The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8380
jose
Silvestre still plays too many blind cross field passes for my liking. A couple of times today he could have cleared it but took an extra couple of touches, invited pressure, then riskily and blindly cut it back in field towards either VDS or Vidic. Makes me nervy

Edit: Sorry Laika, i was typing when you posted!

It's cool mate, you can call me Rafael by the way....
I used to love Gabby, ****ing psycho flies in at every chance but since his injury he just looks off. Bit nervy against Reading and doesn't have a great understanding with Vidic and Rio. Not his fault really...
Reply 8382
The_Bear
I used to love Gabby, ****ing psycho flies in at every chance but since his injury he just looks off. Bit nervy against Reading and doesn't have a great understanding with Vidic and Rio. Not his fault really...

I think he'll be back on song next season. The injury threw him somewhat, yes. Think of it like Nemanja Vidic and Patrice Evra last season; they weren't too sure last season but they needed that time in the second half of the season to learn about the Premiership and their teammates. A rest in the summer later and they're among our best players.
Reply 8383
#2(Laika)
It's cool mate, you can call me Rafael by the way....

:smile: cheers, it's happened to me loads recently. We're definitely in agreement though - Silvestre = nervy, nervy, nervy

And Heinze will be back. He's such a driven and determined player that he'll not be happy as number 2 and is bound to force his way back into contention.
Isnt Gabby's contract up this summer? It would be a shame to see him go on a free.
Reply 8385
The_Bear
Isnt Gabby's contract up this summer? It would be a shame to see him go on a free.

Nope, I think it's 2010.

Sir Alex Ferguson said that he'd read some tabloid that said his contract was up this summer and he had to check the contract because he couldn't believe it :p:
HAHA commentator on MotD, "Saha was slipping". **** the hell off, clearest penalty you will ever see.
Putting a hole in the world's best striker = yellow
Air punching a spanish **** = red?
For everything else there's mastercard.

Tell you what, that Drogba is the only reason Chelsea are above UEFA cup places. If you took Cech away too I think Chelsea would be relegated.
Carra's tackle wasn't a nice one no, but that could be seen as accidental, whereas taking a swing as that little ginger prick did at Alonso (and what a pathetic swing it was), whether successful or not, is just bang out of order and deserves a red. Good to see Alonso walk away too.
The_Bear
Putting a hole in the world's best striker = yellow
Air punching a spanish **** = red?
For everything else there's mastercard.

that's the best way of putting what I was thinking. However the most coherent thought I can come up with after MotD is What The ******? I thought the ref made some good decisions first half, but not giving someone a red when Rooney needed 8 stitches? Crazy.

Anyway, it was a pathetic attempt at a punch - I reckon it was like a flick, sure if Scholesy wanted to thump someone properly he could :biggrin:
El Chueco
A cohesive United hammered by a team that have never played together?

Cohesive and lucky.

And I hope it is on BBC Three, as I've got that on my TV. :smile:
Flash6289
Carra's tackle wasn't a nice one no, but that could be seen as accidental, whereas taking a swing as that little ginger prick did at Alonso (and what a pathetic swing it was), whether successful or not, is just bang out of order and deserves a red. Good to see Alonso walk away too.

He walked away because he knew he had got what he wanted. He is actually a pretty talented football but had a **** game (his name wasn't mentioned during the whole MotD highlights) because he kept trying to kick the crap out of Scholes. Pathetic, he deserved a punch but it wasn't even that. It was a warning.

The funny thing is Utd wouldn't have scored if scholes had been on.
Reply 8392
Flash6289

That was Xabi Alonso's aim anyway, to piss off Paul Scholes all game. Totally cynical, it's a wonder he didn't go down clutching his pretty face.
Juwel
That was Xabi Alonso's aim anyway, to piss off Paul Scholes all game. Totally cynical, it's a wonder he didn't go down clutching his pretty face.

I could say the same about Wayne Mooney
Juwel
Pub footballer :laugh:

Are you so blinded by your bias that you can't realise the quailty and intelligence of England's finest footballer for a generation?
Let's no get carried away. He is good when he is playing football, but that swing he took, even if he did think twice halfway through, will be the undoing of a player like Scholes.
Reply 8395
opiache
that's the best way of putting what I was thinking. However the most coherent thought I can come up with after MotD is What The ******? I thought the ref made some good decisions first half, but not giving someone a red when Rooney needed 8 stitches? Crazy.

Anyway, it was a pathetic attempt at a punch - I reckon it was like a flick, sure if Scholesy wanted to thump someone properly he could :biggrin:
What does the number of stitches given to Rooeny have to do with what card should have been issued? It was a high ball, both of them ahd feet high, but Carra was a bit clumsy. Look at the reaction of the United players for how bad a challenge they thought it was.

It may have been a pathetic attempt at a punch, but it was an attempt at a punch none the less. He was trying to whack him. He jumped up in the air as he was doing it which made him mis-judge it so he missed but it was still a red. I can't believe people are trying to justify one player trying punch another in the face in the middle of a game! If that's not a sending off i don't know what is! And yet again Scholes was demonstrating his immunity to conceding free kicks/yellow cards all game (not red cards though :p: )
Reply 8396
RobbieC
Let's no get carried away. He is good when he is playing football, but that swing he took, even if he did think twice halfway through, will be the undoing of a player like Scholes.
There's not much time left in his career for him to become undone
Juwel
In my opinion Steven Gerrard is Liverpool's only world-class player at the moment. Jose Reina could make a case, and Daniel Agger will become quite a player.

EDIT Stupid me, I forgot Xabi Alonso. He's world class.
Reina is a ****ing joke. Compare him to another Spaniard... Casillas. Wait, he's too **** for comparison... A real joke of a keeper. Just flaps insanely at things, and Liverpool really need better.
Scholes' punch was a bit like this at 0:09 seconds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLQubgk9EkY
RobbieC
Reina is a ****ing joke. Compare him to another Spaniard... Casillas. Wait, he's too **** for comparison... A real joke of a keeper. Just flaps insanely at things, and Liverpool really need better.

Jamie Carragher? He is England's best defender, END OF.

Latest