The Manchester United Society Watch

This discussion is closed.
sebas_back
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
11 games to go now, if we pull this off it has to be the best Premniership title we've won;

A Fulham
A Liverpool
H Bolton
H Blackburn
A Portsmouth
H Sheff Utd
A Chelsea
H Middlesbro
A Everton
A Man City
H West Ham
I'd still go with '93 and '96 personally but there's next to nothing to choose for me.
BexTait
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Getting to the nervy part really. Was never happy with our run-in when teh fixtures were first announced, and don't forget that the Chelsea game could potentially be moved to become the penultimate game of the season should either team get to the FA Cup semis.
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Personally, I wish United all the best of luck. That's not Chelsea hatred speaking - I miss the Arsenal/United tussles as a football fan, and the football you've played this season has been magnificent. The run-in is scary, but fun, and I'm the first to admit I'm jealous to not really be a part of it again. Still, I hope you do it and good luck.
Rafa
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Hubert Poo)
Personally, I wish United all the best of luck. That's not Chelsea hatred speaking - I miss the Arsenal/United tussles as a football fan, and the football you've played this season has been magnificent. The run-in is scary, but fun, and I'm the first to admit I'm jealous to not really be a part of it again. Still, I hope you do it and good luck.
jose
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Hubert Poo)
cheers.
Hopefully it'llbe United v Arsenal again next year, and not for second place. Thought the youngsters were seriously impressive again last night.
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm in love with Denilson. And I speak as a well-adjusted heterosexual man. But some of the things he can do on the pitch, it just makes a man's head turn . . .

As for the rest of the youngsters - well, frankly, maybe we'll all agree on this thread that ****ing Bolton over is actually quite a lot of fun.

Your run-in is quite decent actually. There's a good chance even if the Chelsea game is moved, they'll be done and dusted by then. And I would agree - deal with Liverpool and Chelsea are very possibly screwed in the head. I think Chelsea have left it too late to deal with you, and for a United player/fan beating Liverpool psychologically is massive.
jose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah Denilson was the one that stood out for me, looks like a hell of a player. Am i right in thinking Chelsea still have to go to the Emirates? In which case i think Arsenal are more than due a win against Chelsea.
Rafa
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by jose)
Yeah Denilson was the one that stood out for me, looks like a hell of a player. Am i right in thinking Chelsea still have to go to the Emirates? In which case i think Arsenal are more than due a win against Chelsea.
Yep, Chelsea need to go to the Emirates, i've got a feeling Arsenal will beat em, they nearly beat em at Stamford Bridge....
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yes, they've still still got to come to us. Yes, we're due a win. O God, we're due a win! I don't know what other Gooners would think of this, but, hypothetically, if I had to choose, I'd rather we beat them in Cardiff than in the league - CL qualification is so damn important these days and losing out on it would be a financial/footballing nightmare, but I'd be prepared to gamble those three points on a trophy, however small in comparison to the F.A. Cup or CL. The Premiership is long gone if we're honest. Next season so much more will be in place.

Then again, we could always beat them twice! I'd be perfectly happy to see my argument made irrelevant on that count.
jose
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Beat them twice, beat them twice! Just hope it doesn't go to penalties...
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Oh **** no!!!
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Chelsea winning nothing this season would please me as much as Man Utd winning the Premiership.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The_Bear)
Chelsea winning nothing this season would please me as much as Man Utd winning the Premiership.
Yes as Chelsea winning nothing means we win the premiership
RobbieC
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That is a tough run for Man U, I can only see 4 relatively easy wins... and West Ham could make one of those HELL if they're scrapping for their lives still.
Hubert Poo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
Yes as Chelsea winning nothing means we win the premiership
And it means we win the Carling Cup!

I'll get my coat.
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Man United vs Reading....

Prediction: 3-1 United.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
4-0 to United lol
CJ
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
3-0 Utd i think
Zerforax
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1-0 to Reading ¬_¬
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
1-0 to Reading ¬_¬
Enjoy your free weekend
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (199)
27.95%
No (513)
72.05%

Watched Threads