Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mediocre performance, poor support, car windows smashed in by the tram stop. Not a great night, but there have been worse.

ReputationRep:
    Good win it seems, judging by the reports on the BBC Sport website of a `comfortable` win, comfortable usually means boring. Was it a boring game?

i was watching chelsea and bolton on fox sports, missed most of the second half after having fallen asleep. I never thought i`d get around to saying this, but i have a certain respect for Bolton and their playing style. I don`t believe they play football quite as ugly as many are keen to believe. They`re a well organised unit, some decent players, and they did create some excellent goal scoring chances. Anelka had a fantastic chance to score in the last minute but sadly the ball went straight to the keeper. Sure, it wasn`t an excellent, absorbing match, but credit where credit`s due, Bolton are (i think) 4th in the league, and regardless of the extent of their oft- alleged `ugly` footballing brand, it`s a fantastic achievement. Particularly when bearing in mind the millions spent by the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle, and you only have to look at the league table to see how badly the aforementioned 3 are performing. All credit to Allardyce and his squad, they could have nicked a goal and a point tonight, a 5 point cushion would have been nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Good win it seems, judging by the reports on the BBC Sport website of a `comfortable` win, comfortable usually means boring. Was it a boring game?
    All the goals were brilliant and we had plenty of chances but everton certainly helped us. VDS didn't have much to do and Richardson was quite poor. Our passing wasn't great, I guess you could expect that with the midfield that played today.

For the last twenty minutes there were seven defenders on the pitch with evra,brown and O'shea playing in midfield. Brown looked totally lost lol, there was one case where he just hoofed the ball to the stands.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mithun)
    All the goals were brilliant and we had plenty of chances but everton certainly helped us. VDS didn't have much to do and Richardson was quite poor. Our passing wasn't great, I guess you could expect that with the midfield that played today.

For the last twenty minutes there were seven defenders on the pitch with evra,brown and O'shea playing in midfield. Brown looked totally lost lol, there was one case where he just hoofed the ball to the stands.
    Brown in midfield eh. This match had `potential bananna skin` written all over it, thankfully it didn`t turn out that way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BexTait)
    Don't think so, I think they're showing the Chelsea game :rolleyes:
    Nah we're on Sky. I'd be surprised that you're not on Fox Sport - you'd feel at home being on there.

(Original post by Juwel)
    I'll get my 2-1 prediction in now, and take down everyone else's to help Rafa out.
    Nice one, cheers mate :yy:

ReputationRep:
    you might have seen them before but for the ones who havent. enjoy!!!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Let the 10-year-olds have those pictures, it's all a little too childish for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Let the 10-year-olds have those pictures, it's all a little too childish for my liking.
    I bet you had a little snigger though didn't you go on... admit it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Rumours of Larsson signing for us on loan until March

Reports in Sweden claim Manchester United are due to sign Henrik Larsson on a three-month loan.

Larsson's current club Helsingborgs have called a press conference for Friday afternoon when a big announcement will be made.

According to the Swedish media, the announcement will concern Helsingborgs agreeing to loan Larsson to United for three months.

United are currently short of striking options, with Wayne Rooney and Louis Saha the only recognised forwards available to Sir Alex Ferguson.

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is injured, Alan Smith is still short of match fitness and Giuseppe Rossi is on loan at Newcastle United.

Ferguson recently hinted he could sign a striker in January and a possible three-month loan deal for Larsson would be suitable to all parties.

This will be a good move if its true, would be an excellent backup to Saha.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly cant see us signing larsson on loan. It doesnt add up really, why sign an old player like him on loan when we could buy a striker that we need anyway IMO aswell as the midfielder

ReputationRep:
    Well we have signed him. He is intelligent and for the short term looks like a good signing. He was very good for Barca last season just depends how fit he is i guess.

I think Fergie is waiting until the end of the season before he splashes out. I would prefer Huntellar to Torres as he has a brilliant goal scoring record. Torres is still not world class and won't be as there is way to much pressure on him. Huntelaar is pressure free. Bent and Defoe are good too but i am not sure.

But we so have to sign Hargreaves in January!

ReputationRep:
    Shrewd signing to say the least! And we beat Barca to it!

ReputationRep:
    lol that was bound to happen as soon as i say something

ReputationRep:
    hmmm larsson on loan then.
    Odd, but quite cool at the same time.
    we'll be loaning sheringham at this rate

ReputationRep:
    Good signing. Age is irrelevant, Larsson turned that Barca-Arse match into the formers favour, setting up the two goals if i`m not mistaken. He still has what it takes and could prove to be a very useful sub. Pity the loan isn`t all the way till May come season-finish. Besides, all we need is an injury to Rooney or Saha....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Completly wrong aswell, seing as Arsenal have won the double.

Oh, and im gutted you signed larsson.

ReputationRep:
    Double as in back to back titles not League and FA Cup.

ReputationRep:
    Since when has that been called a double.

ReputationRep:
    2-0 to United

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.