Here you go :yy:
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
Alex Ferguson!!!! :eek:
I haven't seen the game or MOTD but I hear he celebrated the winner like a maniac, is that what you're referring to?
white_haired_wizard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Here you go :yy:
Maybe put the "the result was fair..." comment down to his command, or slight lack-of, of the English language. I'm sure everyone would acknowledge the result wasn't fair....But credit where credit's due, United took their chances, never-say-die attitude, play to the death and try to score until the fat lady sings...etc...
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
I haven't seen the game or MOTD but I hear he celebrated the winner like a maniac, is that what you're referring to?
Yes. Very funny clip. I'm sure it'll find it's way onto whatever video facilities can be found on the internet these days....it's worth viewing
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just seen highlights on YouTube. Can't believe the quality of Ryan Giggs' goal has been overlooked by the forum! The ball from Wayne Rooney; and that finish :eek3: high volley with the outside of the boot beyond the 'keeper from a tight angle, just the sort of class you'd expect from a world class pro who's had the ball at his feet forever.
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
Just seen highlights on YouTube. Can't believe the quality of Ryan Giggs' goal has been overlooked by the forum! The ball from Wayne Rooney; and that finish :eek3: high volley with the outside of the boot beyond the 'keeper from a tight angle, just the sort of class you'd expect from a world class pro who's had the ball at his feet forever.
if i'm not mistaken, Gigg's shot was a total mis-hit and it came off his shin....

maybe i'm mistaken, but judging from the replays....
Rafa
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
(Original post by Juwel)
For me, the two reasons we're top are best seen in the F and A columns of the table.

Best attack in the league, our forwards are keeping our Goals For column ticking over and Ronaldo scoring 16 is just exceptional. You're a very good team when your forwards' goals are supplemented by your attacking midfield, but when your top scorer's a winger with 16 goals with ten games to go you know you have a real special talent on your hands.

Best defence in the league (joint with Chelsea it has to be said but we've played a game more), and so huge credit goes to Edwin van der Sar, Nemanja Vidic and Rio Ferdinand, the three of whom look so comfortable with each other and have thrown mud at the theory that United need an enforcer in central midfield.

One concern; all Ronaldo's goals this season have come in the League. How comfortable would we be if he would contribute in the cups too.
That would be class mate.
Rafa
(Original post by white_haired_wizard)
if i'm not mistaken, Gigg's shot was a total mis-hit and it came off his shin....

maybe i'm mistaken, but judging from the replays....
It was no way from his shins, he hit it on the outside of his foot and made the ball spin the other way, or am i seeing things?
Mellanie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I don't think it was a mis hit at all, I'm sure he went for goal, and oh boy did he get it!
white_haired_wizard
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by #2(Laika))
It was no way from his shins, he hit it on the outside of his foot and made the ball spin the other way, or am i seeing things?
To my eye, it looked like he missed it with his left peg and that it simply bounced off his shin! Sorry to ruin the moment, but from what i saw, the finish seemed lucky.
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Dennis Bergkamp did it against West Bromwich Albion a couple of seasons ago. He was centrally positioned, edge of the box, hit a sweet volley coming across him with the outside of the boot beyond the 'keeper (Tomasz Kuszczak I believe!). He just rubber-stamped his quality there, I was amazed to see it executed to such perfection.
Mellanie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ahhh no matter, we won the match thats all I'm happy about tbh - 9 points ahead for another week odd!
Rafa
(Original post by Juwel)
Dennis Bergkamp did it against West Bromwich Albion a couple of seasons ago. He was centrally positioned, edge of the box, hit a sweet volley coming across him with the outside of the boot beyond the 'keeper (Tomasz Kuszczak I believe!). He just rubber-stamped his quality there, I was amazed to see it executed to such perfection.
Yeah i remember that goal, twas sweet.
Rafa
(Original post by Journey)
Ahhh no matter, we won the match thats all I'm happy about tbh - 9 points ahead for another week odd!
Yeah, well we could be 12 points clear before Chelsea play again if we beat Liverpool.
Mellanie
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah, well we could be 12 points clear before Chelsea play again if we beat Liverpool.
Yeah that would be awesome, even if its only just psychologically on the Chelsea team:rolleyes:
Rafa
(Original post by Journey)
Yeah that would be awesome, even if its only just psychologically on the Chelsea team:rolleyes:
Would be nice to see how Chelsea react if we do go 12 points clear, they have 2 hard away games coming up, Portsmouth and Man City.
sebas_back
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Would be nice to see how Chelsea react if we do go 12 points clear, they have 2 hard away games coming up, Portsmouth and Man City.
Not that we have either of those 2 away anytime soon :rolleyes:
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
At this stage, is it too early to say it's ours to lose and we still have to worry about Chelsea?
Rafa
(Original post by sebas_back)
Not that we have either of those 2 away anytime soon :rolleyes:
I was just saying that its gonna be tricky, i mean back to back away games against Portsmouth and City is gonna be kinda hard.
Flash6289
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Ziggy Stardust)
Lol @ Carragher in a Europe XI
If you think Carra shouldn't be in the Europe XI then you obviously didn't see how well he played against Barcelona...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1170)
79.38%
Leave (304)
20.62%

Watched Threads