The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7940
I'll call it 3-2 to the Reds.
Ronaldo VII
Enjoy your free weekend :biggrin:

Enjoy losing to Reading :hmpf:
Reply 7942
It says a lot about how boring it is between football matches when the big news from United are what people said :p: This week, Gary Neville attacks agents and Sir Alex Ferguson joins Rafael Benitez in criticising the FA's academy system.

Gary Neville on football agents, BBC Sport

Sir Alex Ferguson on the academy system, BBC Sport

Reply 7943
Personally, I haven't as yet read the Ferguson story but I know of what Neville said and I think he's absolutely spot on, and only the agents would disagree.
Reply 7944
One more thing; interestingly Steve Coppell is sticking with his policy of playing his fringe team in the FA Cup, and Reading chairman John Madejski has come out in defence of his manager for doing so.

Heh, and if United do the same, I wonder if the BBC will regret having this game on TV :p:

We should, I think. Give Kieron Richardson and Darren Fletcher a game, and continue Park Ji-Sung's run in the team. Maybe even Dong Fangzhou :eek:
Reply 7945
Not going to the game tomorrow (it'll be the first home game I'll have missed so far this season) as it's the one KO time over the w/end I couldn't make. Plus another £30 had to be forked out to see another mid-table team come to Old Trafford, not really the sort of FA cup clash you want, rather have a lower league team or a top tam like Arsenal (no offence to Reading). Anyway, still reckon United'll come out on top:

United 2-0 Reading
Reply 7946
4 - 1
Reply 7947
I think Smudger's supposed to be in the squad, be nice to see him get a run out
Out of interest does anyone know what you do if tickets haven't arrived in the post by match day? Can you take a proof of purchase and pick them up there?
Reply 7949
Ronaldo VII
Enjoy your free weekend :biggrin:

:biggrin:
Reply 7950
Juwel
Personally, I haven't as yet read the Ferguson story but I know of what Neville said and I think he's absolutely spot on, and only the agents would disagree.

Definately man, agents are ruining the game big time!
Reply 7951
Manalishi
Out of interest does anyone know what you do if tickets haven't arrived in the post by match day? Can you take a proof of purchase and pick them up there?

Phone them at the box office and tell them so; they'll arrange it so that you can collect them at the ground.
Okay, if they haven't arrived tomorrow morning we'll do that :smile: Cheers.
Reply 7953
Manalishi
Okay, if they haven't arrived tomorrow morning we'll do that :smile: Cheers.

May be a bit late then, I think they say call them if you still haven't got the tickets 24 hours before kick-off.
Reply 7954
Manalishi

As said, phone the ticket office no earlier than 2 working days before the day of the game to arrange duplicates for collection. If the ticket is for the game tomorrow you're a little late in phoning them tho, don't think they can sort duplicates on match day.
Well the tickets were only bought on Wednesday and they said they would be two working days...
Agents are definitely a necessary part of the game but they are obscenely powerful. I work with agents governed by the FSA regulations every day and there is never any need for principal ratification. Why there aren't similar regulations and guidelines in place for football agents when similar amounts of money are involved I'll never know.
Reply 7957
I've just bought tickets to see the Europe XI match. Should be fun :smile: xx.
Reply 7958
Manalishi
Well the tickets were only bought on Wednesday and they said they would be two working days...

If you only ordered them Wednesday then I'd imagine that they wouldn't post them out and you'd have to collect on the day as that's what they usually do in that sort of situation (not too sure when the cut off is tho TBH). My ticket was only sent second class, payment taken as soon as the fixture was confirmed yet didn't arrive until the w/end due to them taking ages in sending it!
~ o
I've just bought tickets to see the Europe XI match. Should be fun :smile: xx.

what channel is this going to be on? Sky i bet...

Latest