The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7440
UNITED MAKE FRESH OWEN MOVE

Manchester United have tabled a fresh £20million bid for Bayern Munich's Owen Hargreaves, according to the player.

Bayern are known to be reticent to sanction the player's departure but Hargreaves has now confirmed that United have bid for his services again.

"It's been official today that Manchester United have made an offer for me," Hargreaves told BBC Sport.

"For a club like Man Utd to make an offer is something I appreciate."

The Premiership leaders have been tracking the England international for some time and narrowly missed out on landing his services last year.

A broken leg curtailed Hargreaves' first half of the season in Germany, but the Canadian-born star is now back training with the Bundesliga giants.

Bayern's general manager Uli Hoeness recently stated Hargreaves would not be sold this winter, so it remains to be seen whether United's fresh bid tests their resolve.

However, president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has painted a different picture, after conceding a deal for Hargreaves' signature could be struck this month.

"The transfer might happen in January, or at the very latest in February," Rummenigge is quoted as saying in Bild.
Reply 7441
Just to point out that the price is conjecture; Hargreaves has merely claimed that an offer has been placed.
Reply 7442
In all honesty, am i the only one who reckons we can do better with £20m?
Just thought I'd let you guys know that Mike Riley will be the referee for tommorow's game :eek:

Arsenal - Man Utd games are always great to watch, should be a goodun :yy:
Reply 7444
Deffo gonna be a good game tomorrow, be even better if the scousers do us a favour and take the points off Chelski. Anyway, I'm going for an
Arsenal 1-3 United
Reply 7445
domisakin
In all honesty, am i the only one who reckons we can do better with £20m?

I dunno mate, i think Hargreaves is a class player and his drive in midfield will definitely help us and him being British hes always gonna be over priced just like Carrick was.

You got anyone else in mind?
Reply 7446
#2(Laika)
I dunno mate, i think Hargreaves is a class player and his drive in midfield will definitely help us and him being British hes always gonna be over priced just like Carrick was.

Rino Gattuso?
#2(Laika)

Beckham :laugh:
Reply 7448
samba
Rino Gattuso?

Gattuso is a class player and even though we've enquired about him on numerous occasions i just dont see him coming to us, good shout though :yy:
Reply 7449
Rosicky88
Beckham :laugh:

Funniest thing i've heard all year :rolleyes:
Reply 7450
check out the chelsea team to face liverpool:
* 01 Cech
* 14 Geremi
* 20 Ferreira
* 05 Essien
* 03 Cole
* 08 Lampard
* 13 Ballack
* 12 Mikel
* 16 Robben
* 11 Drogba
* 21 Kalou

No Carvalho, No Makelele, No central defenders, Geremi at right back, Mikel in centre mid. I think liverpool have a decent chance here.
Reply 7451
jose
check out the chelsea team to face liverpool:
* 01 Cech
* 14 Geremi
* 20 Ferreira
* 05 Essien
* 03 Cole
* 08 Lampard
* 13 Ballack
* 12 Mikel
* 16 Robben
* 11 Drogba
* 21 Kalou

No Carvalho, No Makelele, No central defenders, Geremi at right back, Mikel in centre mid. I think liverpool have a decent chance here.

:ditto:

I think Liverpool can win today.
Reply 7452
Ok, i'm calling it, Liverpool 2: Chelsea 1.
#2(Laika)
Funniest thing i've heard all year :rolleyes:

Really? I thought it would've been when a lanky ****** scored past you at Old Trafford to win the game for an injury-struck Arsenal. Each to their own though...
Reply 7454
For me it was when Arsenal failed to score against a sheffield united side who didn't have a goalkeeper. But as you say, each to their own...
Reply 7455
^ just wait til tommorow and we'll see who does the talking then
Reply 7456
jose
For me it was when Arsenal failed to score against a sheffield united side who didn't have a goalkeeper. But as you say, each to their own...

hahaha class.
Reply 7457
Come on the dippers!!!
Haha the scousers are 2-0 up, if they win then that will be enough of a catalyst for a good performance against the Gunners. If Chelsea fight back I think the mindset for that game will be completely different and we will lose.

This weekend is the first round of the title race.
Chance to go 9 points clear :biggrin:

Latest