for your country," said the Scot.

"Sometimes in international football you can be away for eight or nine days at a time with double headers in qualifying games.

"That is a lot of football and something you have to consider seriously, particularly if you value family life and I think that was partly behind Paul's decision."
bigdave0245
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My Prediction:

Celtic 0 - 2 Man Utd
mike89
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
2-1 united!
Steezy20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The G Nev situation aint looking very rosy. Unable to play full matches. Skips every other match. Apparently both his calf muscles are getting fluid in them. May need surgery which will keep him out for a long time.
BexTait
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not good for Nev. Could mean that we can then accomodate Brown, Vidic and Rio in a starting line up tho. Could mean that Bardsley gets called back and given his chance perhaps?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have any savings?

Yes (72)
75.79%
No (23)
24.21%

Watched Threads