The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7000
So it's Lille eh. We've got away with the easy draw. This won't sit well with the other sets of fans, whose teams have pretty much tougher fixtures and will no doubt come out with "but you haven't played anyone" if and when we make the quarter finals. Hey they envy us.
I've been thinking a little today (it didn't hurt). I was thinking, well, asking myself the following question... "dude, the premiership should be proving more of an entertainer than it currently is doing, what's going wrong?"

And you know what (i bet you know already), it suddenly hit me like a bolt of lightening. Chelsea and 'pool - spend so much money yet when you tune in to watch these guys, well, lets face it, we'd all rather be watching paint dry or your parents 'indulging'...

Anyone share my concerns? :smile:
Reply 7003
I don't think that Lille are an easy option, it's the Champions League knock out stages so whatever the draw it was going to be a tough one, the teams will be up for it.
Reply 7004
BexTait
I don't think that Lille are an easy option, it's the Champions League knock out stages so whatever the draw it was going to be a tough one, the teams will be up for it.

Course they are. We could have got barca!
Juwel
This I find hard to understand; all joking aside it's as if you've input two incompatible codes into a computer and fried the thing :s-smilie:

Paul Scholes should by rights be among everyone's favourite Reds; he exemplifies and stands for United.

Expect for that he supports Oldham :ninja:

:rolleyes:
I don't know WHY I don't like him...I just don't...do I have to keep repeating myself, or are you going to talk about something else? :p:
Great draw we'll smack Lille. The Scousers could beat Barca and 3 big big names are going down, I reckon Real Madrid, Inter and Roma. I also think Celtic could pull off a shock.

We've also got a work permit for Dong Fangzhuo.
Reply 7007
samba
Course they are. We could have got barca!

Doesn't mean that it'll be an easy tie tho, Lille took points off AC to get to the last 16.
Reply 7008
white_haired_wizard
I've been thinking a little today (it didn't hurt). I was thinking, well, asking myself the following question... "dude, the premiership should be proving more of an entertainer than it currently is doing, what's going wrong?"

And you know what (i bet you know already), it suddenly hit me like a bolt of lightening. Chelsea and 'pool - spend so much money yet when you tune in to watch these guys, well, lets face it, we'd all rather be watching paint dry or your parents 'indulging'...

Anyone share my concerns? :smile:

How the hell do we spend so much money????!!! Chelsea yeh! but us not really! I think we are a pretty economical team in terms of transfers! Don't think we have ever spent 16mill on a gamble of a player!
Shakuri
How the hell do we spend so much money????!!! Chelsea yeh! but us not really! I think we are a pretty economical team in terms of transfers! Don't think we have ever spent 16mill on a gamble of a player!

i was being deliberately provocative :cool:

Compared to Man United and Chelsea, yes, you do spend less.

I think Liverpool are pretty economical, every season, at getting into the Champions League through their league position. Economical also, in producing dull football, economical in bringing in badboyz (pennant and bell-end)....there's alot of economical to get through when it concerns those dirty scousers, an economical concerning the production of mediocrity. :wink: OoOoOo
BexTait
Would love Porto to use the same diving/cheating tactics Mourinho employed against us in the games against the Rent Boys and knock 'em out. It'll show how much of a sore loser he really is.

Can't wait for you to visit the Emirates and Fabregas dives to get a winning penalty, gets it and scores. :smile:
Dalimyr
I don't know WHY I don't like him...I just don't...do I have to keep repeating myself, or are you going to talk about something else? :p:

we should collectively disown you Dalimyr. Scholes is a fantastic player, was and IS. I guess my style of play is very similar to Scholes, flits around, bit like a mosquito, a bit like the tennis world's Nikolay Davydenko. A pest, and a bloody useful one at that, and an utter irritant for the opposition. I'd go as far as saying Scholes is a God.
Reply 7012
white_haired_wizard
i was being deliberately provocative :cool:

Compared to Man United and Chelsea, yes, you do spend less.

I think Liverpool are pretty economical, every season, at getting into the Champions League through their league position. Economical also, in producing dull football, economical in bringing in badboyz (pennant and bell-end)....there's alot of economical to get through when it concerns those dirty scousers, an economical concerning the production of mediocrity. :wink: OoOoOo

As mediocre as the 2005 champions league final!
Shakuri
As mediocre as the 2005 champions league final!

An anomaly. My point is, i'd rather piss blood than watch Liverpool.
Reply 7014
Before I forget (it is the staff do in the morning), my prediction for the game on sunday is United 2-0 Hammers despite the fact that they have a new man in charge, I reckon we'll still do it, they just don't seem to have been themselves this season.
2-0? Thats conservative. 5 days off (?), we should hammer the Hammers 4 or 5 nil but take into account a couple of sitters missed I will have to go with 3-1 with Tevez scoring a wondergoal.
Reply 7016
Utd should win. But it will be really diff. Probably about 2-1 to us! Hopefully, and i think Chelski may drop points against everton. Although they are struggling with injuries Everton are strong defensively. But Chelski are so mechanical in there matches you dunno.
Reply 7017
Dalimyr

I'ma wear you like a necklace foo' :hmmm:

Nah I'll get off your case as soon as you watch this :cool:
Reply 7018
This year's second round draw is damn tasty indeed; it seems that apart from our draw there's a match with real bit everywhere we look; similar ability or standing, or in the case of Chelsea-Porto, a story. I look forward to the results of Lyon-Roma and Inter-Valencia in particular. Tie of the round is Real-Bayern, no doubt about it, but we will relish the oucome of Liverpool-Barcelona; either the Scousers are out or the most talented squad are.
Reply 7019
The_Bear

We've also got a work permit for Dong Fangzhuo.

<giggles at the prospect of the name "Dong" on a United shirt>

Latest