The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Juwel
Somehow I thought you'd say that :wink:

Although I wouldn't mind seeing my paper for History of Maths, I'm quite proud of that...

-

Back on topic, and David Gill has both admitted defeat in trying to get Owen Hargreaves over here this month, and issued a firm hands-off to chasers of Cristiano Ronaldo, while stating in the process that the Glazer brothers base their transfer policy on the manager's needs and not the bottom line.
Mind reader eh?^o) :p:

Do we really need hargreaves now though? He'd be good backup.
Reply 7741
darth_vader05
Mind reader eh?^o) :p:

Do we really need hargreaves now though? He'd be good backup.

Hehe, and Kaka would make a great squad player for us too :biggrin:

I believe we need someone of Hargreaves' style: and I wonder if there's no other, let alone cheaper, option out there.
Reply 7742
I think we definitely need someone like Hargreaves, we dont have a natural tackler in midfield at the moment.....
#2(Laika)
I think we definitely need someone like Hargreaves, we dont have a natural tackler in midfield at the moment.....

Paul Scholes is a natural tackler... of course those aren't the sort of tackles man u want flying in...

Anyway, yeah for some games you need a player like Hargreaves to be able to get in there, tackle well. Maybe try playing Rio in that role though, i've always thought he would play in that sort of position, he's comfortable on the ball and everything.
Reply 7744
Eru Iluvatar
Paul Scholes is a natural tackler... of course those aren't the sort of tackles man u want flying in...

Anyway, yeah for some games you need a player like Hargreaves to be able to get in there, tackle well. Maybe try playing Rio in that role though, i've always thought he would play in that sort of position, he's comfortable on the ball and everything.

If we played Rio in midfield we'd lose his composure in defense, him and Vidic compliment each other really well.
Reply 7745
FA Cup Fifth Round

Chelsea v Blackpool or Norwich
Watford v Ipswich
Preston v Man City
Plymouth v Derby County
Man Utd v Reading
Arsenal or Bolton v Blackburn
Bristol City or Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion
Fulham v Tottenham
Reply 7746
hmm its going to be a tough fixture especially after the 2 very hard games reading gave us in the premiership, should be a fantastic cup game.
Reply 7747
CR45H
hmm its going to be a tough fixture especially after the 2 very hard games reading gave us in the premiership, should be a fantastic cup game.

Gonna try the caption competition?:smile:
Don't think Reading will win that match, but should be a good game nevertheless :smile:
Why do Chelsea keep getting easy draws?

Anyway, we'll smash Reading.

And yay I'm in the club woowoo
Reply 7750
The_Bear
Why do Chelsea keep getting easy draws?

And yay I'm in the club woowoo

Enjoy your stay :smile:
The_Bear
Hope not :p:
Reply 7752
#2(Laika)

Alan Smith should be back soon :biggrin:
Reply 7753
#2(Laika)
Gonna try the caption competition?:smile:

yeah i will, just cant come up with anything atm!!
Reply 7754
#2(Laika)
Caption Competition

Whats On Laurens Mind After Wayne Rooneys Second Goal Against Pompey?

"am going to have to visit rooneys prostitute parlour to console me after that"
Reply 7755
Gah, another tie to have to shell out money for, this is costing me more than I'd have wanted. And we get another Premiership team too. Hope Preston knock City out.
When does the champions league offically start?
Reply 7757
#2(Laika)
Caption Competition

"****** cheeky ****" probably.
Reply 7758
#2(Laika)
Caption Competition

"Well at least they aren't 6 points clear... what?...oh"
BexTait
Gah, another tie to have to shell out money for, this is costing me more than I'd have wanted. And we get another Premiership team too. Hope Preston knock City out.

****e isn't it. Surely a good away isn't much to ask for. 3rd boring mid-table Premiership team in a row. The Magic of the FA Cup, what a load of f**king *******s. And the KO time? Probably 9.45 Wednesday morning. And it's a game where "anyone can beat anyone". Except they don't. ****ing hate this ****e game.

Latest