Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Bear)
    United 4 - 2 Villa

That way if im right by the exact scoreline you will think i am some kind of god
    It better be! - I just had a few pounds on it at 66 - 1!

ReputationRep:
    united 3 - 0 villa

larrson to score

My Prediction:

Man Utd 2 -0 Aston Villa

ReputationRep:
    Man U to win 4-1!

Larsson to score!

ReputationRep:
    Good result in the end - thoroughly deserved victory. Larsson's debut could'nt have been better scripted. Slightly dissapointed with Carrick and Park again - but i guess its the win that counts

ReputationRep:
    ^ yeah good win thought there was going to be another addition to out fixture list then. am more dissapointed with park, rooney played well near the end but didnt look good again at the start. not the best united performance but at least were through to round 4

ReputationRep:
    Good win, dont know why they were saying villa deserved a draw all they did well was defend and good work rate, not much threat to score.

I dunno bout Park, I thought he was good with his passing but his shooting has always been crap.

Larrson? dream debut, couldnt have written it better. He was so good in link up and creating chances.

ReputationRep:
    We deserved to win, great debut by Larsson and another great substitute goal from Ole.

ReputationRep:
    Villa to get a result for the league game, then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by #2(Laika))
    If it had'nt been for our persistent threat we wouldnt have got them set pieces....you make your own luck mate
    I'll watch out for that when Lampard scores from another deflection. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I thought Villa deserved a draw, the two young CB's played amazing IMO, with the manure onslaught to be fair :p:
    I had the feeling Villa would score one, but Manure werent clinical enough..
    Larsson is going to be the signing of the season imo.. great understanding and amazing goal.. did it all in like a movment, was :eek:
    Rooney should play better and tuck those chances away if he's truely world class..
    Noticed Evra doesnt get up the left flank much.. only saw 3 or 4 times? whereas Neville was like a 3rd striker at times :eek:

ReputationRep:
    they didnt deserve a draw overall because they never really created many chances apart from the goal. they were just defending throughout the game and they did well but i dont think a team deserves to draw all they do is defend and not create any real chances

ReputationRep:
    You can draw 0-0 very easily, just because your creating 'chances' doesnt mean you should win, theres half a chance and clear cut chances, Manure had about.. 4 i think, clear chances and scored one (and got lucky with a half chance), whereas Villa had 2 clear chances and scored one, hardly much difference.
    In terms of half chances, shots on targets, corners and whatnot, yes Manure were superior but we have defenders in the game for a reason, if you can contain your opponents or restrict them from scoring, well thats half the game too, and Villa did that very well bar a couple of times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYE)
    Larrson? dream debut, couldnt have written it better. He was so good in link up and creating chances.
    Could've been better. Could've done a Rooney.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else think Shearer (BBC pundit for today's match) was far too harsh in his assessments on United's performance today? I thought we were pretty decent, some nice, snappy play, we just didn't finish our chances. All i can say is, if we keep putting in performances like todays, for the remainder of the season, the title will be back at OT, the league title that is. And quite possibly the FA CUP also.

I quote the ridiculous Alan Shearer...

"I felt Villa deserved AT LEAST a replay". And he used those exact words, 'at least'.

Come on dude, how many goal attempts did United have compared to Villa, the possession count, corner count, United's penetrative attacking play compared to Villa's pretty limp attack....i need not go on. Ronaldo destroyed their left back, they couldn't cope with him.

ReputationRep:
    i never said creating chances means you should win but seeing as though we dominated a lot of the game, had more possesion we deserved to win, they reminded of the way liverpool played under gerrard houllier always defending. yeah they scored a goal but apart from that attack all they did was defend but i guess that what happens when you keep defending for most of the game; you lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR45H)
    i never said creating chances means you should win but seeing as though we dominated a lot of the game, had more possesion we deserved to win, they reminded of the way liverpool played under gerrard houllier always defending. yeah they scored a goal but apart from that attack all they did was defend but i guess that what happens when you keep defending for most of the game; you lose.
    We most certainly did deserve to win. Villa did very little, they didn't do much in way of attack, but i guess tactically they were almost spot-on. They defended very well at times but they were also rather lucky with some wayward Man United finishing, i.e Rooney's limp shot in first half, Larsson should have scored that time he was one on one with Goalkeeper, a Ronaldo shot that should have been on target, and some of Park's shooting, was absurd, really bad. Park needs some shooting practice in training

ReputationRep:
    Park was poor. Larsoon needs more match practice, but looks oh so promising. Carrick put in another underrated display I thought he was very very good. Rooney's final touch was poor AGAIN.. although showed his class with some nice link up play.

Overall a decent united performance against a dogged villa defence. Definetly deserved the win. All I'm worried about is Uniteds inability to put chances away.. they create so many chances but rarely capitalise on them. Hopefully a real goalscorer such as Larsson will help in the short term.

ReputationRep:
    What's all this stuff about 'we deserved to win'? It doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What's all this stuff about 'we deserved to win'? It doesn't matter.
    it doesnt matter? it doesnt matter?! We polverised 'em! If it handed ended a draw, it would have been a true injustice. Besides, i vaguely remember you contradicting this new stance - after cashley coles own goal

On another note, t'was Mark Bosnich's Bday today What a joke of a keeper he was...(lol)

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.