Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Society watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    What's all this stuff about 'we deserved to win'? It doesn't matter.
    According to Alan Shearer (BBC pundit for the match today), "Villa deserved AT LEAST a replay" from the match....ridiculous.

(Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I'll watch out for that when Lampard scores from another deflection. :p:
    :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    According to Alan Shearer (BBC pundit for the match today), "Villa deserved AT LEAST a replay" from the match....ridiculous.
    Ah. I never watched it.

ReputationRep:
    i hate the blatent liverpool bias on most editions of MOTD too. Linekar, Lawro, and Hansen do my head in!

ReputationRep:
    Man Utd did deserve the win, really. But the way it happened was horrible for Villa. You have to feel sorry for those fans who travelled too.

I'm glad you guys scored. When Arsenal take out both Chelsea and Man U en route to victory in the FA Cup, it will taste so much sweeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    When Arsenal take out both Chelsea and Man U en route to victory in the FA Cup, it will taste so much sweeter
    Like we did last season

ReputationRep:
    Larsson was amazing, i hope Man U can get a permament (well, as permanent as you can get for a 35 year old player) deal on him.

Any ideas on other transfer speculation (will hargreaves finally come?)

ReputationRep:
    There is very little chance of the Larsson move becoming permenant, there is a small small chance that we might be able to get him for 6 months rather than 3, but Sir Alex knows thats pushing it.

The latest I heard with Hargreaves is that Bayern are prepared to sell him for 21m and United's maximum is 17m... to be honest I think he'll come for 21m.

It also looks likely that Gareth Bale will come for 7m.

ReputationRep:
    Man U need another striker imo. i don't see why they can't get larsson, but they do need someone.

i've never heard of gareth bale

ReputationRep:
    I don't see why we need another striker. Ok Rooney's not performing anyway near to what we know he's capable of, but he's still doing enough, we've got Saha who will soon be back from injury, Ole who is proving that his long lay off hasn't affected him, Larsson on loan, which going by the game yesterday looks a cracking deal his movement both on and off the ball was excellent and his passing and link up play was good too. Plus there's also Smudger when he gets back, Rossi's back following his loan spell and we now have Fangzhou. Not to mention some of the midfielders that are capable of helping out up front (eg Ronaldo). Still need a striker do we?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eru Iluvatar)
    Man U need another striker imo. i don't see why they can't get larsson, but they do need someone.

i've never heard of gareth bale
    He plays for Southampton. Probably not worth £7mil

ReputationRep:
    Well he is undenaibly one of the great future talents of the british game. At 17 years old, he's a risk but could definetly pay off. We paid 12m for Christiano Ronaldo when he was relatively unknown, the risk definetely has paid off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    When Arsenal take out both Chelsea and Man U en route to victory in the FA Cup, it will taste so much sweeter
    You've got to beat your bogey team first.

ReputationRep:
    apparently barcelona are going for ronaldo in the summer and giving us xavi in a swap deal!!! i know its in the tabloid papers(mirror) but this is the kind of thing which gets the player thinking about the move and then they end up leaving. but i dont see him going not after his performances for us which sir alex has had a big part to play in.

ReputationRep:
    We simply cannot sell Ronaldo. Xavi is an awesome player but would he perform in the Premiership.. probably not. Ronaldo is also quite a bit younger. For United's future success he needs to stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shadders)
    We simply cannot sell Ronaldo. Xavi is an awesome player but would he perform in the Premiership.. probably not. Ronaldo is also quite a bit younger. For United's future success he needs to stay.
    Well i read that story somewhere too and it is codswallop.

Its just that we have been linked with Xavi and Ron's agent said he was offered to Barca last year ppl make stuff up. I dont think Ronaldo will leave we are finally living upto his expectations, he won't wanna leave now...last year he might have thought about it.

Oh and how about the previous man who wore the no 7 shirt. 128 mill to play "soccer" with a few "dudes" he has done okay for himself? No?

ReputationRep:
    Er, yeah. Been away far too long guys, sorry. After my exams, that is, end of the month, I'll be properly active again.

Just to congratulate Cristiano Ronaldo on being only the third player ever to win Permier League Player of the Month twice in a row after collecting the prize for December.

Off to bed now, toodles.

Welcome Back Juwel

My Predicition:

Man Utd 2 - 0 Aston Villa

ReputationRep:
    3-1 united.

ReputationRep:
    my prediction

2-0 united

Poll
Do you like exams?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.