The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I cried my little eyes out at the time :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I don't think i'll ever forget that game and where I was
    Your lounge or the pub?

Not having you were at the match... that's just too good to be true lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steezy20)
    Your lounge or the pub?

Not having you were at the match... that's just too good to be true lol.
    I wasnt at the pub, I was only 13.
    Its not even exciting, I was just at home, I just remember it like it was yesterday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    I wasnt at the pub, I was only 13.
    Its not even exciting, I was just at home, I just remember it like it was yesterday
    Thank goodness you weren't at the game, otherwise I would of had to neg-rep you out of pure jealousy :p:

Yes, I was in my lounge as well. According to my calculations, I was 11... my word, it certainly doesnt seem that long ago! 'Twas '99 right? I turned 19 this November... bloody hell, I WAS only 11 :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    I was 13 and watching in my living room; we were going to my nan's after the game and when Teddy Sheringham scored I wasn't going anywhere, fully expecting extra time :p:

ReputationRep:
    Was looking for video of United vs City; why did I expect to find video of a Saturday game before Match of the Day? I did find this though; the goals from United Reserves vs City Reserves last night. A sweet free kick from Kieran Richardson, and Alan Smith's first goal on his way back from his broken leg absence.

ReputationRep:
    What an odd game that was. You'd think a game with 4 goals would be pretty good, but it was good at best IMHO. Saha and Giggs had stinkers, Ronaldo played well (yet again). The biggest thought running through my head is that of Ronaldo. If he happens to get injured i think we could be in big trouble with regards to recapturing the league title. And bring on Larsson ASAP, sure, Saha has done OK this season, but a game like today, would have been ideal had we had someone of Larssons quality to bring on earlier, to replace Saha, he himself would acknowledge he had a stinker of a game.

BUT, 3 points

ReputationRep:
    I really worry about United without Ronaldo too; after someone like Owen Hargreaves a creative winger has to be the priority, particularly now we've delayed the question of a centre-forward by having Henrik Larsson on loan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    I really worry about United without Ronaldo too; after someone like Owen Hargreaves a creative winger has to be the priority, particularly now we've delayed the question of a centre-forward by having Henrik Larsson on loan.
    Ferguson should be thinking (maybe he currently is or has been) about getting some back-up, we need it. I'll go as far as saying that we could quite easily lose our way and finish a fair few points adrift of Chelsea, if Ronaldo does get injured for a significant period of time. It would be a huge huge blow.

ReputationRep:
    With back-up like Fletcher, who needs Ronaldo? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Ferguson should be thinking (maybe he currently is or has been) about getting some back-up, we need it. I'll go as far as saying that we could quite easily lose our way and finish a fair few points adrift of Chelsea, if Ronaldo does get injured for a significant period of time. It would be a huge huge blow.
    Mm; in terms of wide options we'd have Ryan Giggs, Kieran Richardson and Darren Fletcher (maybe Patrice Evra). Ferguson should be loth to play Wayne Rooney on the wing again. I worry same as yourself that the goals would dry up and we'd drop points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Mm; in terms of wide options we'd have Ryan Giggs, Kieran Richardson and Darren Fletcher (maybe Patrice Evra). Ferguson should be loth to play Wayne Rooney on the wing again. I worry same as yourself that the goals would dry up and we'd drop points.
    Fletcher, ahem :rolleyes:

Whats Evra out injured with at the moment? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Solkjaer played on the right sometimes before his long string of injuries.

ReputationRep:
    ...not that I want Solkjaer to play there... but it's an option if we're completely stuck

ReputationRep:
    Fletcher, ahem :rolleyes:
    My point exactly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    My point exactly.
    And in the summer maybe we should start making moves for a player like West Ham's Matthew Etherington. Giggs has a couple or so years left in him, sure, but he's getting older, recovery time slows etc...I like Etherington. Him over Downing any day of the week.

ReputationRep:
    And in the summer maybe we should start making moves for a player like West Ham's Matthew Etherington. Giggs has a couple or so years left in him, sure, but he's getting older, recovery time slows etc...I like Etherington. Him over Downing any day of the week.
    Etherington over Downing for sure, but I'd hope we could find better, and the fact that Etherington is English means we'd be screwed out of too much money were we to move for him. Besides, I'd like someone who can play on either wing, as injuries to either Ronaldo or Giggs leave us in difficulty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    Etherington over Downing for sure, but I'd hope we could find better, and the fact that Etherington is English means we'd be screwed out of too much money were we to move for him. Besides, I'd like someone who can play on either wing, as injuries to either Ronaldo or Giggs leave us in difficulty.
    yeah maybe so. I'd love to see Hargreaves here at OT. A missing ingredient.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to add. I knew Manchester had its fair share of chavs, but there's no greater hangout as far as chavs are concerned, than Manchester, and specifically Old Trafford, when a derby match is on. The place was heaving with chavs/scallies today - gobsmackingly so.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just going to add. I knew Manchester had its fair share of chavs, but there's no greater hangout as far as chavs are concerned, than Manchester, and specifically Old Trafford, when a derby match is on. The place was heaving with chavs/scallies today - gobsmackingly so.
    You obviously haven't been to Liverpool on derby day then lol.
    Neither have I having said that, it's just 99% of scousers are chavs anyways.

*disclaimer*
    Don't moan about that last comment, because I don't care!!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.